Crisis ridden Glasgow Rangers vs Robbie Nielson’s resurgent Heart of Midlothian

It is a truth universally acknowledged that at any point in the Scottish season one or other of the old firm is “in crisis”. Right now it’s our hosts turn having dropped 5 points from the last 21. More excitable hearts supporters will have convinced themselves that they smell blood and that Rangers are there for the taking and we’re definitely looking stronger than we did when we collapsed against them at Tynecastle but this is still a big ask.

Hope springs eternal though and if we can frustrate them long enough to turn the Ibrox atmosphere toxic against them then you never know. 

and if Rangers take 3 points we can just blame it on the anti-Celtic conspiracy 

I see Rangers had 20 corners on Sunday. St Johnstone have a central defence, so can deal with that. If Rangers get five corners against us, they'll score twice. We cannot defend cross balls at the moment.

Motherwell had chances from them on Sunday, even at 11 v 11, and we've been a horror show defending from them for months now. Ross County and RFS both especially hair-raising in that regard recently.

Rangers by at least three, for me.

Livi is the big one this week.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Robbie Mourinho will have Hearts at their cynical best and I can see the fans getting on the teams back if things aren't going well.  Like our last few games,  our defence is there for the taking and we'll concede a few.

Rangers 2   .  Hearts 3

Not confident (Hearts fan) we don't usually do much at Ibrox in general tbh, although you never know, if Rowles and Halkett are back in from the start and we can keep it tight fisrst half then its possible to frustrate rangers and take something from the game, if we were to get a point I would take it and run tbh, our record there really is atrocious, although not as bad as at Celtic Park mind you.

2 hours ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Not confident (Hearts fan) we don't usually do much at Ibrox in general tbh, although you never know, if Rowles and Halkett are back in from the start and we can keep it tight fisrst half then its possible to frustrate rangers and take something from the game, if we were to get a point I would take it and run tbh, our record there really is atrocious, although not as bad as at Celtic Park mind you.

12 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Thanks for the clarification, RudiSkacel51.

😀

2 hours ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

I'd be keeping Halkett away from this one. We've got a big run coming up after the break, and I see the reward/risk for playing him tomorrow as not worth it.

Rowles seems to be available, and with the kind of injury he had, it should be fine from an injury point of view to play him. Question is whether he's sharp enough for Rangers away at this point. If possible, I'd play him though. As I said above, we're going to have huge problems with Rangers from cross balls.

12 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'd be keeping Halkett away from this one. We've got a big run coming up after the break, and I see the reward/risk for playing him tomorrow as not worth it.

Rowles seems to be available, and with the kind of injury he had, it should be fine from an injury point of view to play him. Question is whether he's sharp enough for Rangers away at this point. If possible, I'd play him though. As I said above, we're going to have huge problems with Rangers from cross balls.

Rowles is wanting to play against Kylian Mbappé in a fortnight's time so he needs game time

Agree on Halkett. I was really hoping to see him back by now, but we only have 2 games before the break and then he can get another decent bit rest followed by a mini pre season when we go to Spain. Absolutely no point involving him now unless all concerns are completely gone.