Hearts v Livi

Really enjoyable game for a neutral, as a Hearts fan I'm frustrated and dissapointed in how we played today, I felt our tempo wasn't quick enough from the start and we were lacking that quality in the final 3rd, Fair play to Livi though, they are a really good side and I honestly think they will be challenging again for the top six this season, I would take both Nouble and Nicky Devlin at Hearts.

I must say the referee wasn't the best today for either team though and I felt at times he and the VAR team were taking far too long to check things over and make decisions, I felt they got the most important ones right though but took far too long to make the calls.

All in all I think it's a good point for us all things considered but I think we need to use this break to reset, get most of our players fit and ready to go again Come December 18th and it's absolutely crucial that we win the first two games at home after the break, if we do that I'm confident we will be sitting 3rd at the turn of the year and then we need to bring in 2 or 3 real quality signings in January and kick on from there.

Edited by RudiSkacel51

15 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Really enjoyable game for a neutral

I'm not a neutral either obviously but I've enjoyed recent matches between the sides. Martindale and Neilson are both very adept tactically so I've loved seeing the "chess match" aspect play out.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Don't know how VAR caught the tug on Nouble but not the blatant handball in the first half. Then remembered Beaton is the VAR ref today and everything makes sense.

Bigger question is how the ref and Lino missed the foul on Nouble. It was clear as day. I’ll look out for the handball one you mentioned on Sportscene - I can’t remember the incident. The whole VAR thing is a shambles though. We must have wasted more than 10 mins today watching the ref with a finger to his earpiece!

18 minutes ago, woolf said:

Been really impressed with Livingston,were outstanding a few weeks ago and were robbed today.Martindale is doing some fkn job.

Well I thought they were a bit shit at the time but then again if you give them credit for blunting hearts as opposed to getting angry at hearts for being blunt then maybe you’ve got a point

The silver lining is that we’ve now responded effectively to going down to 10 men twice in quick succession 

After quibbling about whether our best formation was a 5-3-2 or 4-1-3-2 or whatever it appears that the answer may have been a 4-3-2 all along 

Thought we were not bad first half but never made our play count. 2nd half we were terrible for the most part. 

Livi took their goal really well and then we had no idea how to break them down. 

However, that's 2 weeks in a row we've shown really good character when down to 10. Could easily have crumbled but instead we dug in, saved a penalty and got a great equaliser right at the death. Got to take the positives out of it and move on. 

We really need the break, so it's good to get to it and hopefully can kick on afterwards.

Thought Livingston were good today. Their organisation and workmate are good, but they are also really incisive when they break. That said, on the balance of play on the whole 90 we deserved a point out of it. We made a lot of pretty clear cut chances. 

Thought the ref was shite. Let nothing flow and basically allowed VAR to ref the game yet still managed to get major calls wrong. We should've had a penalty at 0-0 and Cochrane was a lucky boy to stay on the park.

34 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well I thought they were a bit shit at the time but then again if you give them credit for blunting hearts as opposed to getting angry at hearts for being blunt then maybe you’ve got a point

The silver lining is that we’ve now responded effectively to going down to 10 men twice in quick succession 

After quibbling about whether our best formation was a 5-3-2 or 4-1-3-2 or whatever it appears that the answer may have been a 4-3-2 all along 

Dunno what game you were watching, we created quite a lot of chances in the 2nd half, missed a pen too, Bahamboula made a big difference coming on too, pity we didn't bring Anderson on as well though. 

Looking at the tacke on Devlin on bbc alba, dunno why that wasn't at least a yellow and a foul to us, might've even been a red card, wiped Devlin out and looked like he got studs up his ankle too. VAR did't think it merited the ref going for a look though, will be interesting what the sportscene punters think of it.

Gutting to lose a goal so late in the game with only about 15 seconds left, draws always feel like defeats when that happens, but 7 pts from our last 3 games is a very decent haul, and i'd have taken a point before the game.

32 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno what game you were watching, we created quite a lot of chances in the 2nd half, missed a pen too, Bahamboula made a big difference coming on too, pity we didn't bring Anderson on as well though. 

Looking at the tacke on Devlin on bbc alba, dunno why that wasn't at least a yellow and a foul to us, might've even been a red card, wiped Devlin out and looked like he got studs up his ankle too. VAR did't think it merited the ref going for a look though, will be interesting what the sportscene punters think of it.

Gutting to lose a goal so late in the game with only about 15 seconds left, draws always feel like defeats when that happens, but 7 pts from our last 3 games is a very decent haul, and i'd have taken a point before the game.

Well I’m obviously not qualified to give an objective opinion on how good Livingston were compared to Hearts but I’m fairly confident in my assessment that they didn’t look as good as Motherwell did last weekend 

but the point was that it’s easy to focus on the failings in your own teams performance without giving credit to the efforts of the opponents to bring those failings about. 

Livingston have scored the 3rd fewest goals but also conceded the 3rd fewest and I now understand why.

It’s not pretty but it doesn’t matter

Martindale singled out Konovalov for praise in his after-match interview. I hope a way can be found to secure Konovalov longer term as back-up to George because he seems a very solid and reliable keeper.

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well I’m obviously not qualified to give an objective opinion on how good Livingston were compared to Hearts but I’m fairly confident in my assessment that they didn’t look as good as Motherwell did last weekend 

but the point was that it’s easy to focus on the failings in your own teams performance without giving credit to the efforts of the opponents to bring those failings about. 

Livingston have scored the 3rd fewest goals but also conceded the 3rd fewest and I now understand why.

It’s not pretty but it doesn’t matter

Yeah it certainly is for you anyway, like i said, we created enough to win the game, and should have done with Kelly's pen. Good 2nd half for us after we contained Hearts in the 1st half, but you don't seem able to see the difference.

9 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Martindale singled out Konovalov for praise in his after-match interview. I hope a way can be found to secure Konovalov longer term as back-up to George because he seems a very solid and reliable keeper.

Yeah he had a solid game, good long kicks too, and clearances out of his box when punching the ball. Might've done a bit better with their goal, looks too low going for it, but Obileye should've sent it into the stands with his clearance. Would feel pretty comfortable with Ivan in goals if Shamal is injured anyway.