⚪ ⚫ 🕷 Queen's Park v The Caley 🔵 🔴

51 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

It's the same old story, we struggle to put the ball in the net. Should we not give Leigh Griffiths a chance, to prove that he can still put the ball in the net? I know he has a wee pas,t but he who is without sin let him cast the first stone.

It was a problem on Friday, but it’s not the general problem. We’ve played nineteen games and have only failed to score in three. Conceding twenty-three goals in fourteen games is a far, far bigger issue.

8 hours ago, Dooflick said:

It's the same old story, we struggle to put the ball in the net. Should we not give Leigh Griffiths a chance, to prove that he can still put the ball in the net? I know he has a wee pas,t but he who is without sin let him cast the first stone.

Looks like we score okay across the team, but the key players could be doing better…includes the League Cup games. 

image.thumb.png.6bb96b1f09710ac0de4fb231ed2a261b.png

^ our stats are not much better infront of goal, infact we have scored 5 goals less this season that QP.

Those highlighted are injured and unlikely to see any play on Sat. We are perhaps a little less shot shy overall, but with similar conversion rates, so perhaps nobody should be surprised if it ends 0-0.

Although when you consider we have a make-shift defence for much of the season due to injuries its still the 3rd best in the league and other than the 2 games where we conceded 4 a piece (PT & Morton), we statistically are actually pretty solid (would be the best in the league by far).

image.thumb.png.c7a4c206520f119ab703693c8f6c6990.png

20 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Should we not give Leigh Griffiths a chance, to prove that he can still put the ball in the net?

No. But we should be looking to bring in a striker in January. It's obvious we're missing someone who can come off the bench to make an impact, and we certainly don't have anyone capable of playing on their own up front if Murray has to come off.

On 09/11/2022 at 09:28, SandyCromarty said:

So it's Awfulview on Saturday and two hours standing on freezing terracing for away fans, no fuckin way am I doing a cove scenario straining to see the game.

Don't think it will be any warmer in the stand mate but a lot of QP fans would be more than happy to be on the terrracing instead

On 09/11/2022 at 14:28, Dooflick said:

It's the same old story, we struggle to put the ball in the net. 

Nah, our main struggle is keeping the ball out of our net. We've tossed away quite a few points this season from winning positions because of daft goals conceded. 

14 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Don't think it will be any warmer in the stand mate but a lot of QP fans would be more than happy to be on the terrracing instead

Terracing was fine in the 1890's, through the 20th century and up to the present days in a lot of stadiums but viewing a game is far more rewarding from an elevated position in the stand where you can see all of the players and how the game is flowing, TV games are always televised from above, there would be an outcry if the cameras were placed on terracing.

I've been following the development of the 2 phases of Lesser Hampden and a couple of questions, will there be provision for away fans parking at the stadium and like our stadium will there be a bar which away fans can access.

The Mount Florida area is a fuckin nightmare for parking, Asda was always a possibilty but it's a fair walk and I've usually paid for private parking at office car parks so wheeling up to the stadium would be good plus it's income for the club.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Terracing was fine in the 1890's, through the 20th century and up to the present days in a lot of stadiums but viewing a game is far more rewarding from an elevated position in the stand where you can see all of the players and how the game is flowing, TV games are always televised from above, there would be an outcry if the cameras were placed on terracing.

I've been following the development of the 2 phases of Lesser Hampden and a couple of questions, will there be provision for away fans parking at the stadium and like our stadium will there be a bar which away fans can access.

The Mount Florida area is a fuckin nightmare for parking, Asda was always a possibilty but it's a fair walk and I've usually paid for private parking at office car parks so wheeling up to the stadium would be good plus it's income for the club.

As far as I know we will be able to use the parking at Hampden so there will be lots of space for ICT fans. Stenhousemuir is altogether more difficult.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

and like our stadium will there be a bar which away fans can access.

We've been told our social club will be open as usual on match days so I'm assuming away fans will be welcome there like they were before.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The main car park at Hampden is fine Sandy, if there's not a big game on. It's used for Hampden staff, the museum etc. I've parked there for games at Lesser before.

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

As far as I know we will be able to use the parking at Hampden so there will be lots of space for ICT fans. Stenhousemuir is altogether more difficult.

Is that huge field behind Tryst Road not available these days?

22 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

We've been told our social club will be open as usual on match days so I'm assuming away fans will be welcome there like they were before.

Assuming you mean back home? For this week I had been planning the Station Hotel at Larbert as it seems to be the best pub in the area. IIRC there's a tiny bar under the main stand (Warriors?) and I think I was once in another one across the pitch.

Just now, The Mantis said:

The main car park at Hampden is fine Sandy, if there's not a big game on. It's used for Hampden staff, the museum etc. I've parked there for games at Lesser before.

Like most and yersel I've always been to Internationals at Hampden and parking plus getting a drink has been a fuckin nightmare, one time the wife and I ended up in a COS hall with cups of fuckin tea as the few bars in the area were jammed, the wife though was in her element and thought it was great, nightfuckinmare! so I'm glad that QP will provide what visiting supporters need, parking, beer and a win.

Btw I think I was at Hampden a few years ago for a really big game but I'm struggling to recall the outcome??????????????

Playing the spiders this week will be like squeezing plooks, sore as f**k but with a good result.

21 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Assuming you mean back home? For this week I had been planning the Station Hotel at Larbert as it seems to be the best pub in the area. IIRC there's a tiny bar under the main stand (Warriors?) and I think I was once in another one across the pitch.

Me and the old man are planning on the Station Hotel for a few jars before. Don’t think there’s much else nearby. 

Anyone know if you can pay by card at the pie hut? Just like to doublecheck as I got caught at Cappielow last year