⚪ ⚫ 🕷 Queen's Park v The Caley 🔵 🔴

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Actual utter pish this. Not surprising given the slebbering state of Caley fans on here this season, particularly in the match threads against us.

Both sets of fans making plenty noise in the first half which was very good. To say anything otherwise is nonsense. Caley fans telling us to shut up, which of course gloriously came back to bite them on the arse, shows that you could hear us.

Going by your username it seems that you had a relatively short trip home, but I hope the rest that made the effort to come down for the late kick-off were utterly miserable all the way home.

Thank you. 

Utter pish but 5 of your fans have upvoted me? Okay m7

Your lot made literally zero noise in the first half and only piped up for the first time after the offside goal went in. Don’t know what you were hearing but it certainly wasn’t “noise”. 

You absolutely rattled us in the second half and still seem fuming, everything alright at home? 

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Utter pish but 5 of your fans have upvoted me? Okay m7

Your lot made literally zero noise in the first half and only piped up for the first time after the offside goal went in. Don’t know what you were hearing but it certainly wasn’t “noise”. 

You absolutely rattled us in the second half and still seem fuming, everything alright at home? 

Absolutely fuming.

image.thumb.png.dafd2df6326a12ac591f5a21530fa5a2.png

Bit of a muted response from OC on the return of Fox in his post-match. Test of character coming up for the gaffer methinks.

A very high number of players playing their best game tonight and it was deep joy watching that second half performance. The usual suspects standing out - Thomson, Kilday, Robson, Boateng, Thomas and a very welcome return to sparkling form from Savoury. Also thought Jarrett had a smashing game. But The Fox has to get a special mention. Apart from a blustering individual performance, his influence and leadership on the team was a major factor tonight. And it was very clear coming off the pitch how much Kilday was happy having his old buddy back alongside him. Coyle will lose a lot of belief in him from the fans if he tries to tinker with that pairing.

A very decent travelling support tonight, all things considered. And a lively singing section. Did I really hear doo-wah-diddy-diddy? Hope you’re all safe home and coming back to Hampden next time.

A more dominant performance we are unlikely to see again this season. A joy to watch. The enthusiasm and comradery among the players is self-evident. 

And getting to play the second half of the season back in the Southside on the lush Lesser surface will surely see this team reach even greater levels of performance.  

8 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Even though Fox was MOTM and a goal scorer in his first game back (which is always difficult), he actually managed to mention he was perhaps offside for their goal and mention Eze is an important player to return…

Charlie in his interview did indeed concede he had played the guy on, who still had a job to do but did it well. Says a lot about Charlie’s integrity. After 10 weeks in recovery, seemed very odd to me that Coyle should want to mention that about the big man. 

I had a happenchance conversation last night with a former president of the club who mentioned that Coyle had made a “big investment” in Eze, both financially and personally. I’m also a bit uneasy about how he has worked his son, without explanation, into the first team coaching staff when he already has a position at YSP. Front and centre at that.

image.thumb.png.7cc0f3b4f02b41bf2b91f228945f2700.png

58 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

After another poor result where's Shaun?

Not only is dodds looking clueless with his tactics and constantly using the excuse of injuries, we are seeing a team without any confidence, fight or cohesion. Dressing room gone?

Definitely on side with these comments.

Dressing room gone? certainly seems so regarding Ridgers, and has that scenario had a knock on effect?

An absolute shambolic display last night.

If this continues it's League 1 next season.

We the fans, who pay the money, need to be updated on injuries, long term or otherwise, and financial cuts among the football management need to be made to bring in players in January, I know of one salary we don't need.

Without the fans there is no club.

Edited by SandyCromarty

29 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

. I’m also a bit uneasy about how he has worked his son, without explanation, into the first team coaching staff when he already has a position at YSP. Front and centre at that.

If we’re playing good football and winning I don’t think his son being involved is a crime. Alex Ferguson got his son an undeserved premier league medal but it’s one of them, everyone’s happy and doing well, we’ll let that one go. 

