Best hospitality experience in Scottish Premiership?

Looking through this again, I'm recalling 'accidentally' finding myself in a hospitality type setting at Fir Park around 30 years ago, last game of the season (Well v United). This was right at the end of the game, two of us had spent the game in the Fir Park Social Club, and went up some stairs into a lounge under the right hand side of the Main Stand. 

I've no idea what was happening, the place looked like a bar of some kind, and we were flung out after about 15 minutes and one drink. The only other thing I remember is that it was very sunny.

On 14/11/2022 at 23:43, Kapowzer said:

I also have no desire to be around gobshite double glazing salesmen or gallus fuckbois in tight suits only there due to working for their uncles roofing company.

This is my problem with it. It's a crowd by numbers. Similar to these sportsman's dinners. Got invited to one of them a while back and me and my mate snuck out after the main course to go to the pub round the corner to escape. Full of young lads who work in sales or a call centre but put a suit on and think they're in the mafia. And also had the obligatory local businessmen walking round with the gravitas of government ministers. I can't be around that.

Also, ex-fitba players are not nearly as interesting to be around as some people think.

Some people enjoy these things, fine. It just gives me the massive cringe. I accept this is my problem.

On 14/11/2022 at 23:43, Kapowzer said:

gobshite double glazing salesmen or gallus fuckbois in tight suits only there due to working for their uncles roofing company

I have attended loads of hospitality over the years (some as an invitee, lots as a host in a previous life), and the one thing that jumps out is that there are people who - having not paid for an expensive day out themselves -  turn instant c**t.

Non exhaustive list - 

Guys stealing bottles of spirits from the free bar (York Racecourse) as 6 hours solid bevvy wasnt enough...............

People having a stand up fight and getting flung off a train (York again, different year) as they cant handle their drink.

Uninvited people turning up instead of the right person (their boss decided last minute not to go and just gave some random office wanks his tickets) (Edgebaston), they didnt want to watch sport, stayed in the bar, got steaming, abused the bar staff and were chucked by security.

Salesmen asking if we could set them up with the hookers that hang round the nightclub (The Belfry) after having a few too many champagnes.

People simply not turning up with no notice (Wimbledon) (various rugby)  because it wasnt the specific players or country that they wanted to see.....................

One guy didnt go to the races one time as "he only travelled that far by helicopter" and someone else had done that for him at Silverstone 😂.

Too many incidents to list of people, having had a full on v expensive day out somewhere demanding taxis etc - paid for by someone else to take them home........twats.

25 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

That better have been a paid job than an invite or you're getting a red.

As part of the job !!

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Anyone done Silverstone before? The host I was with at the weekend mentioned that may be on the cards next time round.

I fucking hate racing cars almost as much as I hate rugger but would still go.

I would only go if it was travel by helicopter...................

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I have attended loads of hospitality over the years (some as an invitee, lots as a host in a previous life), and the one thing that jumps out is that there are people who - having not paid for an expensive day out themselves -  turn instant c**t.

Non exhaustive list - 

Guys stealing bottles of spirits from the free bar (York Racecourse) as 6 hours solid bevvy wasnt enough...............

People having a stand up fight and getting flung off a train (York again, different year) as they cant handle their drink.

Uninvited people turning up instead of the right person (their boss decided last minute not to go and just gave some random office wanks his tickets) (Edgebaston), they didnt want to watch sport, stayed in the bar, got steaming, abused the bar staff and were chucked by security.

Salesmen asking if we could set them up with the hookers that hang round the nightclub (The Belfry) after having a few too many champagnes.

People simply not turning up with no notice (Wimbledon) (various rugby)  because it wasnt the specific players or country that they wanted to see.....................

One guy didnt go to the races one time as "he only travelled that far by helicopter" and someone else had done that for him at Silverstone 😂.

Too many incidents to list of people, having had a full on v expensive day out somewhere demanding taxis etc - paid for by someone else to take them home........twats.

