Dunfermline Athletic Vs Clyde 12/11/2022

23 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Must have been the excellent chat from the folk just sat to your left (just realising now that you'd posted earlier as well!) :)

Ah! Was great chatting mate! Glad for you guys that they got something out it in the end. The good chat definitely made up for some poor football occasionally on display.

Hope the rest of the Pars season goes better than today (the first half in particular). Make sure yous keep that Falkirk mob down.

Edited by AuAl

The 2nd was a pen. Saw it perfectly from my seat and his arm was angled out totally unnaturally.

Fucking pish today though. Need a full day passing in training next week cos we were shite at it all day. The amount of times we gave the ball away or slowed our own counters with pish passing was shocking.

Unacceptable performance yet again at home. 

Clyde did nothing that should worry you, and we crumble under the slightest bit of pressure from their striker, and gift them two goals. First one is a foul, but we should never, ever be finding ourselves in that kind of position. Edwards has to do better. He has had a fucking howler with the second, with the ball getting stuck under his studs. Extremely tinpot. 

We should be lightyears ahead already, but drawing against utter dross like Kelty, Peterhead, and now Clyde is putting pay to that. 

What the fûck was McPake doing messing with the line-up? That Mahon boy looks about as useful as an inflatable dartboard. Woeful. Offered absolutely nothing and was rightly hooked. I’ve came to my final tether now with Comrie. He has no interest in getting forward when there was so much space to exploit. He has been like that the majority of the season. Complete shitebag, ball-watcher. The amount of times Chalmers lost the ball was fucking pish as well. No pressure or anything and he gives the ball away, inviting unnecessary pressure. We deserved fûck all from that and got lucky with the penalties.

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Clyde did nothing that should worry you, and we crumble under the slightest bit of pressure from their striker, and gift them two goals. First one is a foul, but we should never, ever be finding ourselves in that kind of position. Edwards has to do better. He has had a fucking howler with the second, with the ball getting stuck under his studs. Extremely tinpot. 

We should be lightyears ahead already, but drawing against utter dross like Kelty, Peterhead, and now Clyde is putting pay to that. 

What the fûck was McPake doing messing with the line-up? That Mahon boy looks about as useful as an inflatable dartboard. Woeful. Offered absolutely nothing and was rightly hooked. I’ve came to my final tether now with Comrie. He has no interest in getting forward when there was so much space to exploit. He has been like that the majority of the season. Complete shitebag, ball-watcher. The amount of times Chalmers lost the ball was fucking pish as well. No pressure or anything and he gives the ball away, inviting unnecessary pressure. We deserved fûck all from that and got lucky with the penalties.

Hamilton wasn't in the squad at all today, thus Mahon. Unless Hamilton has done sometime ludicrous ala Watson, he's either ill or injured (or perhaps a personal emergency). Not sure how McPake can be blamed for that.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Bizzare we kept Bene out on the left wing for what felt like about 10 minutes, his balls into the box from that position were so poor so not sure what the point of it was.

A sign of utter desperation and complete lack of width in the squad. When you looked at the bench today it was bereft. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Far too many players off it the day and 2 howling bits of defending but would have taken a point at half time all day long. No overreaction fae me, enjoy your Saturday folks.

Robs on the ball. Take the point and move on. 

Pre match last week I'd have absolutely taken being five points ahead after the Clyde game. 

I said at halftime that our right side was in trouble and one of them gives away a penalty, whilst the other.... gives away a penalty. The first one is hard to make out from the far end but the second from Scullion looked a certain spot kick. Jim Duffy had no complaints. Certainly another daft moment that has cost us as standing in a wall is a time when you can deliberately keep your hands away.

Some good performances from Clyde players. Peter Grant absolutely outstanding. Thicot has stepped up the last two games. Parry had two or three tremendous saves. Cunningham a valuable outball, had the beating of Dunfermline number 2. Definitely Jon Craig's best game as well.

The fake Ray Grant in Dunfermline's midfield was absolutely dreadful.

15 minutes ago, David W said:

The fake Ray Grant in Dunfermline's midfield was absolutely dreadful.

Joe Chalmers. He was dreadful for us last season but done well this season so far. He continually gave the ball away today. I wasn't just him though,  most of them had a stinker today.

Joe Chalmers was one of, if not our best player today, continually showed for the ball and got it forward. I'm not quite sure on the stick he gets. 

If Ray Grant came from Peters Grant bawsack it's a shame his mum doesn't take it up the arse more. 

27 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Will have a look at the highlights, but if Scullion has stuck an arm out then it’s just ridiculous from him. He more than anyone is costing us regularly with stupid mistakes, that’s Montrose home, Kelty away and possibly today at least. 

Scullion again! That boy has given away too many penalties this season. When will he learn. 

Scullion at right back on the team sheet did worry me but looking at who was available he was probably the most realistic option to play there. Imagine Cuddihy, Lyon or even Sula if they were available would've started there ahead of him. It's a position we're desperately needing to strengthen in January and the first area I'd look at if Duffy can move anyone on.

I’d say Cudihay coming in at RB and if…we can get Duthie back eventually immediately the team is stronger and gives Duffy a platform to perform a miracle by signing a proper CM and hopefully an option up front. 
All conjecture of course but Duffy will  needs  to use some proper wheeling and dealing to make that happen given he’ll have huge problems moving on the three / four he’d need to get additional players in!

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I just love the way that Dunfermline fans don't have entitlement issues. 

3 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

I just love the way that Dunfermline fans don't have entitlement issues. 

Clyde haven't won since the Titanic left Liverpool, I don't think it's especially entitled to expect to win when you're top of the league, home games against the expected bottom two are games you should be winning. 

A draw away at Kelty isn't bad IMO. 

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

The free kick was going round the wall, if the man on the end hadn’t stuck his arm out to block it. Can’t get more obvious than that?! His arm was stretched out to stop the ball going past the wall, it’s a stonewall penalty. It didn’t just hit an arm in the wall, it was an arm outstretched to stop the ball going past the wall.

C5C87B52-D70F-4D3F-A0AB-46C44DD248BB.thumb.jpeg.cac906f2d34a99ce5341f617e1edf72b.jpeg