Livi v the Dons

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Not quite sure how the Dons contrived to lose that tonight.  
Livi by far & away the better team for half an hour & deservedly ahead,

For the last 69 minutes (injury time included), Dons dominated.

As for VAR, they need to stop the play sooner for the penalty checks. 
Livi’s penalty was given after Aberdeen had been on a dangerous counter attack & but for a rugby tackle from Nicky Devlin on Duk, they may have ended up scoring. 
Cue fucking chaos.

And it still wouldn't have counted?

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Exactly, but that’s why they need to stop play quicker. It must’ve been a minute maybe before stopping play?

And your man Devlin got a yellow card too for the rugby tackle when Duk gave him the runaround.

Yeah, I initially thought that it was a penalty as there were a few claims from us at the time. It looked like the corner following it was somewhat delayed for a check to come in but it was waved away, but to then go back and give it is mental.

20 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Not quite sure how the Dons contrived to lose that tonight.  
Livi by far & away the better team for half an hour & deservedly ahead,

For the last 69 minutes (injury time included), Dons dominated.

As for VAR, they need to stop the play sooner for the penalty checks. 
Livi’s penalty was given after Aberdeen had been on a dangerous counter attack & but for a rugby tackle from Nicky Devlin on Duk, they may have ended up scoring. 
Cue fucking chaos.

Agree,play raging on for god knows how long then it all gets stopped,farcial..........

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Have to disagree, I thought he was one of the only ones making things happen for us and he even won the ball back a couple of times. We should never have brought him off, he can at least put in a good ball and he offers a goal threat.

In total agreement with this.

Martindale is the perfect fit for Livi. Supposedly he was pulling the strings when Holt was in charge. Remarkable job. They play some really nice football and are a tough team beat.

It'll be a very sad day when Duk is sold. I wonder how much he's realistically worth? 4 million? Possibly more? He's arguably our most valuable asset.

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Martindale is the perfect fit for Livi. Supposedly he was pulling the strings when Holt was in charge. Remarkable job. They play some really nice football and are a tough team beat.

It'll be a very sad day when Duk is sold. I wonder how much he's realistically worth? 4 million? Possibly more? He's arguably our most valuable asset.

I agree about Martindale.

Gets them punching above their weight consistently.

I get the feeling he wouldn’t be as effective though if he moved to a club like Aberdeen or Hibs/Hearts though. 

Recruits well too on a pittance 

That voice though… 😆

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Massive win for us...VAR was determined to invent a penalty for Aberdeen. The first 2 were right though but that last one was plain made up. Some fantastic saves by Shamal, not just the penalty save. Bahamboula was superb again, Aberdeen couldn't handle him in that first half.

Very strange match, my first with VAR. Nobody seemed to shout for any of the pens, appeared out of the blue. 

21 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aye, my Son said as much. We have a few fine players, quite a lot of dross, and a feckless manager who cannot take responsibility. Other than that, all good 😭

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I actually quite enjoyed that. Weird game of two halves. We were shocking in the first and Livi disappeared in the second. We didn't take our chances and that's why we got no points.

I'm the same as you. When the final whistle went the guy standing next to me went "dreadful" but in no way was it a dreadful overall performance. It's a long time since I've seen Aberdeen dominated a half like the second tonight. We should be coming away with a minimum of one point, probably three. But credit to Livi for scoring twice when they were dominating the opening spell of the match.

As far as the VAR system goes, it was mental tonight. Because the game had carried on for a while after the incidents, for the first two penalties we had no idea in who's favour the penalties were being looked at. There has to be better announcements at grounds where there are no screens. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Massive win for us...VAR was determined to invent a penalty for Aberdeen. The first 2 were right though but that last one was plain made up. Some fantastic saves by Shamal, not just the penalty save. Bahamboula was superb again, Aberdeen couldn't handle him in that first half.

Brilliant going forward but a complete liability defensively. A total throwback. Reminded me of some of the Moroccan lads you had around the mid 00's.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair, he's a diver. He was at it again tonight, Duk is fast becoming well known for it.

The guy Nouble is twice his size and goes down just as much. Usually in stages.

Game aside why on earth did the stadium announcer have to talk pretty much all the way through the demonstration by the Schools pipe band at half time?

Apart from being totally ignorant and disrespectful its not as if he had anything important to say.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Brilliant going forward but a complete liability defensively. A total throwback. Reminded me of some of the Moroccan lads you had around the mid 00's.

The guy Nouble is twice his size and goes down just as much. Usually in stages.

Bollocks he does, the amount of times Nouble gets fouled would see Duk never off his arse if he was fouled as much.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Game aside why on earth did the stadium announcer have to talk pretty much all the way through the demonstration by the Schools pipe band at half time?

Apart from being totally ignorant and disrespectful its not as if he had anything important to say.

I just blank him out, can never make out a word he says anyway.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

😂😂

Ok.

Aye you're on the wind up with that wild claim.

Nouble must be the most fouled player in the league, usually gets fuckall from the ref too because of his size. He's running along with 2 players hanging onto his arms or shirt and gets nothing. Refreshing to see him actually being given some fouls tonight though.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye you're on the wind up with that wild claim.

Nouble must be the most fouled player in the league, usually gets fuckall from the ref too because of his size. He's running along with 2 players hanging onto his arms or shirt and gets nothing. Refreshing to see him actually being given some fouls tonight though.

Three times he went down in installments this evening.

A bloke that size going down so easily is shameful.

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I'm the same as you. When the final whistle went the guy standing next to me went "dreadful" but in no way was it a dreadful overall performance. It's a long time since I've seen Aberdeen dominated a half like the second tonight. We should be coming away with a minimum of one point, probably three. But credit to Livi for scoring twice when they were dominating the opening spell of the match.

I only listened to the match on the radio and it sounded very entertaining.

The application of VAR is shambolic at the moment, and it's inevitable that the one team is going to score and it's going to be ruled out because of a positive penalty check at the other end.

However, I suspect that VAR is making the games more exciting at present because of its tendancy to give penalties every 20 minutes at either end.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Three times he went down in installments this evening.

A bloke that size going down so easily is shameful.

Yeah because he was trying to stay on his feet when off balance, nae chance Duk would do that, he'd be straight onto the deck like a sack of spuds being dropped. Seriously, Nouble could get 10 times the fouls he gets if he would just go down on the deck, but because of his strength he usually powers on while towing a couple of opposition players. Anybody that has watched him regularly will tell you the same.