Best hospitality experience in Scottish Premiership?

17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I have been at hundreds, if not thousands, of football matches home and away over the past 60 years and have, to my knowledge, never been filmed or harrassed by any police in that time. And coincidentally, the last time I was at Ross County before the pandemic, I and my son were in the very front row just to the right of the goal and had no one obstructing our view of the pitch. 

I've been filmed at Aberdeen more than once, once at Inverness, and at Celtic.

Possibly others I've forgotten, but those ones for sure.

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Yup, there was even a separate police police division for it (Focus) and it was an insane waste of police money think it cost 2 million a year or something.

30 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, obviously, just that I'm not aware of it happening to me in 60 years. 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Remember we played Carlisle away in 2010 and the police were filming every hibs fan getting off the train. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Our recent match with Falkirk was given the top category of policing, with barricades, horses and drones.

Total arrests as of today: 0

After years of playing Arbroath at Gayfield with absolutely zero issues and fans changing ends at half time, the police suddenly decided that segregation was necessary.

When we played Borehamwood a few years back Police Scotland seemingly sent a 'dossier' to the local force since they apparently consider the Pars support to be some sort of barbarian horde who rampage through towns pillaging and raping.

The reality is that there's very rarely trouble at Pars games, yet Police Scotland find it necessary to have police vans patrolling towns when we play away or have police at train stations or have police pull over buses etc.

I haven't done any Premiership grounds yet, but every year for my mate's birthday we used to do hospitality at the Binos. We got a bit fed up of doing the same day out every year, so now we pick a random ground every year (with the aim of helping to cross off as many SPFL grounds as we can) and go there. Did Cowdenbeath back in April which was good fun (apart from the game which was probably the worst I've ever seen in all my years watching games at all levels) and we're doing Queen of the South in April next year. Because I work a lot of Saturdays, it's always a good buzz to go to a new ground and try out the hospitality experience.

38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The reality is that there's very rarely trouble at Pars games

I’d argue that’s the case at every ground in Scotland

Come the end of the season the SPFL will receive millions of footfall from fans right across the divisions

Crowd trouble will be extremely rare over the thousands of games played

20 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’d argue that’s the case at every ground in Scotland

Come the end of the season the SPFL will receive millions of footfall from fans right across the divisions

Crowd trouble will be extremely rare over the thousands of games played

Indeed. T in The Park used to see significantly more arrests each year than an entire SPFL season (i.e. every single game involving all 42 clubs for a full calendar season).

I say 'used to' only because T in The Park is no more.

The standstill we currently have with the police over the coach park at CP just typifies the disdain they have for football fans, happily keep us in it for an hour after full time then refuse to give us a cordon out.

Seems appropriate punishment for supporters who need to take a supporters bus to home games.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Our recent match with Falkirk was given the top category of policing, with barricades, horses and drones.

After years of playing Arbroath at Gayfield with absolutely zero issues and fans changing ends at half time, the police suddenly decided that segregation was necessary.

When we played Borehamwood a few years back Police Scotland seemingly sent a 'dossier' to the local force since they apparently consider the Pars support to be some sort of barbarian horde who rampage through towns pillaging and raping.

The reality is that there's very rarely trouble at Pars games, yet Police Scotland find it necessary to have police vans patrolling towns when we play away or have police at train stations or have police pull over buses etc.

Now would be a great time for someone to dig out that photo of you being huckled out the ground by police 😂😂😂.

Edited by velo army

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The had a drone at our game last week yet this week someone walked into the stadium with a bag and didn’t get searched and even just looked at ( was a change of clothes post work) 

45 minutes ago, velo army said:

Now would be a great time for someone to dig out that photo of you being huckled out the ground by police 😂😂😂.

Wait, how do you know about that?!

38 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The had a drone at our game last week yet this week someone walked into the stadium with a bag and didn’t get searched and even just looked at ( was a change of clothes post work) 

I didn't get searched at our game through there recently, but plenty were.

Before the 2-4 game at Falkirk a few years back, I 'snuck' some cheese* in, along with a mini deodorant, power bank and USB cable ('snuck as I also wasn't searched that time).

*Was only a small snack one that I had forgotten I had purchased in Stirling earlier.

I rarely drink any more so hospitality packages have no value for me as I'd have to up the Irn Bru to San Pelligrino and drink like a camel to justify it. Otherwise it becomes a very expensive meal usually limited to two choices or a buffet. I also have no desire to be around gobshite double glazing salesmen or gallus fuckbois in tight suits only there due to working for their uncles roofing company.

I have been in the 1886 suite at FP which is the top season ticket package in our main stand ten years ago. It was OK but nothing memorable. I get the impression a lot of what is served in hospitality is dependant on the current tastes of 60 year old men. Starters 20 years ago it would be prawn cocktails, now its pakoras, in 20 years time it'll be avocado on toast.

17 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

I rarely drink any more so hospitality packages have no value for me as I'd have to up the Irn Bru to San Pelligrino and drink like a camel to justify it. Otherwise it becomes a very expensive meal usually limited to two choices or a buffet. I also have no desire to be around gobshite double glazing salesmen or gallus fuckbois in tight suits only there due to working for their uncles roofing company.

I have been in the 1886 suite at FP which is the top season ticket package in our main stand ten years ago. It was OK but nothing memorable. I get the impression a lot of what is served in hospitality is dependant on the current tastes of 60 year old men. Starters 20 years ago it would be prawn cocktails, now its pakoras, in 20 years time it'll be avocado on toast.

Catering order process for football hospitality.

"How many in total?

Ok, 80 steak pie, 20 chicken."