Best hospitality experience in Scottish Premiership?

Hi everyone!

1st time post, I have been following the forum for a while so thought it was about time I joined in.

What would you say the best hospitality experience in the Scottish Premiership is and why? 

As a Saints fan, I have only ever been to McDiarmid Park which I thought was a fantastic experience. 3 hours of access to the bar before the game, nice 4 course meal, half time pie and then access to the bar for an hour after too!  Seats were comfy and staff were friendly making it good value for money (think about £130) in my opinion.

I am keen to try another one with my friends this season, so would love to hear your thoughts! 

Apologies if a thread has already been created on this, admin feel free to delete if so :)

Cheers!

Edited by Perth Saint

I've not been to any myself on a match day, but my dad won a hospitality package for Hearts through his work recently and he said he couldn't fault it. Even my mum who he took along with him, who hates football, said she had a brilliant day.

Only been to Hearts but it is really good. Free bar for the duration, think it's 2 and a half hours before KO and 1 hour after. You get MoTM interviews after the game, bit of a look ahead pre-match with ex players. Food is a decent standard. Think it's about £120 but a bit more for Cat A games. Plus a HT pie if you can stomach it after your meal.

• Perth Saint changed the title to Best hospitality experience in Scottish Premiership?

Hospitality at Motherwell was fantastic. I think we won it in a raffle at our player of the year dinner or something and they were excellent with us. Had Stevie Kirk as our host and he was getting us more drinks every time our glass went below half full, so we ended up rather merry.  The food was old school pie chips, and beans aswell, and it was quality. None of this catering style chicken balmoral with a parsnip puree you get these days. 

We also had the late great St Mirren legend and ex Motherwell player Gerry Baker at the table next to us and Tam Cowan gave us a lift back into town. Thomas Reilly scored a last minute equaliser aswell, so a great day all round. 

Hibs spent an absolute fortune in the summer revamping the suites (they needed it).

There are now a few different levels (from pay bar, buffet style food right up to the top one).

I was lucky enough to win a pair of tickets to the top one recently.

It is bloody expensive if you pay for it (£200) - until you see whats on offer, cocktail on arrival, 4 course meal, absolutely loads of staff, and then there is the drinks............when they said "inclusive drinks" we assumed it would be Tennents / Belhaven and some garbage red and white wine - but, no its all really top quality stuff, expensive wines, champagnes, and - the boy next to me was a whisky buff and showed me the whisky menu - there was some real top notch aged whisky there, £45 / £50 a nip stuff (meant to take a photo, but was pished).

Usual 2.5 hours before, ht pie, 1 hour after then you can still go to the other pay bar afterward.

Overall very good, and as I understand its sold out for the season, but its a heck of a lot of cash.

I've been a few times at Pittodrie on a few of the levels.

Have done the main stand boxes a few times which I think is an hour before and an hour after and all the drink is in your box. Pies at half time, obviously not meant to drink during the game but just stick your booze in a tea/coffee cup and hud gan. 

Have done full dining in the main stand with directors box seats a couple of times and the food/drink was 1st class l, brilliant service and that was a 12noon for a 3pm KO and an hour after. Pies at HT as well. 

Have done the RDS lounges with padded seat which was also very good. Hour before and hour after. Only one I've not done is RDS dining or RDS box. 

As an aside, I used to work for Ladbrokes when they had the contract for Pittodrie so did all the boxes lounges and everyone seemed to say it was spot on. 

Don't ask me cost because every time.ive been it's been a freebie. 

I've done the RDS dining package three times and it is superb. I think it's two and a half hours free bar before the match and an hour after the final whistle goes. 3 course meal and pies at half time. There's always ex-players there, last time I was there we had King Joey and Chalkie Whyte, Man of the Match is awarded in the suite after the game. All in all a great experience.

26 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Not Prem or football but I’ve got Hospo at Murrayfield on Sunday. Presumably this involves much dipping of cocks in pints etc etc.

Will report back on Monday.

Look out for the strict dress code. If you’re not wearing bootcut jeans and brown boots you’re not getting in.

1 minute ago, ArabGaz said:

Look out for the strict dress code. If you’re not wearing bootcut jeans and brown boots you’re not getting in.

Looks like i'll be fine then. Ive got the Tan Rewinds in for polishing.

Peroni on tap I presume. 

In the Premier I've done United, Hearts and Aberdeen.

United is fucking dreadful.

Poor choice of drinks, they run out of stuff constantly and it's about packing people in, no personal touch at all.

RDS at Aberdeen was different level as obviously its all oil and engineering companies and not just arseholes like me so the best of gear including a decent selection of malts.

Hearts was just as good good and drink wise but the whole entertainment package of having a host compering it and guest speakers with connections to United and Hearts when I was there. Taking your bets and having winnings in an envelope sitting on the table when you get back inside you were just superbly looked after.

Outside the Prem we go to Forfar every year and it's cheap and cheerful food and drink but that's reflected in price and each suite has its own host, players and management come in and have a chat. and you are brilliantly looked after.

I have enjoyed hospitality at St Mirren several times. Good value and good food. A couple of players usually make an appearance after the game and it’s a friendly atmosphere for both sets of supporters. Last Saturday, we tried the hospitality at Ross County. We paid for the mid-range level and it was excellent. Access to the suite from 1pm, two course meal before kick-off, pies and hot drink at half-time and very friendly and helpful staff. Given the result on the day, it meant there was something to enjoy from our long trip north.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Not Prem or football but I’ve got Hospo at Murrayfield on Sunday. Presumably this involves much dipping of cocks in pints etc etc.

Enjoy plenty of craft ale and top bantz with the "rugger ladz"

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Be careful if anyone opens a packet of biscuits after a few beers.......

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Outside the Prem we go to Forfar every year and it's cheap and cheerful food and drink but that's reflected in price and each suite has its own host, players and management come in and have a chat. and you are brilliantly looked after

Got a mate who watches some club in the lowland league - he is scanning for the best "value" hospitality (or match sponsor) around the league for early next year.

We are all hoping for endless pies, sandwiches and sausage rolls and some cans of Stella - for about £40 a skull !!

I actually forgot I’ve been to hospitality at Livingston before, in their sponsors suite. Quite a small room and nothing fancy but there was a well stocked drinks cabinet in there we were free to help ourselves to. Food was alright, tasty but a bit lukewarm. Holt was the manager at the time and he came in for a chat after the match.