Hearts v Livi

Yet another sold out Tynecastle Park tomorrow.

Aside from the cash, which is great, a big crowd really adds to the occasion when you get a good game. Last week against Motherwell was a tremendous day at Tynecastle, and a big crowd added to that hugely. Including the good support Motherwell brought.

Unthinkable 15 years or so when those games might see a 9-10,000 crowd that we'd have a sold out Tynecastle for Motherwell at home on a November Sunday to see two teams in mid-table. It's remarkable when you think about it.

Aye, players looked fecked 2nd half against Aberdeen, so a few changes will prob be made, and Shamal isn't likely to be playing in this game either with him carrying an injury, preventing him taking goal kicks, so i'd def take a point here and go into the break with a positive result. 

Montano and Bahamboula could be out too with both taking knocks in the Aberdeen game, so not even going to attempt to guess Martindale's starting XI here. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Last Sunday I thought I’d casually log in & get a ticket for the Motherwell  game. Sold out! Put a post up on JKB asking if the exchange was open (it wasn’t) a fellow jambo offered me a free seat in premium ( bought them a round in the PR bar) it was that good I bought a PR one for the Livi game 🍺  ⚽️. 

3 points please & the meadowbank fc sent skulking back along the m8👍

Big game. Any kind of win will do.

Key deciding factors for me:

- Can Snodgrass play 3x 90 minutes in a week? I was surprised he didn't get more of a rest on Wednesday, especially having played most of the Motherwell game a man light in midfield.

- How hungry is Devlin going to be? Busting a gut to make an impression ahead of the World Cup or a bit tentative about picking up another injury? He's also started all three games since last Thursday.

- Are there enough goals in the team? Probably yes at the moment, but we've been heavily reliant on a couple of players. Since the start of October we've scored 14 goals but they've been shared among 4 players, one of whom is injured. Any kind of win will do but it'd be nice for someone other than Shankland or Halliday to get on the scoresheet.

- How will Sibbick handle Nouble? "Not well" was the answer in the last game but he's playing much better now and his 1v1 defending has been very good.

I'd have liked to have freshened it up a bit for this but, looking at the current bench, I don't think we have that option. My team assuming no more of the injured players are back and no fresh injuries:

Gordon

Atkinson Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Snodgrass Halliday

Ginnelly Shankland McKay

Anyone know if the Livi end is sold out? I live a stones throw from Tynecastle but the only info I’ve seen re tickets is that I can’t buy them on day. Last minute availability for me.

Would take a point for sure!

Edited by crispy

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

- Can Snodgrass play 3x 90 minutes in a week? I was surprised he didn't get more of a rest on Wednesday, especially having played most of the Motherwell game a man light in midfield.

- How hungry is Devlin going to be? Busting a gut to make an impression ahead of the World Cup or a bit tentative about picking up another injury? He's also started all three games since last Thursday.

- Are there enough goals in the team? Probably yes at the moment, but we've been heavily reliant on a couple of players. Since the start of October we've scored 14 goals but they've been shared among 4 players, one of whom is injured. Any kind of win will do but it'd be nice for someone other than Shankland or Halliday to get on the scoresheet.

- How will Sibbick handle Nouble? "Not well" was the answer in the last game but he's playing much better now and his 1v1 defending has been very good.

I'd have liked to have freshened it up a bit for this but, looking at the current bench, I don't think we have that option. My team assuming no more of the injured players are back and no fresh injuries:

Gordon

Ginnelly Shankland McKay

I'd go with that exact team. Share your slight concern about Devlin's mental approach, but we'll see.

Not really concerned about Snodgrass, as I think knowing it's his last game for a few weeks will make it fine to just push through. He's been absolutely cruising it and can get a good rest after this one.

2 hours ago, crispy said:

Anyone know if the Livi end is sold out? I live a stones throw from Tynecastle but the only info I’ve seen re tickets is that I can’t buy them on day.

No, this is the ridiculous ticketing policy shared by a number of teams in the league rather than offering an option to buy online. Only option is to pick up from the stadium or to phone the club enough in advance where they may mail you the tickets. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

6 hours ago, DC92 said:

Gordon

Ginnelly Shankland McKay

Would probably go with that team with the exception of Kio in for Halliday. He's quite clearly been playing with knocks and ends every game looking absolutely shagged. After watching them on Wednesday I think he's more likely to be needing a break than Snoddy.

That said, the temptation might be to ask the players to go one more time safe in the knowledge they'll all get a good break.

5 hours ago, JD and associates said:

We absolutely thrashed hearts earlier in the season. 1 nil but probably our most comfortable win of the season. Can see us with another 1 nil here. Martindale will have a plan for this mob. 

We were miles off it that day and lucky it was 1. However we have a few players back since then and are far less likely to make changes trying to rest players.

Not that I think it'll be easy, will be a very tough game, but would be surprised if we are anywhere near as poor as that again.

If we start well again and score first i reckon we'll take something from the game, we've been pretty good at grinding out 1 goal wins this season too. VAR is going to be a concern though, for hand balls in the box, that's a bit of a wild card, but who knows which team will benefit the most from it.

53 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Would probably go with that team with the exception of Kio in for Halliday. He's quite clearly been playing with knocks and ends every game looking absolutely shagged. After watching them on Wednesday I think he's more likely to be needing a break than Snoddy.

That said, the temptation might be to ask the players to go one more time safe in the knowledge they'll all get a good break.

The team selection is obviously fitness-dependent and I would like to freshen it up but my concern with a Devlin-Kio-Snodgrass midfield is the lack of goals. Shankland would be the only player in the front 6 to have scored in the last 3 months.

I've given up on Devlin adding goals to his game but hopefully Snodgrass, Gino and McKay can start chipping in a bit more.

10 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The team selection is obviously fitness-dependent and I would like to freshen it up but my concern with a Devlin-Kio-Snodgrass midfield is the lack of goals. Shankland would be the only player in the front 6 to have scored in the last 3 months.

I've given up on Devlin adding goals to his game but hopefully Snodgrass, Gino and McKay can start chipping in a bit more.

Yeah I get that, but either midfield should give us enough of a bsse to create chances. Gino and McKay are capable of scoring as well and you can maybe allow Snodgrass to get a bit further forward.

But yeah, I understand the concern. 

20 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If we start well again and score first i reckon we'll take something from the game, we've been pretty good at grinding out 1 goal wins this season too. VAR is going to be a concern though, for hand balls in the box, that's a bit of a wild card, but who knows which team will benefit the most from it.

Already seen Hearts squealing for a penalty every time the ball comes off a player.  It's ridiculous and is going to get very tiresome.