Hearts v Livi

9 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Oh aye, I'm not saying for a moment that Livi didn't have a decent amount of very good chances of their own, probably more than we had, in fact - I just thought it was mental we did nothing of note from about the 20th minute until the sending off and then had several very good chances when we were down to ten men.

Aye i think you going down to 10 men maybe helped open the game up a bit more, with us having the man advantage we were being more adventurous in attack.

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Liam Kelly scoring 2 from 4 penalties for us is fantastic though....considering he plays in goals for Motherwell emoji1787.png

Fucksake, i keep saying Liam instead of Sean.:oops

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can only think of one time Hearts really tested Ivan, the double save and then block Holt made near the end, Gordon made quite a few good saves throughout the game, even in the first half when Hearts were the better team he made a few.  Overall i think we tested Gordon more with shots on target that were good efforts on goal, and one that beat him, and another was cleared off the line............not to mention the pen he saved/we missed.

I wasn't suggesting Gordon never made better saves, but we had one shot less on target and Konovalov made the double save at the end, as well as a good stop in the first half from Shankland. You can't say the only time we looked like scoring that your keeper kept us out as if they weren't valid chances because they were saved though, which was the implication. Your goalie made good saves at vital times as did ours. And overall we made enough good chances that we deserved something out the game IMO.

33 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I wasn't suggesting Gordon never made better saves, but we had one shot less on target and Konovalov made the double save at the end, as well as a good stop in the first half from Shankland. You can't say the only time we looked like scoring that your keeper kept us out as if they weren't valid chances because they were saved though, which was the implication. Your goalie made good saves at vital times as did ours. And overall we made enough good chances that we deserved something out the game IMO.

If we'd scored when on top in the first half, we'd have won by 2 or 3, imo. Shankland's miss was poor, and once Livi settled into the game they were able to work their gameplan.

But to suggest Hearts didn't deserve anything from the game is childish. Livi could easily have left with nothing.

14 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Dunno i can't remember Ivan having to make as many 'good saves' as Gordon, just because it's a shot on target doesn't mean it seriously troubled our keeper. 

However maybe if you'd equalised a bit earlier i'd concede you deserved something, but it was gutting drawing with only a few seconds from FT. 

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

If we'd scored when on top in the first half, we'd have won by 2 or 3, imo. Shankland's miss was poor, and once Livi settled into the game they were able to work their gameplan.

But to suggest Hearts didn't deserve anything from the game is childish. Livi could easily have left with nothing.

Only we were 1-0 up and playing against 10 men and also had a pen, yeah we could easily have left with nothing had you did things you didn't manage to do, what a lot of gibberish nonsense.🤣

Btw although you were on top in the first half, we still had several good efforts on your goal that Gordon had to make good saves keeping out, if you want to play the what iffs game. Bottom line is though it was us that scored and looking the better team to take all 3pts, however Hearts managed to get a last ditch equaliser, whether you deserved it or not doesn't really matter now, but it'll have felt a better draw to Hearts than Livi with how the game played out.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno i can't remember Ivan having to make as many 'good saves' as Gordon, just because it's a shot on target doesn't mean it seriously troubled our keeper. 

However maybe if you'd equalised a bit earlier i'd concede you deserved something, but it was gutting drawing with only a few seconds from FT. 

None of that has anything to do with the initial point I was making. You can't dismiss your keepers saves as almost irrelevant while then trying to claim Gordon's saves stopped you winning which is what the poster was insinuating.

Also, I agree shots on target don't mean your keeper was troubled, but equally we made a lot of good chances that were not far away. They are still good chances.

I get it's a sore one with how late it was, but it doesn't change the fact that on the overall play we created just as much, if not more, than Livingston.  So we deserved a point on the balance of play.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Only we were 1-0 up and playing against 10 men and also had a pen, yeah we could easily have left with nothing had you did things you didn't manage to do, what a lot of gibberish nonsense.🤣

Btw although you were on top in the first half, we still had several good efforts on your goal that Gordon had to make good saves keeping out, if you want to play the what iffs game. Bottom line is though it was us that scored and looking the better team to take all 3pts, however Hearts managed to get a last ditch equaliser, whether you deserved it or not doesn't really matter now, but it'll have felt a better draw to Hearts than Livi with how the game played out.

As I asked yesterday.

Why do all the Livi fans on this site come across as if they're 11 years old?

Honestly, just absolute bairns. 😀

And yet Hearts only got something due to inept VAR officials not spotting a foul on Nouble and a handball by Forrest in the build up to your goal.

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

And yet Hearts only got something due to inept VAR officials not spotting a foul on Nouble and a handball by Forrest in the build up to your goal.

Well, aye. Because football matches are things that ebb and flow and change with events.

If Shankland scores his early chance, you probably get nothing from the match. That's fitba.

I think the result was about right. I'm just amused by this 'TELL US WE SHOULD HAVE WON, SHOULDN'T WE, SHOULDN'T WE, SHOULDN'T WE!!!!'

It's like a support lifted right out the school playground all excited about a result and wanting everyone to tell you how great you are. In reality, it was just a tight game where any of the three possible results could have happened with no real complaints. I think anyone viewing it would have agreed Hearts would have been a bit hard done-by to not get something from it.

BUT YOU LADS WERE AMAZING! INCREDIBLE!

Happy now?

Well, aye. Because football matches are things that ebb and flow and change with events.
If Shankland scores his early chance, you probably get nothing from the match. That's fitba.
I think the result was about right. I'm just amused by this 'TELL US WE SHOULD HAVE WON, SHOULDN'T WE, SHOULDN'T WE, SHOULDN'T WE!!!!'
It's like a support lifted right out the school playground all excited about a result and wanting everyone to tell you how great you are. In reality, it was just a tight game where any of the three possible results could have happened with no real complaints. I think anyone viewing it would have agreed Hearts would have been a bit hard done-by to not get something from it.
Happy now?
You're a very angry person aren't you?

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:
Happy now?

You're a very angry person aren't you?

😀

43 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

VAR checked the goal. It deemed them not fouls which is correct. One on Nouble there's contact, but it's a contact sport, he's not impeded him. And the handball was accidental so it doesn't get cut off in an attacking move unless it's the goalscorer.

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

VAR checked the goal. It deemed them not fouls which is correct. One on Nouble there's contact, but it's a contact sport, he's not impeded him. And the handball was accidental so it doesn't get cut off in an attacking move unless it's the goalscorer.

Not sure how you can believe that Nouble wasn't impeded as he could barely stay on his feet after the foul.

16 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

You're wasting your time. The only acceptable response is that Livi wiped the floor with us. We just have to accept that.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You're wasting your time. The only acceptable response is that Livi wiped the floor with us. We just have to accept that.

Hearts fans doing the "Dave Cormack" more and more these days. More possession, more shots, more shots on target, but not winning. 

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

The day I fret about stats in a game of fitba is the day I pack the whole thing in.

Ok, you've not quoted any actual stats, but your overall take on the game is in similar vein. "If you'd scored first", "could have won by 2 or 3", "Livi could have left with nothing".