Ben Doak

Gordopolis

Thought I'd stick my head above the parapet and start a thread to track and discuss this promising young player.

Not going to claim he will be world class, or even that he will make it at the top level - there's every chance he might end up playing for Preston in 10 years.

I can remember getting overly excited about attacking prospects such as the likes of Mark Burchill and Paul Gallagher, and more recently about Oli Burke. The way things worked out for those guys have helped me calm down a bit with Doak.

My prediction, just for fun, is that he'll make it as an English Premier level player, but injuries will prevent him from reaching greatness (apart from when he lifts the 2026 WC).

Any other P&B Nostradamuses fancy a go?

43 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Thought I'd stick my head above the parapet and start a thread to track and discuss this promising young player.

Not going to claim he will be world class, or even that he will make it at the top level - there's every chance he might end up playing for Preston in 10 years.

I can remember getting overly excited about attacking prospects such as the likes of Mark Burchill and Paul Gallagher, and more recently about Oli Burke. The way things worked out for those guys have helped me calm down a bit with Doak.

My prediction, just for fun, is that he'll make it as an English Premier level player, but injuries will prevent him from reaching greatness (apart from when he lifts the 2026 WC).

Played for same youth team Dalry Rovers were my friends kid plays,so really hope the young lad makes it good to see Ayrshire starting to produce players again especially from the Garnock Valley not fussed at all that he was at Celtic young Reid hopefully will kick on to and go to the top and both play for Scotland one day at world cups like Joanne Love and Gordon McQueen did before them

Edited by General dissaray

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Poor show, I've barely seen the lad play and I can predict with great confidence thats hes going to be the new messi

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

You will jinx him

16 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The Welsh cap this sort of player as soon as they get a sniff of first team action at a club like Liverpool. 

And? He is 16. Yes, he is doing well, but c'mon we have regulars in that position playing well. He has literally only came on to the scene. Give it time. This is what we do to ourselves: hype boys up way too soon, and they end up playing League 1 football by the time they hit 24.