Livi v the Dons

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

We probably deserved a point, Livingston just weren’t in that game at all in the second half but if you give teams a 2-0 head start and miss penalties right on HT you are unlikely to pick up anything 

3 points absolutely essential on Saturday 

Absolutely. A 2-0 head start was too much.

But i've not seen many defeats in which we've battered the other team more. Bar 20 minutes we dominated.

Draw probably would have been fair but absolute minkit defending and being 2 down after 20 mins means you probably deserve to lose. Stewart is a total bombscare, McCrorie was signed as a midfielder, scales is on loan, Richardson can't play in a 4 and coulson can't seem to play 2 games in a row. 

We will either dick Utd and go into the break on a high or lose and it'll be Goodwin out. This is where we are. 

Clarkson has been absolutely stinking tonight 
Needs hooked 

Have to disagree, I thought he was one of the only ones making things happen for us and he even won the ball back a couple of times. We should never have brought him off, he can at least put in a good ball and he offers a goal threat.

Massive win for us...VAR was determined to invent a penalty for Aberdeen. The first 2 were right though but that last one was plain made up. Some fantastic saves by Shamal, not just the penalty save. Bahamboula was superb again, Aberdeen couldn't handle him in that first half.

Fair play to Livingston for holding out.

Duk MOTM for me. Barron was so much better in the second half. Miovski needs off the pens.

Disappointing result however I expect us to bounce back against Dundee Utd and keep ourselves in 3rd spot during the WC break. Tough opening 2 fixtures after the WC against the OF coming up.

Hibs losing has eased the pain a little. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

The last time the team were at Livingston, can't recall if it was a Glass or Goodwin team - we were extremely timid, went 2-0 down - and then absolutely bossed the latter part of the game.  Final score 2-1. Nil pwa.

Good to know lessons have been learned.

As much as it pains me to admit it, the Dons actually look quite an exciting team ro watch. Plenty of pace and a midfield that wants to pass forward as much as possible.

Someone really needs to have a word in Duk's ear though as some of the diving is becoming tiresome.

Mental call from the sponsors to give Anderson man of the match. Got to be George, Obileye or Fitzwater for that performance in the second half. 

Excellent stuff from Bahamboula in the first half again, he's on great form at the moment. We were fortunate to hold on with that much pressure but delighted to record another 1 goal win. If we continue to put away chances, we will be in a very good position come Game 34. 

On the hand balls, I can see why all three were given but I think the rules need to change to give more leniency to the defenders or the number of penalties will become ridiculous.

Duk is scary good, I'll be surprised if Aberdeen hold on to him beyond the summer. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

He's had the ball a few times tonight, Devlin has rugby tackled him, the goalie has wiped him out and he's been hacked in midfield.

To be fair, he's a diver. He was at it again tonight, Duk is fast becoming well known for it.

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I apologise. It has reappeared on the stats now. 

We are an absolute bombscare at the back but if we can get a goal early in the end half I think we are right back in this game. 

Listening to the livi commentary and easily the fairest club TV I've heard so far, commentator appears to have done his research on both sides as well. Unlike that useless Tom miller w****r a week and a bit ago who insisted on referring to our number 10 as Bez UJ jen

I think one of the guys that does the commentary, the one with all the research, is a Falkirk fan. So fair play to him, probably helps him see the game without bias a bit.

Such an odd game. It is difficult to be too angry with the performance, other than the first twenty minutes, because we were completely dominant in the second half and probably created enough good-quality chances to win two games. We get at least a point from that nine times out of ten, but I suppose that’s the way it goes sometimes. Alas, we were not as clinical as previous weeks and that has cost us. Same weaknesses ultimately left us vulnerable - ragged at set-pieces, and taking a good portion of the first half to actually settle into the game.

I haven’t seen any of the penalties back, but it was all pretty laughable. I don’t think anybody even claimed for any of them in real time, other than perhaps Miovski at the third. 

Edited by DrewDon

Fucking hell what a result, wasn't good for the nerves though.

Thought we were going to get 3 or 4 in the first half, but we stopped pressing and just gave Aberdeen possession and time to bring it out from the back. When we were pressing them they were making mistakes all over the place. Would give Shamal MoTM, even in the first half he made several good saves before the double save at the first pen. Bit worried he keeps going down injured, and Fitz & Obileye having to take goal kicks, we're fucked if he goes out injured, brilliant in goals tonight. Great goal line clearance from Obileye too, really didn't think we'd hold out for the three points, absolute buzzing that we did.

Nobody claimed for a pen at any of the pens,it all felt farcial to be honest,especially the 3rd pen..........

Thought Livi were gonna blow Aberdeen away first 20 mins,then they steadily came into it and got a grip of the game .

A draw probably would hav been a fair result,don't know how the lad scooped that late effort over the bar .

Entertaining game as I thought it would be,played like a cup tie but by god,VAR is a carry on and then some.

Not quite sure how the Dons contrived to lose that tonight.  
Livi by far & away the better team for half an hour & deservedly ahead,

For the last 69 minutes (injury time included), Dons dominated.

As for VAR, they need to stop the play sooner for the penalty checks. 
Livi’s penalty was given after Aberdeen had been on a dangerous counter attack & but for a rugby tackle from Nicky Devlin on Duk, they may have ended up scoring. 
Cue fucking chaos.

37 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Massive win for us...VAR was determined to invent a penalty for Aberdeen. The first 2 were right though but that last one was plain made up. Some fantastic saves by Shamal, not just the penalty save. Bahamboula was superb again, Aberdeen couldn't handle him in that first half.

Plain made up?

I didn’t realise a defender could juggle the ball down his arm when clearing it.