Season 5: Episode 7

Hullo! It's time for episode 7 - the final episode of 2022. 

Don't worry though, we'll be back after the winter break to cover the bumper second half to the season.

Watch tonight at 10:30pm on BBC Scotland, catch-up later on BBC iPlayer and let us know what you think about it on here. 

Tonight’s show looks like this: 

This Is The News 
- We look at the big stories from the last week and why they matter.

Club Shop
- Telfer hands out some early Christmas gifts as we take a look at what clubs are trying to sell to fans this winter. 

The World Cup - With Shaun Maloney 
- We are joined in the studio by special guest Shaun Maloney to preview the World Cup and some of the SPFL stars playing at it. We also hear about his time playing international football and gain insight on what it was like to coach some of the biggest stars at Belgium. 

Hold Me To It
- The panel make some bold predictions that we can hold them to when we return to screens in 2023.

The Banker
- We find out who is leading the table as we head into our winter break. 

In the 'Wee Films', we tell the story of the Ravenscraig Pioneers who played in the first Scotland vs England women's international at a time when women's football was banned by the Scottish FA, we meet 13-year -old Roddy and hear how Team United are helping him and others with autism thrive on the football pitch and we talk to Dundee United legend Paul Hegarty about his time with the club and their league winning 1982/83 season. 

So, what is the best item you've seen a club shop flogging this Christmas, which SPFL stars are you looking forward to watching at the World Cup and what predictions are you making for the next couple of months of Scottish football?

See you tonight!

DSCF1203.jpg

Do you like AVFTT?

I watch it. And I like it.

Shaun Maloney looks intense (it’s the eyes) but I like him. Like him, I want to see Brazil and Argentina do well and would love to see Messi storm it and win the World Cup. Skills on getting a replica World Cup. I need to get me one of those.

I also liked the story about the Scotland woman's team. There was a better article with them earlier at HT in the Accies v Ayr game. Rose Reilly can tell a story well.

Shame for the wee lad with dyspraxia. People should be kinder to folk who are a bit different. Good to hear there’s a league for folk with autism. 

Shaun jinxing poor Brechin.

What football strip was that yellow, blue and orange striped effort?

Congrats on the lone wolf trophy for Christmas. Hope it impresses people.

Shame the show is stopping for the World Cup. Hopefully Messi and Co can make up for the loss of AVFTT.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What an absolute disgrace that the SFA banned women's football and chucked so many obstacles in their way. All those responsibile are (probably were now I imagine) sad old c***s to a man.

Always heard about the SFA blazers but hadn’t realised quite how fusty it was.

The piece on the lad with dyspraxia and autism genuinely had me with a lump in my throat, as the father of an autistic child its so heartbreaking to see how they want me to be, but sadly are rarely accepted by others and treated the same as their peers.

Brilliant to see that football and the people who run that football group for autistic children are having such a positive effect on the boys life and the lives of all the kids involved, genuinely emotional watching that piece, so moving.