⚪ ⚫ 🕷 Queen's Park v The Caley 🔵 🔴

I watched the game back against Cove and I thought that at times we played some really nice football, but we are so wasteful up front. And when you combine that with a complete inability to be even just competent at the back for 90 minutes, let alone shooting yourself in the foot at least once a week, it's not a good mix. 

I'd hope we could take advantage of Caleys squad issues, but I honestly don't know what version of QP we'll see after some very unpredictable performances and results recently.

11 hours ago, Dave said:

I watched the game back against Cove and I thought that at times we played some really nice football, but we are so wasteful up front. And when you combine that with a complete inability to be even just competent at the back for 90 minutes, let alone shooting yourself in the foot at least once a week, it's not a good mix. 

I'd hope we could take advantage of Caleys squad issues, but I honestly don't know what version of QP we'll see after some very unpredictable performances and results recently.

So much pressure on the attacking players to deliver. You wonder how much that starts to seep through in front of goal. They must know at the back of their minds that we very likely have to score more than one goal in order to win a game.

A poor result at Cove, but it was still a game we could have taken something from, despite blasting ourselves in the foot defensively. We should definitely have scored and it may well have been a different outcome if we had. If we stop playing tidy football and creating chances, I’ll start to worry. There’s a route to positive results for us if we just do the very basics properly.

9 hours ago, an86 said:

So much pressure on the attacking players to deliver. You wonder how much that starts to seep through in front of goal. They must know at the back of their minds that we very likely have to score more than one goal in order to win a game.

A poor result at Cove, but it was still a game we could have taken something from, despite blasting ourselves in the foot defensively. We should definitely have scored and it may well have been a different outcome if we had. If we stop playing tidy football and creating chances, I’ll start to worry. There’s a route to positive results for us if we just do the very basics properly.

The game against Cove definitely sent us back down to earth after how well we did against Dundee and Thistle. Still think we played well but we couldn’t take our chances, Cove defended really well and capitalised on the counter. Honestly if one goal went in before 2-0 we could’ve salvaged a result but we weren’t able to break them down. Meanwhile Defensively we weren’t at our best and Connor Scully took full advantage. Onto Saturday It’s another tough game at Ochilview against an Inverness side who despite having a depleted Squad and haven’t been great recently because of thier issues look to have slowly began to pick themselves up after their game against Arbroath. It’s a game where both teams will be looking to get all 3 points and the last time we played in the season opener, it was an fairly open game. Either team could’ve won it and I’m expecting the same situation again on Saturday.

I Honestly have no idea what Coyle’s gonna do with the lineup as it seems like we can’t have consistency with just the one formation. Thomas is slotting right back into the first 11 but who will make way for him. Both Savoury and McPake looked decent offensively on Friday but Thomas has arguably been our best wide player this season. Don’t know if Eze is ok after the Concussion he got (please correct me if anyone knows he’s ok) but he didn’t play well against Cove and we don’t want to risk him getting hurt more so possibly put Bannon CB and get Davidson back at RB or potentially get Fox in the starting lineup since he’s recovered and got minutes for Young QP midweek but we’ll probably see him come on for a sub appearance. We definitely need to get as many points as we can before January so (with Caution) this would be my 11:

Ferrie

Davidson Kilday Bannon Robson

Boateng Thomson

Thomas Savoury McPake

Murray 

Bit harsh on Jarrett who’s been brilliant for the past couple of weeks and it’ll be close between him and Grant Savoury but I just think Savoury will get the nod over him. If Eze or Fox are 100% fit then one of them will replace Bannon as Kilday’s been brilliant this season. Honestly have no idea how this game will go but to know how close the Championship is top to Bottom, there’s pressure on both teams to get the 3 points. We’ll probably go 1-0 up before a Second half equaliser from Caley Thistle denies QP and the points will be shared.

QP 1-1 ICTFC

Safe travels to the Inverness and QP fans having to travel to Ochilview for a 5:30 kickoff. It’s frustrating how the club can be such a mess on the inside yet look like a Competent team on the pitch. Anyway Enjoy the rest of your week and the match on Saturday.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Can you PATG?

