Hearts v Livi

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, you've not quoted any actual stats, but your overall take on the game is in similar vein. "If you'd scored first", "could have won by 2 or 3", "Livi could have left with nothing".

It's true. Fitba matches are things that change. Teams have spells in and out of the game. Livi's good spell in the second half doesn't negate the fact that Hearts were well on top in the first half and could have won quite convincingly,

I object to simplistic views of fitba. This includes people who think they can use bare stats to prove anything about how a match was played in terms of quality. Looking at it and saying 'Livi were ahead late on, so they were the better team' is simplistic nonsense.

As a 90 minutes, a draw was probably right. Or do we just write off the part of the game where Hearts were on top, missed a great chance, and should have had a penalty? Not to mention the fact that Livi were very lucky not to concede in the second half before they did. Hearts hit the bar, had shots cleared off the line, missed an absolute sitter over the bar.

As I said previously, we weren't far away from any of the three available results. It doesn't take much of a tweak for either side to win.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Well, aye. Because football matches are things that ebb and flow and change with events.

If Shankland scores his early chance, you probably get nothing from the match. That's fitba.

I think the result was about right. I'm just amused by this 'TELL US WE SHOULD HAVE WON, SHOULDN'T WE, SHOULDN'T WE, SHOULDN'T WE!!!!'

It's like a support lifted right out the school playground all excited about a result and wanting everyone to tell you how great you are. In reality, it was just a tight game where any of the three possible results could have happened with no real complaints. I think anyone viewing it would have agreed Hearts would have been a bit hard done-by to not get something from it.

BUT YOU LADS WERE AMAZING! INCREDIBLE!

Happy now?

Ha ha ha.

Are you really that stupid? Oh wait…yes you are! 

Shankland didn’t score his early chance…Stephen Kelly did! Nouble should’ve won 2 penalties (1 not given) and your only goal would’ve been disallowed by any competent ref/VAR official. Livingston fans rightly feel hard done by. They scored the only legal goal of the game and through bed refereeing/unfair play were unlucky not to have another 2. Hearts can have no complaints…you got away with one on Saturday big time. 

43 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

VAR checked the goal. It deemed them not fouls which is correct. One on Nouble there's contact, but it's a contact sport, he's not impeded him. And the handball was accidental so it doesn't get cut off in an attacking move unless it's the goalscorer.

I know you’re a hearts man…but even you don’t believe this.

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure how you can believe that Nouble wasn't impeded as he could barely stay on his feet after the foul.

Was the legal shoulder charge even in the box? I genuinely don't know as I've only seen it once and it looked just outside the box before Nouble stumbled on for about 10 yards.

14 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

I know you’re a hearts man…but even you don’t believe this.

Yes I do. The handball one is the rule. 

The one on Nouble even Martindale says sometimes you get them sometimes you don't. I honestly don't think its a foul. None of the pundits on sportscene thought it was a foul either.

Considering there are Livi fans on here claiming the goalie on Devlin wasn't a foul though it's unlikely we'll agree tbf.

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's neither a foul nor in the box. Apart from that, it's a clear pen.

I've just watched the incident on Sportscene.

Shoulder to shoulder, well outside the box. 😄

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I've just watched the incident on Sportscene.

Shoulder to shoulder, well outside the box. 😄

Aye. It's just classic fitba supporter stuff. All fanbases do it, but a few months from now Livi fans will be moaning about the time Sibbick went in two footed and high right in front of goal for a clear pen, but the ref never gave it and Hearts went up the park and equalised with the last kick having not had a single chance before that. Livi should have been at least 4-0 up.

It's just the way it is. The fact it wasn't a foul, wasn't inside the box, and came at the end of an even game doesn't really matter. They'll have their own wee story, and it's best just leaving them to it.

14 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I suppose that means you're convinced it was a foul in the box.  I'm going to have to watch it again to see what's upsetting you.

I think you've possibly confused me trying to correct your erroneous post, with me being all snotters and tears.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Hearts fans doing the "Dave Cormack" more and more these days. More possession, more shots, more shots on target, but not winning. 

This is neither a good read of this thread nor of our season so far. I've not seen anyone citing possession or shots and, if anything, we've been grinding out results in the face of significant headwinds this season (many self-generated, like red cards or soft concessions). There have probably been more games where we've sneaked an unlikely-looking result than the reverse.

Against non-OF teams we've averaged 1.9 PPG so far, which is the same as last season. The equivalent number for Aberdeen at the time of Cormack's Sportsound appearance was 1.0 PPG, i.e. relegation form. No comparison.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

I suppose that means you're convinced it was a foul in the box.  I'm going to have to watch it again to see what's upsetting you.

No need to watch anything! It’s the fact they didn’t do enough when the JTs was fighting on two fronts.The  Sheep are weekly digging hearts threads because they know now we are only fighting on one front it’s game over for third! 🐑 

5 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

No need to watch anything! It’s the fact they didn’t do enough when the JTs was fighting on two fronts.The  Sheep are weekly digging hearts threads because they know now we are only fighting on one front it’s game over for third! 🐑 

Everyone knows that Hearts have third place sewn up. The battle for fourth is on.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Everyone knows that Hearts have third place sewn up. The battle for fourth is on.

I wouldn't write off Big Spending Aberdeen yet.

You have to worry about their future if they don't make it though. Tiny crowds, crumbling stadium, gambled big on handing a manager who thinks that beard is a good idea a huge transfer budget...

I fear for them, I really do.

17 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I wouldn't write off Big Spending Aberdeen yet.

You have to worry about their future if they don't make it though. Tiny crowds, crumbling stadium, gambled big on handing a manager who thinks that beard is a good idea a huge transfer budget...

I fear for them, I really do.

It's only a matter of time until we follow Hearts down the Administration path. But Hearts have no competition for third again this season, apart from Rangers.