World Cup 2022 Betting

Bully Wee Villa

I fancy Canada to do an Iceland if not a Greece and fluke their way to the knock outs, just from having zero expectations to worry about. Heard today on Off the Ball that they have something like 13 SPFL players in their squad! Might have misheard...

image.thumb.png.03928ddc699c961b78ca8d849b2c0832.png

Edited by welshbairn

On 13/11/2022 at 17:04, welshbairn said:

I fancy Canada ..... Heard today on Off the Ball that they have something like 13 SPFL players in their squad! Might have misheard...

To me that seems closer to the total SPFL players at the tournament?  Only Wotherspoon in for Canada (no Arfield or Zanatta etc)

3 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

To me that seems closer to the total SPFL players at the tournament?  Only Wotherspoon in for Canada (no Arfield or Zanatta etc)

Or maybe Canadians who have played in the SPFL at some time in their careers? You're probably right though, I only half heard a snippet of the conversation.

On 14/11/2022 at 09:20, charger29 said:

England are evens to beat Iran at William Hill (max £10 bet).
Though they do seem to play poorly in the first match of major tournaments iirc.

I fancy Qatar to get out their group tbh. Mexico as well.

Iran will be really stuffy and probably on a world record win bonus to beat the US again, but something's really wrong if England don't beat them. EVS is pretty good.

Qatar could probably get enough help and be prepared enough to keep the Ecuador game tight...enough to get a win is itself quite a big call.  Then they have to get a draw with Senegal (look at Senegal's XI), and then Senegal have Ecuador in the 3rd game and likely just need to better Qatar's result against them?  I'm of the same mind as you in theory but it needs to be pretty long odds.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Or maybe Canadians who have played in the SPFL at some time in their careers? You're probably right though, I only half heard a snippet of the conversation.

Good shout, Arfield, De Vos, Zanatta, the big boy Hearts had, Nick Dasovic, Paul Fenwick... plus anyone from after 2002 who i've automatically not heard of 

Iran will be really stuffy and probably on a world record win bonus to beat the US again, but something's really wrong if England don't beat them. EVS is pretty good.
Qatar could probably get enough help and be prepared enough to keep the Ecuador game tight...enough to get a win is itself quite a big call.  Then they have to get a draw with Senegal (look at Senegal's XI), and then Senegal have Ecuador in the 3rd game and likely just need to better Qatar's result against them?  I'm of the same mind as you in theory but it needs to be pretty long odds.

Yeah, I wouldn't bet a lot on Qatar getting out of the group. Group A seems quite tight for 2nd, 3rd & 4th. I only took them with a free bet.

On 14/11/2022 at 08:36, Scotty Tunbridge said:

888sport offer - £10 single on a team to win it gets you a £5 free bet every game they win. Netherlands for me in that one since they should skoosh their group.

I've stuck a tenner on Spain. I see Boylesports is offering a £3 free bet on the same bet.

Screenshot_20221117-213752_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221117-212306_Chrome.jpg

I quite like Saka for an outside shot at the Golden Boot at 249/1 on Betfair Exchange.

Obviously the slight issue that he won't definitely start for England, though I think he deserves to, but I can see him maybe grabbing a few goals if he does. England also have a relatively easy group. Foden possibly a decent bet for similar reasons.

80/1 on Darwin Nunez seems worth a punt too.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

On 13/11/2022 at 13:53, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've bet on Spain, England, Denmark and Switzerland. Fancied an outside bet on Senegal but decided not to bother if Mane might not be fully fit.

Had another bet on Germany not to get out of the groups again. Expect them to win it, then.

On 17/11/2022 at 17:13, charger29 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't bet a lot on Qatar getting out of the group. Group A seems quite tight for 2nd, 3rd & 4th. I only took them with a free bet.

Having just watched the 'FIFA Uncovered' documentary on Netflix I hope Quatar record the worst host nation performance in World Cup history.