EastFife v Albion Rovers

East Fife 1-0 Albion Rovers

Joao Balde (20mins)

Excellent move, brilliant header, no more than we deserve!!!

’mon the 10 men!!!

East Fife 1-1 Albion Rovers

Reilly (28mins)

Healy goes from hero last week to villain today with a woeful attempt at a World Cup pass across the midfield which is nowhere near a man in pink, Reilly took full advantage ran in on goal and scored!!!

How is that goalkeeper still on the park???

He’s the last man, forward straight through on goal and he wipes him out, this clown of a referee is making it up as he goes along!!!

Not usually one for blaming officials but they were shocking today. The red card wasn't a red, their keeper should have been off and was the decisive foul inside the box? Balde missed a penalty at 2-2 right after Trouten was taken off which is typical. 

Another good performance playing with 10 men for 80 minutes plus. Not the result we deserved sadly.

Our 2 goals were absolutely stunning also.

Edited by GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa

The past two weeks I've watched us, and have assessed us as a good side with an absolute bucket load of individual mistakes in us. For me the red card wasn't even a foul, Steele got the ball. Would be interested to see the replay for that one if I've missed something. But that happening so early puts the entire gameplan in the bin. Can't fault any of the players today given the circumstances, the officials were absolutely dreadful. Can someone explain why their keeper was not sent off? Is the linesman arguing the defender was covering? That seemed a bit of a stretch to me at the time but again, will see the highlights to judge.

Thought again Millar was excellent particularly out of position. Balde fantastic, the missed pen was poor but he's a really good signing. Hopefully Greig can put his arm round Healy, yes it was a bad mistake but he is a confirmed baller and he needs to keep his confidence up. I think there will be teams willing to take a punt on him soon enough. I moaned a bit about Shepherd last week but he put in some shift today and was key in the 2nd goal. The extra man they had killed us in the end, I felt it played a part in all 3 goals. We looked the better side by a fair bit even with 10 but eventually the players will tire or they will have an extra man somewhere.

Overall the past two weeks feel like 5 points dropped in all honesty. If we can cut out the individual errors we'll be fine for a play off spot. I'd still like to get Trouten off the wage bill and sign someone else to support Shepherd, we missed a penalty today with him off the pitch but other than that I am really struggling to see what he's contributing overall. Seems fairly anonymous. 

As an aside, not sure if it's always like that but can we please sort the tannoy/sound system. I am guessing it's run by volunteers which we're all thankful for but it's really a bit amateur, music constantly on and off and the sound blaring. Microphone constantly cutting out the entire time. The microphone was on during the minutes silence making a heck of a noise and there's a constant noise coming from the speaker behind K33 basically all the time.

How is that goalkeeper still on the park???
He’s the last man, forward straight through on goal and he wipes him out, this clown of a referee is making it up as he goes along!!!
There was a "double jeopardy" rule brought in a 5/6 years ago

The keeper made a genuine attempt to win the ball so it's only a yeallow

3 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:
3 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
That never looked a red in a million years to me.

Rovers player was through on goal East fife player fouled him straight red

I wasn't 100% sure it was a foul from where I was, so I've on idea how you can be so certain given your angle of the incident. 

I wasn't 100% sure it was a foul from where I was, so I've on idea how you can be so certain given your angle of the incident. 
Because he was running past the east fife player

The east fife player pulled him back,

A foul and as the rovers player had a clear goalscoring opportunity it's a red card

It was an obvious foul if you don't think it was a foul the only excuse is you either didn't see it or you didn't want to see it.

Not a very entertaining game in the first half but still full of talking points. First of all, the red card. I thought that Steele hooked the ball away (so first the ball then the man) but the ref saw this differently. The first EF goal was well worked, started and finished by Balde and EF looked comfortable thereafter even with being down to 10. Then the brain fart from Healy trying a stupid cross field pass which was easily intercepted by Reilly who went on to score.The defending for Albion’s 2 nd goal was also diabolical. 

Second half, EF started the better with Rovers seemingly content to sit in and wait for their chances. The  equalizer was also well worked and then the EF penalty shortly thereafter. With Trouten just having been subbed, a new penalty taker was required . It appeared that Mercer, the captain, was the designate but he threw the ball to Balde to enable him to complete a deserved hattrick.Nice sentiment but the wrong decision and the wrong time to be generous. Methinks that had the penalty been converted, then Albion would have had go chasing a goal leaving more opportunities open for EF.

The winner came from the last kick of the ball, you could sense the danger when Reilly got the ball in midfield, ran at the defenders,  being felled in the box, making it easy for the ref…a stone waller.

I said in one of my last posts that I had had the feeling that the standard of refereeing was improving but the ref that day had been very poor. Today’s ref was even worse than the others, yes he correctly blew for fouls , but others he left untouched, the red card very dubious, both penalties correct but the yellow card for their keeper at the penalty, at the time,  I thought red but with hindsight probably correct. But in general, a very sub standard performance from the trio in black.