St Mirren (3) The Rangers (1) 12/11/22 (stands)

GVB claiming it was difficult because St Mirren played "so defensively". That's drivel. It was difficult because his team underperformed. 

St Mirren had a game plan that was little different from the set-up in most games we play. 

He should have analysed that and been able to mobilise the resources available to him to counteract St Mirren's approach. His players are very mediocre,  right enough, so he could pleas that in mitigation, but he selects the match day squad.

4 minutes ago, Drooper said:

GVB claiming it was difficult because St Mirren played "so defensively". That's drivel. It was difficult because his team underperformed. 

St Mirren had a game plan that was little different from the set-up in most games we play. 

He should have analysed that and been able to mobilise the resources available to him to counteract St Mirren's approach. His players are very mediocre,  right enough, so he could pleas that in mitigation, but he selects the match day squad.

Know your place, St Mirren.  You are supposed to roll over and play with four wingers.  

3 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Watching Gio interview, and tbh I think it best he gets out aswell, he seems a nice enough fella imo. Maybe not the best football manager though.

I really hope he stays. I can never understand why opposition fans are desperate for underperforming mangers to be sacked. Stay and f*ck up the club.

41 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Would've taken a point before game but disappointed not to take all 3.

Rangers are a fuckin shambles - be lucky to finish second 

Just need a team to step up and knock them off that spot. 

Rangers were there for the taking but we sat back after we scored. Not seen the penalty incident back but it is the only way I could see Rangers scoring. Disappointed to drop 2 points. 

Referree was shocking he looked too scared to give us a free kick. 

Bit dissapointing in the end, we were the better team, but couldn't turn decent positions into real goalscoring chances. The referrreing in the second half particularly also made it very difficult to build pressure as Rangers were effectively allowed to do whatever they wanted in defence. Fair play to Ayunga, Main and Greive just getting on with it and putting in great shifts when it would have been easy to lose focus and get frustrated with the treatment being dished out, especially since any rise to it would have seen them immediately penalised and probably booked.

Decent point on paper I suppose, but could have been a lot more.

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Rangers were there for the taking but we sat back after we scored. Not seen the penalty incident back but it is the only way I could see Rangers scoring. Disappointed to drop 2 points. 

Referree was shocking he looked too scared to give us a free kick. 

To be fair, it's hard to be too critical. I think we were trying to play, trying to get out, but we are focused on our two target men to hold the ball, which was very difficult as they were being fouled everytime the ball went forward.