Maybe his son is a good coach and contributing well. Perhaps he is pish and shouldn’t be there 🤣

39 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Definitely on side with these comments.

Dressing room gone? certainly seems so regarding Ridgers, and has that scenario had a knock on effect?

An absolute shambolic display last night.

If this continues it's League 1 next season.

We the fans, who pay the money, need to be updated on injuries, long term or otherwise, and financial cuts among the football management need to be made to bring in players in January, I know of one salary we don't need.

Without the fans there is no club.

This about sums it up.

First half was okay, being 1-0 up probably the only reason why, but that second half was a total joke. Fair play to Queen’s Park, Owen Coyle changed it at half time and they were brilliant on the ball and totally dominated us but Dodds didn’t have a clue what to do to try and stop us being run over. The injuries are a problem but it comes to a point where you have to stop using them as an excuse. That’s the second game we having been able to go ahead but not taken all 3 points.

I would sack him now, it won’t happen though. The rumours coming out of the dressing room suggest the players hate him and it looks like the case on the pitch. It felt like they chucked it in the second half. Players arguing with fans at a corner and at full time also doesn’t help.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I would sack him now, it won’t happen though. The rumours coming out of the dressing room suggest the players hate him and it looks like the case on the pitch. It felt like they chucked it in the second half. Players arguing with fans at a corner and at full time also doesn’t help.

After he didn’t get sacked during the 12/13 game winless run last season, I honestly think the jobs his til he doesn’t want it anymore. Even if we did sack him it would be the same again and another jobs for the boys appointment no doubt. 

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

This about sums it up.

First half was okay, being 1-0 up probably the only reason why, but that second half was a total joke. Fair play to Queen’s Park, Owen Coyle changed it at half time and they were brilliant on the ball and totally dominated us but Dodds didn’t have a clue what to do to try and stop us being run over. The injuries are a problem but it comes to a point where you have to stop using them as an excuse. That’s the second game we having been able to go ahead but not taken all 3 points.

They aren't a problem, the injury situation is the problem.

Just because it is going on longer than any of us would like, doesn't mean it can be discounted.

Nobody is ignoring the injury situation, but given how long it's gone on and what seems like a fairly settled team for now, you'd think the manager would see that his system doesn't work for the available players.

Too stubborn to change or too inept to adapt. Which is it?

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

This about sums it up.

Your thoughts are being strongly echoed at length on P3 OF CTO's QP match thread, when those mild mannered guys start posting on Dodd's capabilities, or lack of, then I would say the situation is serious.

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Your thoughts are being strongly echoed at length on P3 OF CTO's QP match thread, when those mild mannered guys start posting on Dodd's capabilities, or lack of, then I would say the situation is serious.

Gardiner won’t sack his pal though.

3 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

If we’re playing good football and winning I don’t think his son being involved is a crime. Alex Ferguson got his son an undeserved premier league medal but it’s one of them, everyone’s happy and doing well, we’ll let that one go. 

Maybe his son is a good coach and contributing well. Perhaps he is pish and shouldn’t be there 🤣

Aye. In general, it’s working. Not going to win every week and we’ll throw in the odd stinker. Even when it’s not going particularly well, you can generally see what we’re trying to do, though. We’re far exceeding where I thought we’d be in terms of style and points accrued.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Charlie in his interview did indeed concede he had played the guy on, who still had a job to do but did it well. Says a lot about Charlie’s integrity. After 10 weeks in recovery, seemed very odd to me that Coyle should want to mention that about the big man. 

I had a happenchance conversation last night with a former president of the club who mentioned that Coyle had made a “big investment” in Eze, both financially and personally. I’m also a bit uneasy about how he has worked his son, without explanation, into the first team coaching staff when he already has a position at YSP. Front and centre at that.

A 'big investment' in Eze?, well he wasn't in any way missed last night and the performance, (besides getting caught on the counter for the goal) was night and day compared with that against Cove.  Fox brought a composure and leadership that's been sadly missing lately (IMHO).  Other than that, highly impressed with Thomas, Jarrett and Thomson.  Special mention to Boateng who at one point single handedly broke up an ICT counter.