Dunfermline Athletic Vs Clyde 12/11/2022

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Clyde haven't won since the Titanic left Liverpool,

Lol. Your point is fair - and it certainly seems like that.  Though we did hump QofS 4-1 away at the start of the season.  I would have settled for a point today before a ball was kicked, but left feeling irked that we squandered a two goal league by shipping not one, but two penalties in the second half.  

7 hours ago, CM. said:

Watched goals on Dunfermline twitter and both penalties look pretty clear cut to me. Can see Kurtis Roberts going mental at both Cameron then Scullion too for their stupidity. 

Yep, didn't get a good look at the second but don't think he can have any complaints. Two absolute horror goals for us to concede but credit to Allan.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

How the referee doesn't give a free kick to us, Comrie does well to get between the attacker and the ball and then is just bundled down.

But 2 stonewall penalties and well taken by Benedictus.

Think it was Edwards(?), but I do think he goes down very easily. I think you see that given as a foul more often than not though, particularly given he’s knocked Edwards over to get in on goal. Ref gave fouls for much less. Most of the first half, all Allan had to do was fall over and he’d get a free kick. Ref also missed much more obvious fouls than that - for both teams.

One of the ref’s more bizarre decisions was against Allan though. There was one point in the second half that Allan was closing down Comrie (I think) at the corner flag. Comrie went to play it back to Mehmet, Allan slid in with a great challenge, put it out for a goal kick rather than letting Comrie complete the pass. Ref gave a free kick to us and I have no idea why.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
On 10/11/2022 at 13:20, Salvo Montalbano said:

That's my stance too, it has to be said although that's been in place for a while. Think it was Dundee charging £22 when we were both in the Championship back in about 2010 that saw me first adopt that, so I guess if we take inflation into account I should probably set a higher limit. There's something about taking a £20 note and not getting change back that never seemed right to me, and although most clubs do online payments, the principle remains the same.

Not in League One it isn't. I paid £14 I think at Montrose, £16 at Kelty. Clyde charge £17, £16 if you buy online. Maybe in the Championship you'd get away with that but IMO £20 is steep for third tier football.

To you maybe, and to me. It is to some folk though and if you also have kids (particularly older ones) to take with you then it soon adds up. I won't go to the bother of downvoting the comment since I don't really see the point in that sort of thing, but that's a pretty tone deaf thing to say IMO.

Vote or don't vote, really doesn't matter, so we agree. 

If you require £20 for car fuel to get to work, or £20 for your kids school lunches, you'll use it for those purposes. Budgeting at home and making choices, we all do it and it's  down to choices. When my kids were wee I made those choices like everyone else, working on a priority basis. Yes, often there were times I didn't have £20, never mind spend it on watching the Pars. So my awareness and understanding on such matters are pretty good being honest.

In the grand scheme of things I don't believe £20 is way above what the club should be charging on a Saturday. Whether you can afford that £20 that's a different discussion and for each individual to make a decision on. 

Think McPake made a mistake playing Edwards yesterday, it was quite clear he wasn't fit after his injury last week. Apparently he never even trained until Friday, hence the 16 year old fullback on the bench. MacDonald should have went in at left back IMO.

15 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Question for any of the brave souls who attended; Did Duffy have McLean or anyone on the bench with him today

You couldn’t really see the dugouts from where we were sitting. I did notice someone walking back to the dugout with Duffy for the start of the 2nd half I didn’t immediately recognise, but we were miles away. 

Quite strange walking away from EEP absolutely seething at only getting a point. The penalty situation is ridiculous - good players don’t give them away as consistently as we do. Giving ourselves absolutely no chance. 

Classic Duffy in his post match interview. We absolutely should be disappointed in chucking away a 2 goal lead, doesn’t really matter a f**k who it’s against. 

Edited by ScottR96

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Think it was Edwards(?), but I do think he goes down very easily. I think you see that given as a foul more often than not though, particularly given he’s knocked Edwards over to get in on goal. Ref gave fouls for much less. Most of the first half, all Allan had to do was fall over and he’d get a free kick. Ref also missed much more obvious fouls than that - for both teams.

One of the ref’s more bizarre decisions was against Allan though. There was one point in the second half that Allan was closing down Comrie (I think) at the corner flag. Comrie went to play it back to Mehmet, Allan slid in with a great challenge, put it out for a goal kick rather than letting Comrie complete the pass. Ref gave a free kick to us and I have no idea why.

So it was, I was half asleep watching it back.

Yeh for such an experienced referee he was poor. I think we really are seeing the cost of VAR sucking all the top level officials out of the lower leagues to watch a screen meaning there is a complete lack of quality for L1.

2 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Strange that you immediately reckoned it was a financial related question.

I merely wondered if, like the Ayebroke club you were awarded a penalty to save your skins.

No need to get shirty

“Ayebroke”

7269C5EE-552E-40A6-8B4D-AB5FA9E1FD66.jpeg

14 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Strange that you immediately reckoned it was a financial related question.

I merely wondered if, like the Ayebroke club you were awarded a penalty to save your skins.

No need to get shirty

Watch out, if you keep saying this people might think you’re being serious.