There’s usually a PATG option for fans but the club don’t announce it. There was one at our last ‘home’ game against Dundee but that was due to the office being closed but there has been PATG at other games at Ochilview.

As ever hoping for some of the wounded to return. If we play like against Arbroath & Morton we will loose. A combination or poor tactics and having just too many supporting players means we don't have creativity in the final third and lack strength to enforce in the midfield.

Ideally, I'd like to see us make a change and put Caron in the middle of the park and try another RB option with the hope he can provide a bit of protection to the centre of defence and win some 50/50 balls in midfield.

On sat we looked good for 10 mins at the start of the 2nd half moving the ball about well and Arborath couldn't cope but after the mistake to equalise it was us that seemed to collapse and confidence left with reverting to type of punting the ball aimlessly around.

With Ayr & Dundee the next 2 games, we realistically could be looking at run of 1 point from 12, so really need to get something against QP.

Edited by bdu98196

9 hours ago, h_w7864 said:

There’s usually a PATG option for fans but the club don’t announce it. There was one at our last ‘home’ game against Dundee but that was due to the office being closed but there has been PATG at other games at Ochilview.

Thanks.

Queens Park seem to be very keen to make it as difficult as possible for fans to actually attend games.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

So it's Awfulview on Saturday and two hours standing on freezing terracing for away fans, no fuckin way am I doing a cove scenario straining to see the game.

Considering as its PATG and if you were so inclined that you wanted/needed a seat in the stand, just buy a ticket for the 'home' end, be surprised if it would be 'sold out'? Just don't start any rucks with the Spiders young team as you'll be outnumbered (maybe)!!!

Edited by bdu98196

Just now, bdu98196 said:

Considering as its PATG and if you were so included that you wanted/needed a seat in the stand, just buy a ticket for the 'home' end, be surprised if it would be 'sold out'? Just don't start any rucks with the Spiders young team as you'll be outnumbered (maybe)!!!

Probably would not attend as I am still recovering from a bout of scurvy.

The Spiders website clearly states the stand is reserved for 'Home' fans as follows:

We will be using the main South Stand for Queen’s fans.

Inverness Caley Thistle fans will be in the Tryst Terrace.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Probably would not attend as I am still recovering from a bout of scurvy.

The Spiders website clearly states the stand is reserved for 'Home' fans as follows:

We will be using the main South Stand for Queen’s fans.

Inverness Caley Thistle fans will be in the Tryst Terrace.

Away cans are able to buy tickets in the South Stand if you need to. Just need to call the office: 01416321275

I see we’re streaming it and doing so for free for ST holders/members. Fair play. Think it’s only fair that folk who aren’t in the position to go are able to watch it and not be out of pocket for doing so. I’ve not been to a home game since Raith, so it’s a welcome development.

It’s still early in the season, but I’m resetting my expectations. The early promise has mugged as all. We’ve some good individuals who have added a sheen of lustre but too often the dynamic of a team is missing. We can’t expect the better players to be better every week. Sadly, we only have two games left against the other Thistle. 

So, I’m predicting a handsome 3-0 win for The Caley, allowing me to be delighted with a mediocre 1-1 draw. It’s a plan Baldrick would be proud of.

On 08/11/2022 at 11:06, an86 said:

It's the same old story, we struggle to put the ball in the net. Should we not give Leigh Griffiths a chance, to prove that he can still put the ball in the net? I know he has a wee pas,t but he who is without sin let him cast the first stone.

31 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

It's the same old story, we struggle to put the ball in the net. Should we not give Leigh Griffiths a chance, to prove that he can still put the ball in the net? I know he has a wee pas,t but he who is without sin let him cast the first stone.

The same guy that scored one goal from open play in eleven odd games in league 1 last season ? 

He looked totally done when he played against us last season. His talent in unquestionable but his professionalism stinks