The Famous Aberdeen v relatively well known Dundee United

We didn't play well and were really under the cosh for most of that second half, but a couple of close-range chances for Fletcher and that time the ball got flashed low across goal was all United could come up with.  

1 minute ago, resk said:

We didn't play well and were really under the cosh for most of that second half, but a couple of close-range chances for Fletcher and that time the ball got flashed low across goal was all United could come up with.  

Aye, they were toothless. 
Did Roos have ANY saves to make? 
Their right back is even worse than ours . 
That’s some going. 

Fine margins in that one, but nice to get a clean sheet and go into the World Cup in third. United didn't create too much clear-cut for all their possession in the second half, although Fletcher had a couple of presentable chances and it only takes one to go in when the game is that close. Stewart did well, with the exception of a couple of his mandatory misplaced passes. McCrorie and Scales did fine too.

The penalty looked a stonewaller from the RDS, although it was obvious that was what Duk was going to do before he took the final touch so maybe a bit naïve from Birighitti to fall into the trap. 

8 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Did Roos have ANY saves to make? 

One fairly simple one from a Fletcher header, and he clawed away a cross in the first half that might have been on target.  That's all I can remember.  

A great win accompanied by a great crowd and other results going our way. 

Table looks decent for us considering we have back to back matches against the old firm after the WC.

Ramadani or Stewart were MOTM for me. A lot of what they do goes unnoticed. Miovski was one of the better performers and pleased he scored his penalty. I thought Duk was quiet today - not sure why he was given MOTM.

I thought Kennedy did ok. Was pleased to see him start ahead of Richardson. Terrible miss towards the end.

Frustrated again by Barron. He worked hard however he choice the wrong option throughtout the match, his shooting was poor and he kept giving the ball away - I thought he was our poorest player today. The problem is we haven't really got anyone on the bench who can come on and replace the midfield players. As a team, we looked very tired. Goodwin should have made his subs earlier on.

Dundee Utd are a stuffy team. They're a much better side than their league position states. Levitt looks far too good for this level. Also Anaku looks a good player however clearly a raw talent. 

A good 3 points for us. Todays results, collectively, kinda make up for Tuesday night.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Some strange takes on the game today. Someone went away “angry” because after smashing Livi for 60+ minutes and losing, we don’t play nearly as well today and get three points. Someone thinking Ramadani was our best player when I thought he was one of our worst. He doesn’t tackle, his passing, particularly ones over five yards, is atrocious, and he lacks aggression looking scared of physicality. Someone thinking that Barron was our worst player, when I thought he was one of our best. Continually chasing and harrying, I thought his passing was fine and he had a tremendous clearance from a corner or free kick, can’t remember which. Opinions, eh?

Looking at the season so far overall, we have to be happy with a clear 3rd by the break. It's easy to forget that it's almost total a new team apart from 2-3 of the regular starters (and Barron and Hayes have played nothing like all of the games), so to have gelled as well as they have so quickly is impressive and Goodwin deserves credit for that. As does the best run of home form (and general style of play) in a few years. At our level of buying power it was never going to be the case that all the new signings would work. A couple of new faces in certain areas in January and better away form and it could be a really decent season.

Very McInnessy win there.

Loved it - these 4s and 5s were interfering with my equilibrium.

United won’t go down - there’s obviously something missing there, but they looked a decent enough side tonight - possibly even more accomplished than they looked during the Tannadice rumping.

I think we needed a game like that, and all the plaudits go to the back three and keeper, who have correctly received criticism in certain games of late.