EastFife v Albion Rovers

Because he was running past the east fife player

The east fife player pulled him back,

A foul and as the rovers player had a clear goalscoring opportunity it's a red card

It was an obvious foul if you don't think it was a foul the only excuse is you either didn't see it or you didn't want to see it.

He doesn’t pull him back at all, he kicks the ball of your attacker and I reckon the referee gives it for high feet. When you watch it back you’ll realise you’re wrong and we’ll wonder if you’re man enough to admit it.

Keeper shouldn’t have been sent off you’re absolutely correct but congrats on scraping a win against ten men. The reverse fixture you should’ve won, however today you’ve gotten away with one. Swings and roundabouts.

Must be one those happy clappers…

just saying

No. We were the better side for the majority of the game despite being down to 10 men. This coming from the guy that thought we could go for Tam Courts for the managers vacancy. Wild takes, every week without fail.

Must be one those happy clappers…

just saying

No. We were the better side for the majority of the game despite being down to 10 men. This coming from the guy that thought we could go for Tam Courts for the managers vacancy. Wild takes, every week without fail.

1 minute ago, MR.E said:

Not allowed to make suggestions, no? we should be better than most sides we got relegated from league 1 or I’m I spoiling your Saturday night on the internet and pretend east fife going places under a manager that accepts where we are emotions like the result today.

Absolute stonewall red card seen pictures of incident at half time Leslie is away and EF player pulls him down.

Both penalties where penalties.

Cant send a player off if they have made an attempt for the ball due to double jeopardy rule. (common knowledge)

EF far better team but we deserved a break after last two performances.

Alan Trouten doesn’t miss penalties as we found out when he played for us got away with one there.

Balde and Reilly simply to good for everyone else on park.

Edited by Rovers Ben

Not allowed to make suggestions, no? we should be better than most sides we got relegated from league 1 or I’m I spoiling your Saturday night on the internet and pretend east fife going places under a manager that accepts where we are emotions like the result today.

I could suggest we sign Messi but doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. It’s called being a realist.

We should be better than most sides. Correct. As it stands we’re in 3rd place and the two teams ahead of us have bigger budgets which normally means they sign better players, funny that eh! Most people when this squad was assembled assumed we’d be in the lower end of the table, so we’re surpassing the expectations of most. We narrowly lost today to a last min penalty and until then have been on a decent run of form.

Call me a happy clapper or whatever you want but
league stats since GMc took over:

3 wins
2 defeats
1 draw

Goals scored: 14.

Goals conceded: 10.

Charlie Reilly honestly reminds me of Gareth Bale. I could see a club from the Championship coming in and throwing a bit of cash in the direction of Cliftonhill in January for him. I love the way he strikes the ball too, his shots look absolutely vicious.

15 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

A foul and as the rovers player had a clear goalscoring opportunity it's a red card

It was an obvious foul if you don't think it was a foul the only excuse is you either didn't see it or you didn't want to see it.

What a nonsense. 

13 hours ago, Rovers Ben said:

Absolute stonewall red card seen pictures of incident at half time Leslie is away and EF player pulls him down.

Both penalties where penalties.

Cant send a player off if they have made an attempt for the ball due to double jeopardy rule. (common knowledge)

EF far better team but we deserved a break after last two performances.

Alan Trouten doesn’t miss penalties as we found out when he played for us got away with one there.

Balde and Reilly simply to good for everyone else on park.

Can you two take a look at our highlights and tell me, honestly, if you really think that is a "stonewall" red card? Even if you think it is, which I would find really odd, there's absolutely no chance it's been given for him "pulling him back". 

One thing that is clear though is that it's really poor from Steele getting caught that flat footed. 

https://eftv.info/highlights-2022-23/

Edited by Big Fifer

I thought it was an entertaining game yesterday.Baulde had a really good game and was a standout .We won’t win anything unless we stop losing using stupid goals.How many times have we seen football games on the television . When it comes to penalties it goes to the selected player for penalties before the game started.It’s not about a player getting a hat trick it’s about the team winning.The captain should have taken the responsibility.I also thought it was a mistake for shepherd to come off.He was doing well on his own and providing an outlet for the midfield.A small player comes on and it felt as if we only had 9 players on the park.Disagree with loan signing that have to get a game every week when it doesn’t help the team.

I'll stay away from the debate surrounding the pens & red until I've watched again. Not sure how anyone could say that wasn't entertaining. Game had everything, 5 goals, a red card, a penalty saved, a last minute winner. Ordinarily I'd be gutted to lose with the last kick of the game, but we looked good going forward & played a lot of good stuff, unfortunately we were left with a hole in our defence. Yesterday, also showed again, we can play nice stuff, just lack a finisher. Players put so much into that yesterday. 

Albion looked, a lot like Elgin, big & effective at the back with a bit of class up front. Graham stood out second half, anyway, (though he was maybe at fault for our opener). Good finish from reilly for his first.

Balde, for me had maybe not been getting into an advanced enough position, that could be down to the manager, yesterday he seemed to get more freedom & get further up, possibly because of us being a man short all game. Pity his penalty was poor. Ironic that Trouten had just been taken off, & Shivone is injured. What's with all those left backs on the bench & none on the park? With the teams immediately above and below both losing, maybe wasn't as damaging a defeat, but mid table is now all close. 

Finally, whose the biggest pantomime villan yesterday, the referee, or the number 3 with the pony tail? 

Absolute pish!!!
Watch the highlights, you can clearly see that it was never a foul, never mind a red card and the debate isn’t helped by you making shit up, “the East Fife player pulled him back”, were you actually at the game???
That wasn’t even what the referee wrongly sent him off for!!!
If you think that it was a foul then the only excuse is that you either didn’t see it or you feel the need to invent one up in order to justify your player going down squealing when the ball hit him in the face!!!
There was a "double jeopardy" rule brought in a 5/6 years ago

The keeper made a genuine attempt to win the ball so it's only a yeallow

Yes there is a “double jeopardy” rule but as you said that would only comes into effect if the keeper had actually made a genuine attempt to win the ball. He didn’t, so double jeopardy does not even come in to it, your keeper brought Shepherd down with his feet and in front of what would have been an open goal. So therefore he should have walked!!!

Have you watched the highlights and see how massively wrong you were yet?

Cause either you haven’t seen it or don’t want to see it [emoji102]