I've also done a bit of hospitality including an entire season at ER with a previous employer. I found it a bit of a grind TBH after a while but it is a genuinely decent experience at ER. What I will say is generally people that were at football hospitality (and I include Tynecastle and East End Park) were a hell of a lot nicer and better behaved (ugly sisters games excepted) that the shitshows I saw a Murrayfield or Musselburgh. I was absolutely scunnered with "rugby lad bantz" of being offensive to female waiting and bar staff and the falling about pished, coked up idiots trying to scan as much booze as they can types at the horse racing.

Edited by AndyM

I rarely drink any more so hospitality packages have no value for me as I'd have to up the Irn Bru to San Pelligrino and drink like a camel to justify it. Otherwise it becomes a very expensive meal usually limited to two choices or a buffet. I also have no desire to be around gobshite double glazing salesmen or gallus fuckbois in tight suits only there due to working for their uncles roofing company.
I have been in the 1886 suite at FP which is the top season ticket package in our main stand ten years ago. It was OK but nothing memorable. I get the impression a lot of what is served in hospitality is dependant on the current tastes of 60 year old men. Starters 20 years ago it would be prawn cocktails, now its pakoras, in 20 years time it'll be avocado on toast.

St Mirren offer 2 hospitality prices. One for a 'free' bar and one where you pay for drinks for those driving on only having one or two. I took the cheaper option once as I thought I'd be driving but that changed on the day. But the lovely waitress decided she couldn't be bothered taking my money as everyone else on the table was the higher price free bar option. Good day out :)

12 hours ago, NorthBank said:

St Mirren offer 2 hospitality prices. One for a 'free' bar and one where you pay for drinks for those driving on only having one or two. I took the cheaper option once as I thought I'd be driving but that changed on the day. But the lovely waitress decided she couldn't be bothered taking my money as everyone else on the table was the higher price free bar option. Good day out :)

Do folk drink enough to justify the free bar uplift?  

27 minutes ago, ropy said:

Do folk drink enough to justify the free bar uplift?  

Price difference is about £30. If you are a bevvy merchant probably a good deal. Cannot remember exactly the bar prices but think they were pretty decent - more towards 'Spoons level than some posh pub.

On 16/11/2022 at 14:09, AndyM said:

coked up idiots trying to scan as much booze as they can types at the horse racing.

Think i've mentioned this before on here, but last time I was at Musselburgh I was stood in a long queue for the toilets needing a pish. I reached the point where I could see in the door and noted that the urinals were clear. At that point I bypassed the rest of the queue and got a piss whilst observing suited up bams going into/coming out the traps in pairs 😂

Standing in a queue to get a line ffs. 

No such thing as hospitality in my youth. South Centre stand tickets behind the director's box at Hampden had a smaller queue at the pie and bovril stall and that was it. 

Sadly you were surrounded by local comedians and the like from Lodge Dramatic, the guys that made a living doing three nights a week in some dodgy miners welfare or Butlins. The same sleazy types that made up the audience on the BBC Hogmanay show. 

Proud to say i've never been inside a hospitality area on a match day in any Scottish football ground.

Sounds absolutely dreadful.

10 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Price difference is about £30. If you are a bevvy merchant probably a good deal. Cannot remember exactly the bar prices but think they were pretty decent - more towards 'Spoons level than some posh pub.

The price I looked at for Motherwell was £70 (£39 if you have a season ticket) but £120 for an inclusive bar. Maybe I am a lightweight but I’m unlikely to get through £50 of drink at Fir Park prices.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Think i've mentioned this before on here, but last time I was at Musselburgh I was stood in a long queue for the toilets needing a pish. I reached the point where I could see in the door and noted that the urinals were clear. At that point I bypassed the rest of the queue and got a piss whilst observing suited up bams going into/coming out the traps in pairs 😂

Standing in a queue to get a line ffs. 

It seems ridiculous the number of folk that can't enjoy a day/night out these days without some knock off cheap powder. I've never been near the stuff in my life, perhaps it's me that's missing out.