Airdrie vs Peterhead

Would take any sort of home win even if like last week it isn't pretty, especially with either Falkirk or Edinburgh guaranteed to drop points and in the hope that Clyde can 'Duffyball' there way to a 0-0 draw.

Peterhead did draw 2-2 with Dunfermline earlier in the season so I don't think it will be as easy a game as we might think.

More concerned with getting points on the board if anything else. Would settle for a 1-0 95th minute winner coming off Calum Gallagher's ar*e cheek.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Obviously Peterhead managed to take a point off Dunfermline away late on, and going by the highlights looked well in the game versus Alloa recently for most of the match, so you can't afford to be complacent.

That being said, we should be winning this game and if we get an early goal I reckon we could win it quite handsomely. If not, well, we saw it took Montrose until the second half (and two own goals) to get ahead versus Peterhead last week, so I won't be panicking. 

From checking back, I think a win tomorrow puts us a point better off than after matchday 15 last season (assuming I counted that correctly). Encouraging to hear in the interviews as well that Rae, Frizz and Gabby are closing in on returns and I liked hearing from Rhys regards the Academy guys who've been on the bench. 

It ought to be three wins on the bounce tomorrow and then that sets us up to go for a 100% month in the league the week after, when Kelty visit. 

Abysmal. Beyond fed up of dropping points because of conceding goals a primary school team could defend better. That’s 5 months now and we still can’t defend? Not good enough. We haven’t won a game where we’ve conceded a goal all season. Not sustainable. Proper manager who can actually coach a team to defend set pieces and defend in general please.

Sat back far too much and tried to run down the clock the whole second half, that equaliser was coming. Would’ve taken a draw all day before the game though but a bit gutting coming so close. Have to say I fairly enjoyed the Airdrie support getting more and more wound up as the game went on. A highlight being one of the coaches sprinting on to the pitch seething and slipping on his arse 🤣

First of all credit to Peterhead I thought they pressed us really well and defended well the entire game.

I don't know why we've went back to 3 up front and being so open, don't know why we can't of played the same system that worked so well against Montrose.

Peterhead were first to every second ball and far more aggressive. Far too slow and not direct enough.

We need to actually take a shot when the opportunity is on, getting sick and tired of players trying to walk it in the net. Overall not good enough today.

35 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

First of all credit to Peterhead I thought they pressed us really well and defended well the entire game.

I don't know why we've went back to 3 up front and being so open, don't know why we can't of played the same system that worked so well against Montrose.

Peterhead were first to every second ball and far more aggressive. Far too slow and not direct enough.

We need to actually take a shot when the opportunity is on, getting sick and tired of players trying to walk it in the net. Overall not good enough today.

Teams can get from their own box to ours in about 2-3 passes. This is something I remarked upon in the Falkirk game and it’s STILL happening. Farcical from McCabe and Fordyce. 

2 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Justin Devenny needs to sit a few weeks out.

I agree, he’s been poor since the first few weeks of the season, but it goes back to the issue of having no one to bring in for him. The squad situation is a mess and while having Frizzell back will help massively, we’re still three or four players short of having a manageable squad.