Hearts v Livi

16 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Why do all the Livi fans on this site come across as if they're 11 years old?

😀

TBF, I think they've been pretty sensible so far, except for this guy. Obviously see things differently to Jambos when it comes to key decisions, but basically one of the better supports on here.

3 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

Second half we had a bit more influence, with Omeonga essentially manmarking Snodgrass out of the game.

Said exactly that to the bloke sitting beside me - that switch made all the difference to the balance of play second half. I was hoping Omeonga'd chuck himself into another foul or two and get a red card, tbh, because we really missed Snodgrass's influence.

35 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Said exactly that to the bloke sitting beside me - that switch made all the difference to the balance of play second half. I was hoping Omeonga'd chuck himself into another foul or two and get a red card, tbh, because we really missed Snodgrass's influence.

Omeonga done well, but Robbie basically hung Snodgrass out to dry in the middle. Sacrificed Devlin early and after the red took Smith off so he was effectively a one man central midfield. Makes it a lot easier to control when he's literally the only option they have to worry about.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Omeonga done well, but Robbie basically hung Snodgrass out to dry in the middle. Sacrificed Devlin early and after the red took Smith off so he was effectively a one man central midfield. Makes it a lot easier to control when he's literally the only option they have to worry about.

You’d think the solution would be, if playing 3 at the back, to make Keo(?) sit near the defence, let Devlin go box to box and play Snodgrass off Shankland. Granted Neilson was unlucky in that he brought on Smith only for the red card to scrap that idea 

48 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

TBF, I think they've been pretty sensible so far, except for this guy. Obviously see things differently to Jambos when it comes to key decisions, but basically one of the better supports on here.

The JD guy is a bit of a spam poster anyway, pretty sure he went through a phase of pretending to punt African commercial deals to the club

5 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

You’d think the solution would be, if playing 3 at the back, to make Keo(?) sit near the defence, let Devlin go box to box and play Snodgrass off Shankland. Granted Neilson was unlucky in that he brought on Smith only for the red card to scrap that idea 

Seen this mentioned a few times on here but we weren't 3 at the back yesterday. It was Smith, Sibbick, Rowles and Cochrane in a 4.

Was a 4-1-4-1 until the 2nd half.

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Nothing in my post which doesn’t make sense. 3 blatant fouls in the run up to your goal. Your rabble were extremely lucky to get anything yesterday. I’m extremely confident we’ll finish above you again. Better manager and better team. 

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

"The only time our keeper was tested he kept yous out".

Same logic doesn't apply to Craig Gordon clearly.

Can only think of one time Hearts really tested Ivan, the double save and then block Holt made near the end, Gordon made quite a few good saves throughout the game, even in the first half when Hearts were the better team he made a few.  Overall i think we tested Gordon more with shots on target that were good efforts on goal, and one that beat him, and another was cleared off the line............not to mention the pen he saved/we missed.

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Can't deny Livi were good second half and created some decent chances - bit mental, though, that Hearts could, and really should, have had three after we went down to ten men, given we'd done pretty much nowt for the preceding hour.

Tell you what though, I'm coming to love listening to Martindale speak about football - sensible guy, talks tons of sense, fair in his summaries of matches, and clearly can't be arsed with bullshit of any sort.

Some wild efforts at our goal you should've done better with but i think you only had one really good sequence of efforts, the double save Ivan made with Holt also blocking a 3rd attempt on it.

Yeah Martindale does seem pretty fair and level headed post match on his comments. Doesn't moan too much about VAR either, even the Devlin non red card tackle, he was mystified how VAR could ignore it, but didn't get hysterical over it.

Find it strange anyone thinking it could've gone either way though, maybe before the game kicked off, and up till we scored, but not after we scored. When we were a goal up and had a penalty, there was only one way it should've gone at that point. Then Hearts getting an equaliser in the final 14 seconds of the game, and the way Neilson celebrated the draw, tells you it was a point gained by Hearts and 2 dropped by Livi. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

58 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Some wild efforts at our goal you should've done better with but i think you only had one really good sequence of efforts, the double save Ivan made with Holt also blocking a 3rd attempt on it.

There was that one, the actual goal, plus the one Ginelly skied over the bar when all he had to do was knock it into a basically empty net (though I'm in the main stand and haven't seen replays, so it's possible that was less clear cut than it looked to me).

3 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

Given that Devlin wasn’t even supposed to be starting it’s reasonable to suggest that he wasn’t operating at 100%

5 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Why do all the Livi fans on this site come across as if they're 11 years old?

😀

The guy is a troll account, I don't think it's even a Livi fan. Pretty sure it's one of the guy's 5 accounts, one was him pretending he was an agent with an inline to Martindale :D 

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

There was that one, the actual goal, plus the one Ginelly skied over the bar when all he had to do was knock it into a basically empty net (though I'm in the main stand and haven't seen replays, so it's possible that was less clear cut than it looked to me).

Yeah i was more meaning shots on target that the keepers had to save, you also hit the bar but again it wasn't on target that Ivan had to save from going in the net. Craig Gordon made quite a few good saves that were going into your net, one with his legs from Stephen Kelly at the post, one from Fitzwater heading into the net he tipped over, the pen from our other Kelly, there were a few more too. 

On the pen claims, I'd say the nudge on Nouble in the box before the ball went up to Forrest was similar to the push Devlin got away with in our box when a MacKay? was knocked off balance. Both were knocked off balance but tried to stay on their feet, if either had went straight down on the deck it might've got a VAR review.

Think Shinnie's hand ball was with his arms bent in front of his body and it hit his elbow, if they'd been out from his body or his hands up above his head i could've seen a pen being given.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah i was more meaning shots on target that the keepers had to save, you also hit the bar but again it wasn't on target that Ivan had to save from going in the net. Craig Gordon made quite a few good saves that were going into your net, one with his legs from Stephen Kelly at the post, one from Fitzwater heading into the net he tipped over, the pen from our other Kelly, there were a few more too. 

Oh aye, I'm not saying for a moment that Livi didn't have a decent amount of very good chances of their own, probably more than we had, in fact - I just thought it was mental we did nothing of note from about the 20th minute until the sending off and then had several very good chances when we were down to ten men.

18 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

So much chat about Sean Kelly missing a penalty, bad tackles missed, handballs missed but how good was wee Stephen Kelly's goal? What a classy wee player he is

Yeah it was a wonderful strike, it isn't easy beating Craig Gordon, and young Kelly gave him no chance with that shot. Wouldn't mind seeing him getting on the pen kicks, bit of pressure for a young player but he can def hit a good shot. Can't be any worse than Liam anyway, 2 misses and 2 goals from 4 pens, you want a better percentage going in than that.

Looks another cracking signing for us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Yeah it was a wonderful strike, it isn't easy beating Craig Gordon, and young Kelly gave him no chance with that shot. Wouldn't mind seeing him getting on the pen kicks, bit of pressure for a young player but he can def hit a good shot. Can't be any worse than Liam anyway, 2 misses and 2 goals from 4 pens, you want a better percentage going in than that.
Looks another cracking signing for us.
Liam Kelly scoring 2 from 4 penalties for us is fantastic though....considering he plays in goals for Motherwell [emoji1787]