Airdrie vs Peterhead

Teams can get from their own box to ours in about 2-3 passes. This is something I remarked upon in the Falkirk game and it’s STILL happening. Farcical from McCabe and Fordyce. 
Said it during the week with the squad we have just now it will always get you goals. It's genuinely baffling that we have ditched the 352 that has worked in every game we have played well. I'm a an idiot but even I can see this 433 upfront is leaving us so open in the middle of the park when we dont have a ball winner and leaves Smithy and LJ ineffective.

11 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Justin Devenny needs to sit a few weeks out.

McCabe said at the start of the season Justin was one we had to be careful not to overwork,  unfortunately due to the calamitous last week of the window he has had to keep going, unfair on the  lad..

Thought 6 points was a must from Clyde & Peterhead games, and heaps pressure on to getting a result at Kelty.

Far too slow and turgid today, again. Can see McCabe wants to try and work something with this system but with the personnel it just doesn’t work.

Certainly wouldn’t have thought Jamieson would be leading the scoring charts after getting hooked before half time, but there we are.

Now then, who’s getting banned this week?

As others have said that first half bore all the weaknesses of much of our season .

Slow and trying to draw out a team as a plan might work if the other team cooperates. However Peterhead were actually more eager to attack with speed and a wee guy in midfield who kept them on the march. Our defence looks so nervous that we kept giving up corners and quite what Lyness was doing will maybe need viewing tomorrow. Might well have been two down before half time.Second half was better if only because Peterhead seemed to settle for soaking up any pressure. We did have loads of good overlapping full backs but nothing stuck or any one gambled.

It was a relief to get one good move through the centre and as others have said who'd have thought LJ is top scorer.

This 4-3-3 style is restricting the real pace of Smith and LJ but given all the recruitment weaknesses it's hard to be player critical. 

Weird results in the League so maybe we are hanging in for fourth place! Good Lamb Curry tonight. 

2 hours ago, bluetoonscotty said:

Sat back far too much and tried to run down the clock the whole second half, that equaliser was coming. Would’ve taken a draw all day before the game though but a bit gutting coming so close. Have to say I fairly enjoyed the Airdrie support getting more and more wound up as the game went on. A highlight being one of the coaches sprinting on to the pitch seething and slipping on his arse 🤣

Don't disagree on first point and you were much better than Clyde so maybe you're beginning to catch up.

On the 2nd I also laughed but it was David Hutton and coach might be taking that too far.

Looking forward to wintry trip in January 23.

Thought we had finally got a break, played better ourselves today but lived very dangerously 2nd half in particular with blocks & deflections making a nervous finish. Does anyone know why the stand side linesman was so keen to shoot up the tunnel at the end before the players left the field, did wonder if he had a reoccurrence of whatever it was that made him miss the offside in the Airdrie goal. 

17 hours ago, peternapper said:

Thought we had finally got a break, played better ourselves today but lived very dangerously 2nd half in particular with blocks & deflections making a nervous finish. Does anyone know why the stand side linesman was so keen to shoot up the tunnel at the end before the players left the field, did wonder if he had a reoccurrence of whatever it was that made him miss the offside in the Airdrie goal. 

I assume you were at that end and I'm in the home end near that but I'd need to see the highlights before judging. I thought he missed a huge one in first half but was too happy to notice any later one. Still glad we're not exposed to VAR!

Thought the initial ball through that the airdrie player won that i thought was offside ok after that. If you were up the other end how did you see our pen claim late on Davy Nichols thought, it should have been given. Still would be interested to know why the linesman made such a quick exit as soon as the final whistle. Thought our luck had changed yesterday as on another day we could have lost by a few.  As for 4 jobs Ross he is a waste of time at all of them

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Thought the initial ball through that the airdrie player won that i thought was offside ok after that. If you were up the other end how did you see our pen claim late on Davy Nichols thought, it should have been given. Still would be interested to know why the linesman made such a quick exit as soon as the final whistle. Thought our luck had changed yesterday as on another day we could have lost by a few.  As for 4 jobs Ross he is a waste of time at all of them

I meant to say I was at the same end as you and I'll need to get my PC fired up to check, so I have no idea about the other incident you mentioned. 

Thought your new number 19 was really good. Where did he come from?

As for four jobs I second that emotion.

Best wishes  

23 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I meant to say I was at the same end as you and I'll need to get my PC fired up to check, so I have no idea about the other incident you mentioned. 

Thought your new number 19 was really good. Where did he come from?

As for four jobs I second that emotion.

Best wishes  

Julien Carre was a free agent, had previously been down in England with B Team at Brighton & Brentford came from league 1 in France has done pretty well although just back from suspension with a sending off.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Julien Carre was a free agent, had previously been down in England with B Team at Brighton & Brentford came from league 1 in France has done pretty well although just back from suspension with a sending off.

Thanks for info. Will he soon be dragged down to seaside League anonymity? 

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks for info. Will he soon be dragged down to seaside League anonymity? 

Hopefully not bit hit or miss taking in players at this level from  abroad. We signed a young Egyptian released from Millwall looked great in his 1st game played a couple more and now thinks he is too good for this league so has not even made the squad for the last 3 games. Had a Ugandan defender that took ages to get clearance for, played a couple games but missed yesterday through injury. There is a Dutchman that is signed but cannot come until January as he is classed as amateur in Holland. We had another French guy that played a couple times as trialist in the last few weeks but has now signed at Arbroath. After losing 14 players in close season it has been a real merry go round just starting to see a few returning after long term injuries and not had a real striker all season.