Crisis ridden Glasgow Rangers vs Robbie Nielson’s resurgent Heart of Midlothian

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

That was boring as f**k. Spent the whole game just chatting with my mate and observing the ref (I think Beaton?) give Rangers absolutely everything to a laughable degree. If in doubt, free kick to Rangers! Rangers lose possession, free kick to Rangers!

Anyway. Next.

Fitba's strange, I was accusing him of giving everything to Hearts.

Every decision went Rangers way did it 😂 It’s funny how opinions change depending on the team you support.

We were awarded a whole 2 more fouls than Hearts yet picked up 3 times as many bookings. The decision not to book Sibbick was one of the most mind-boggling decisions not to book someone I’ve seen.

13 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Had we had the lad from Wigan fit it would have helped us get a bit more done up top. Time to move on to the Livi lions, you could say the WC is coming at the wrong time for us!😡

Have you had injuries? You'd think it would have been mentioned somewhere...

19 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Had we had the lad from Wigan fit it would have helped us get a bit more done up top. Time to move on to the Livi lions, you could say the WC is coming at the wrong time for us!😡

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Have you had injuries? You'd think it would have been mentioned somewhere...

It looks like the problemis is dysentery in the camp, Granda..

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Every decision went Rangers way did it 😂 It’s funny how opinions change depending on the team you support.

We were awarded a whole 2 more fouls than Hearts yet picked up 3 times as many bookings. The decision not to book Sibbick was one of the most mind-boggling decisions not to book someone I’ve seen.

You picked up more bookings because the ones you got were absolutely nailed on. King and Kent especially were textbook bookings. And the one Halliday got was a blatant dive from Tillman.

Also, the fact you only had 2 more fouls is part of the problem. I can think of about 5 blatant fouls off the top of my head that weren't given, nothing major but it's easy for Beaton to ignore it and allow the game to continue which is annoying as f**k as opposition teams just don't get that at Ibrox.

33 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

You picked up more bookings because the ones you got were absolutely nailed on. King and Kent especially were textbook bookings. And the one Halliday got was a blatant dive from Tillman.

Also, the fact you only had 2 more fouls is part of the problem. I can think of about 5 blatant fouls off the top of my head that weren't given, nothing major but it's easy for Beaton to ignore it and allow the game to continue which is annoying as f**k as opposition teams just don't get that at Ibrox.

And the Sibbick one wasn't nailed on? 🤣 That actually led to one of our bookings where Barisic was cautioned for complaining to the ref about how bad a call it was to compound the error.

It's being made out as some sort of stitch up from the ref when in reality fans see what they want to see. It's not as if Hearts weren't let away with stuff as well. The Sibbick one above and Gordon probably should've been booked for time wasting as well.

ETA: For balance, I can think of 2 instances where I thought Hearts could've had a free kick that wasn't given. One on Atkinson on the main stand touchline and then one on Ginnelly in the middle of the park. If you are then going to talk about fouls for diving then you also need to include the foul Smith got for collapsing when Kent was chasing him down in the corner in the final 5 mins.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

We were talking about this at the game. It was classic OF away refereeing. Nothing really major, no huge decisions. Just the constant drip of not getting fouls we should get, leading to us being under pressure because we can't keep the ball.

It was the same in the 1-1 draw at Ibrox last season. Rangers' opener came after a succession of corners that came about from us not getting two obvious fouls in the Rangers half in about ten seconds, allowing them to break. In that break the referee gave Rangers a foul when Hagi kicked the floor. Instead of us having possession in their half, they have a free-kick forty yards from our goal. From which they get a corner, then another corner, and the crowd get going and the atmosphere changes. Two minutes later, Rangers score.

I understand why it happens, and it happens all over the world. Big team player shoves the visitor off the ball, or clips him in a way that would usually be a free-kick, it's mentally very easy for the referee to just think 'He's a better player, he won the ball, play on'. And obviously that meets approval from the crowd.

It's these things that kill the visitors.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

If the SFA sanction Neilson for that they'd have to do the same to Baby Jock for his similar outburst and they would never move against Celtic.

Neilson is a right bitter b*st*rd. I liked his comment on BBC praising his fans for staying right to the end. Presumably he doesn't know that they're not allowed to leave.

Edited by kingjoey