Celtic vs County 12/11/22

2 hours ago, silver said:

Thats 6 goals in 3 games for County, a big improvement from the start of the season.

Well done to the players and management for turning our season around in the past few weeks, real signs of improvement.

Decent tactics from the Staggies,putting Jordan White on Bernabei to get up the park plus defended well for most of the game.
Celtic lacking a bit  of creativity in the final 3rd,the stop start nature of the game helped by the ref made the game a tough watch.

10 hours ago, Lionsof67 said:

We. Never. Stop.

funny thing is if the ref leaves things alone it probably ends 0-0, all the penalty did was drive us on and up our tempo.

Yeah the crowd seemed quite flat up until this point also. The referee was terrible in general though, pedantic as f**k and disjointed the game horribly.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah the crowd seemed quite flat up until this point also. The referee was terrible in general though, pedantic as f**k and disjointed the game horribly.

I'm not sure it's deliberate from the ref but the flow and stop start nature of the game didn't help against the low block.
The goals we got were great one touch moves,Ange also said the 13 games was a big ask in a short period testing our squad.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm not sure it's deliberate from the ref but the flow and stop start nature of the game didn't help against the low block.
The goals we got were great one touch moves,Ange also said the 13 games was a big ask in a short period testing our squad.

I think he will calm down the rotation come the new year when we play 1 game a week more often and start to see a more settled side. Be interesting from his comments to see who leaves in January though.

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Crowds get pumped up by excitement and given the leagues over in November and you will probably win every home game until the end of the season I’d expect flat crowds will become the norm.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Crowds get pumped up by excitement and given the leagues over in November and you will probably win every home game until the end of the season I’d expect flat crowds will become the norm.

It all depends on the game for me tbh. Sometimes you have a dead rubber and all it takes is one incident such as a hard tackle or a bad foul to spring a game and crowd in to life, sometimes you just forget about the table and just focus on the game.

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think he will calm down the rotation come the new year when we play 1 game a week more often and start to see a more settled side. Be interesting from his comments to see who leaves in January though.

It gets overlooked by the diddies on here,Celtic playing 4 more games than county in the same time period, it's the reason we have a big squad.
Celtic's best 11 duznae exist for me, any Celtic fan trying to pick a best 11 from that squad is impossible M8.

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It all depends on the game for me tbh. Sometimes you have a dead rubber and all it takes is one incident such as a hard tackle or a bad foul to spring a game and crowd in to life, sometimes you just forget about the table and just focus on the game.

Fair enough, totally get that but the reality is that every home game until the end of the season is now a dead rubber.

I can see you finishing 20 clear of 2nd and perhaps as much as 40 clear of 3rd.

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That was a big jump from the point being made wee man,winning the league is all about consistency.
Each game is different and throws up all sorts of exciting moments we live for the moments M8.

33 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It gets overlooked by the diddies on here,Celtic playing 4 more games than county in the same time period, it's the reason we have a big squad.
Celtic's best 11 duznae exist for me, any Celtic fan trying to pick a best 11 from that squad is impossible M8.

Would agree would struggle to name my best 11, there’s about 5 certs and the rest would change with the wind. 

30 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair enough, totally get that but the reality is that every home game until the end of the season is now a dead rubber.

As much as I am delighted with the gap bigger ones have been overcame in the past so wouldn’t call the games dead rubbers yet. Having said that Sevco have fucked themselves holding on to players for too long so don’t really have much chance in the January transfer market to change things around with no real saleable assets.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

There was a 9 point swing in our favour last Jan/Feb when all signs were pointing to Rangers winning the league. They bin GVB now, get players fit and give a new guy this month to work with them and recruit in Jan then who knows. How likely that is I don’t know but what no one at Celtic including fans should get complacent

Edited by Jinky67