Motherwell v Celtic

Our second midweek trip to Fir Park in the space of a few weeks, without the ridiculous kick off time for TV this time though. 

Motherwell are certainly improved from the shambles they were under Graeme Alexander, although they are still shipping a lot of goals which doesn't bode well for them given the vast array of quality attacking options at Ange's disposal. 

He seems to rotate Kyogo and GG almost every game now so have a feeling the talismanic Japanese striker will start and score in a 3-1 Celtic win with O'Riley and Jota also on the scoresheet. 

We tried having a go in the League Cup tie and just got picked off. Suspect we may be a little more pragmatic on this occasion. Would love to see us change formation and start with KVV and Moult up top, but given the quick turnaround from the weekend it seems unlikely. I reckon we might keep it a bit tighter this time round but Celtic to grind us down and win 2-0.

Routine win I suspect. I certainly hope so. Motherwell will try but Baby Jock's got Celtic purring very nicely on all cylinders, certainly on the home front.  Motherwell 0, Celtic 5. Scorers  ? Who cares. Willie Wallace ? Tommy Callaghan  ? Vic Davidson ?  Some new guy ? Either way it's C E L T I C Celtic, Celtic on the ball. !!

12 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Motherwell are certainly improved from the shambles they were under Graeme Alexander, although they are still shipping a lot of goals which doesn't bode well for them given the vast array of quality attacking options at Ange's disposal. 

Agree with the first bit - we’re definitely not as shite as we were

Disagree with the second bit -  we’ve got the fifth best GA in the league, better than Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. Hearts and Celtic the only clubs to beat us by more than one goal all season and the only clubs to score more than 2. We’re definitely not getting hammered every week. 

Agree with the third bit. Regardless of whether we’re shipping goals or not, wouldn’t surprise me to see Celtic put 5 or 6 past us. Also wouldn’t surprise me if it was a nervy 1-0. 

Going as I have a season ticket...expect very little from the game as ever. Hammell to hopefully show he can adapt his tactics and tighten things up a bit with the resources available. A goal to celebrate would be nice as would not losing a barrowload.

Fck me think I've talked myself out of going now.

Get this one out the way without any further injuries or suspensions and on to a much more important game against St Johnstone on Saturday before the WC break.

Expect that McGinn will be missing after a nasty one against Hearts at the weekend so O'Donnell in for him. 

Routine away win, probably 0-3. 

Not really the game we need - and it's been a brutal few weeks. It's a Month since we played Celtic in the league, a couple of weeks since the LC - and after tomorrow we don't play again until late April, which is mental really.

The LC game came after a tough game against Rangers and the team looked knackered and I don't think we laid a glove on Celtic that night - and I see this being another stroll for them here. We are down to absolute bare bones of the squad at the moment and I could name the team right now -and that is the main issue for us. 

I actually enjoyed watching Moult and KVV together on Sunday but I'd be surprised if that's a feature of tomorrow night - Moult will be a late sub if he plays at all as I'd imagine the game in Perth on Saturday will be a priority. 

I think we'll breach my 3 goals behind leaving threshold by the hour mark tomorrow.

Don’t want come across all hipster tactical but I felt we caused a lot of our own problems in the cup game by trying to press Celtic when they had free kicks or goal kicks deep in their own half,they played through the press most times and we we were then outnumbered when they were attacking. Would prefer to see us hang back a bit when they are playing out from the back.

16 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Total rip off £15 

You really in a position to throw shade on a club for overcharging? I mean granted parts of East End are a bit wartorn but we're not charging anywhere near the league cap (or £60) even if you lot resemble refugees.

Anyway no girder to obscure your view, invite a few bhoys round and split the cost. It really is a bargain.

55 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

You really in a position to throw shade on a club for overcharging? I mean granted parts of East End are a bit wartorn but we're not charging anywhere near the league cap (or £60) even if you lot resemble refugees.

Anyway no girder to obscure your view, invite a few bhoys round and split the cost. It really is a bargain.

Whataboutery isn’t an argument to justify charging £15 to stream the game