Sons vs Loons

Outcome  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s important the players, staff, officials, fans and anyone else with a meaningful emotional connection to DFC take a moment to reflect on the ramifications of conceding to Nae Goals McCluskey.

I don’t know where we go from here. 

Edited by George Parr

3 minutes ago, George Parr said:

It’s important the players, staff, officials, fans and anyone else with a meaningful emotional connection to DFC take a moment to reflect on the ramifications of conceding a goal to Nae Goals McCluskey.

I don’t know where we go from here. 

You must have missed this whilst being relegated but “nae goals McCluskey” has actually scored quite a lot

Forfar fully deserved their point.  Whilst the time-wasting was tedious their defensive shape with ten men was excellent against a pretty laborious Sons performance.  They also identified our defensive weak spot at left-back and fired long balls right in there, one of which resulted in their second goal.

We had too many ordinary performances and unforced mistakes on a day when Finlay Gray's direct running was missed, but there will be days like this and we move on.

A draw was the fair result.

That was hugely frustrating and once again I’m leaving a home game where we haven’t been beaten but at the same time feeling hugely underwhelmed with what I saw from us. 

I don’t know if MacLean just saves the good performances for when I’m not in attendance but I thought he was fairly hopeless, I’d much rather see Ryan Wallace start upfront. I like wee Lynas but why is he so shit scared to put a cross into the box? There were at least 4 or 5 occassions where he was in a great position to whip a ball in but decided to pass the buck onto someone else. Garrity is a guy who arrived with decent reports but I’ve yet to see anything to suggest he’ll be a decent operator at this level. 

That’s 2 points dropped against a bang average side who spent half the game down to ten men. We really didn’t have a clue what to do when they decided to camp in their own half and credit must go to Forfar for seeing the game out with ease in the end up.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

I thought we did deserve the 3 points despite some awful defending at the goals. We were forced in the second half to play a style of front foot play our manager admits us against what we would wish.

pity our final ball just lacked a bit of quality .

for me orsi McKee and carsewell we our best . 
just wish we didn’t give so much possession away in first half by sitting off. 72% at one stage 

One of those games where we just really struggled to break Forfar down. We had lots of pressure and possession around the box but very few chances that we actually created from it in the second half. Forfar's second goal was just a calamity of errors and thought they done well being down to 10 men to just play very compact and ultimately just frustrate us and hold out for a point. 

Love's shot off the post was fairly agonising but these things happen. Should've won the game but didn't would be my take. 

Every game I've been to this season I've left feeling our team has more to give. I get that our style is to sit in and soak up pressure but we lost two piss poor goals today, the second goal being one of the most comical goals you'll see at any level of football. We took too long to bring Wallace on for McLean who I honestly can't understand how he keeps his place in the team and I felt our tactics in general let us down. Garrity also doesn't appear to have a brain in his head, despite obvious physical attributes. Positives for me were Joe McKee bossing the second half and Orsi being a proper threat from right midfield, but I felt we didn't utilise his threat properly, not helped by the sillyness of swapping he and Greg Wylde/Garrity for periods of the game. Its clear to me we have a squad capable of winning this league but I continue to have doubts about our management team. That said, we have a 3 point lead after 15 games, so I suppose I should sit doon and shut up...

Still in a much better position than I would’ve thought before the Elgin game, and more than achieved the 10 points from 5 games target, I set. Keep that up and the league will be ours. No easy games in this league and no game we can’t win.

Edited by FifeSons