The Famous Aberdeen v relatively well known Dundee United

13 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Very McInnessy win there.

Loved it - these 4s and 5s were interfering with my equilibrium.

United won’t go down - there’s obviously something missing there, but they looked a decent enough side tonight - possibly even more accomplished than they looked during the Tannadice rumping.

I think we needed a game like that, and all the plaudits go to the back three and keeper, who have correctly received criticism in certain games of late.

United definitely not the worst team to play at Pittodrie this season. They will not go down.

Duk is fast getting an unsavoury reputation. He had only one intention in the run and it was extremely daft from the Utd 'keeper. The fact that he was playing for a penalty meant he was going miles away from the goal. 

Duk is clearly an excellent player so feel he should try and cut that out.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Duk is fast getting an unsavoury reputation. He had only one intention in the run and it was extremely daft from the Utd 'keeper. The fact that he was playing for a penalty meant he was going miles away from the goal. 

His touch was awful. That’s what was taking him away from goal. 

5 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What? Cut out getting flattened by a crazy keeper?

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Fair enough if you refuse to see his antics. Seems to be working for now.

You might be right about Duk, but we have a player in Tony Watt who will go down if someone looks at him the wrong way so maybe we shouldn’t be too quick to criticise.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You might be right about Duk, but we have a player in Tony Watt who will go down if someone looks at him the wrong way so maybe we shouldn’t be too quick to criticise.

He should be criticised, as should Watt.  The difference being Duk has much more to offer.

It's a definite penalty.

Why our keeper has decided to charge out and end up bringing him down when the Aberdeen player is heading away from goal at an angle where he's unlikely to get a decent shot off with defenders closing him down instead of staying on his line or even forcing him wider is my issue.

I quite enjoyed that game tbh. Even though there wasn't much happening at the ends it was a decent quality scrap.

McGrath and Levitt were good for Utd in attack but that defence looks fragile. 

Thought Scales and Stewart were our best players. Decision making about when to tippy tappy out of defence, play a long ball or to just twat it anywhere was much better than it's been. Thought Ramadani had a good game and Kennedy was a better option than Richardson at wing back (faint praise). Miovski's play in the lead up to the pen was brilliant to watch- perfect pass. 

I too, really enjoyed the game.  Good atmosphere, without being overly hostile.  A big thank you to all the Pikey Jute Minkers Utd fans that I met on the trains, although rowdy, you were good fun!  I enjoyed your company.  I think it's how fans should be.

I agree with others, Utd looked pretty good to me, just a bit toothless up front.  If they do somehow conspire to go down, they'll be one of the better teams to have ever been relegated.

The problem they may have is that there is not much between most teams in the league, all of whom I think can play a bit of football.

HIVs are on a horrendous run, but I think they are pretty good.  I like both Livi and St Mingin, I've not been that impressed by Hearts (when I've seen them), but boy do they have a great team spirit.  Kilmarnock look to be the low hanging fruit, but it's Deek, so they'll be hard to beat and pick up a few unexpected results along the way.

Anyway good luck to Utd.

Yours

aDONis

18 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

It's a definite penalty.

Why our keeper has decided to charge out and end up bringing him down when the Aberdeen player is heading away from goal at an angle where he's unlikely to get a decent shot off with defenders closing him down instead of staying on his line or even forcing him wider is my issue.

Take a breath!