Livi v the Dons

34 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

No idea how this will pan out but hoping for a 2-3. Miovski with a hat-trick of Duk won pelanties which should be enough goals to keep the Gorgie lads notifications busy and simultaneously stoke the Hib seethe.

Whatever the score its a given the Livi lads will be apoplectic about something trivial.

Opposition players diving usually does the trick.

So pen to Livi for Anderson doing a swan dive over Roos, throwing his trailing leg out to be clipped.

41 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

You haven't seen much of Hayden Coulson then. 

I like Coulson going forward but his game is definitely suspect defensively. Looks more an attacking midfielder than a defender.

We'll know how this game will pan out once the starting 11 is announced. Will Martindale be brave enough to set us up as an attack minded force.Would love it,but suspect not.If that is the case I'd hope we could take something from this despite the fact we're at home.Mon the Lions 🦁.

55 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Not sure why people think we'll play the ultra-defensive OF setup against Aberdeen when we haven't done it against them at all for the last 4 seasons.

3-3, Anderson and Duk hat tricks. Goodwin to get another ban for being rude about the pitch

Maybe, but if he rests Anderson due to being ultra cautious with him, as he's been since coming back from his injuries, then we're likely to see Nouble start up front, same as we did against the erse cheeks, then it all kinda falls into a defensive shape after that with a packed midfield and Pittman supporting Nouble. 

14 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

With the absolute nick of Aberdeen's defence, I doubt he'd be daft enough to do that.

It's true they score goals. But they score goals at home, and their full-backs and central defence are very poor.

I guess I must have imagined that your mob failed to breach that defence recently 

1 hour ago, Sheep62 said:

I guess I must have imagined that your mob failed to breach that defence recently 

We didn't though. We missed four absolute sitters.

Your defence was breached with no problem at all, because it is shite.

The fact that Cochrane (left with an open goal a few yards out), Snodgrass (played in on goal expertly by your centre-half), and Shankland (twice left free right in front of goal) missed the chances they had does not mean your defence is good.

And since you lost four at Tannadice and Ibrox, and three at Hibs and at home to Motherwell, I don't think that game seems much of an outlier. You just got lucky that Hearts had an off-day in front of goal.

Edited by VincentGuerin

15 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We don't. We play Nouble/Bahamboula wide with Anderson in the middle. It's more of a 4123/433 with Kelly/Holt as a DM. 

We won't actually lineup with that though, Martindale will set us up defensively and try shitfest a draw/nick a goal. We'll play something like a 541 with Nouble up front on his own and just sit back and let you attack a low block while we just play off the counter. 

I can see us relying on Montano/Devlin bombing up the wings

If this doesn't whet the appetite then nothing will. Hoping we can get an early goal to ruin the game plan, although then that will undoubtedly lead to us conceding but at least we'll get some entertainment. Big test for us I think. 1-3 Dandies. 

Side note - Any recommendations for food and a pint before the game?

5 minutes ago, BrodieJ12 said:

If this doesn't whet the appetite then nothing will. Hoping we can get an early goal to ruin the game plan, although then that will undoubtedly lead to us conceding but at least we'll get some entertainment. Big test for us I think. 1-3 Dandies. 

...Edinburgh

42 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

The fact that Cochrane (left with an open goal a few yards out), Snodgrass (played in on goal expertly by your centre-half), and Shankland (twice left free right in front of goal) missed the chances they had does not mean your defence is good.

And since you lost four at Tannadice and Ibrox, and three at Hibs and at home to Motherwell, I don't think that game seems much of an outlier. You just got lucky that Hearts had an off-day in front of goal.

This is correct, that although we managed to keep a clean sheet against Hearts that Sunday it was due to the impotency of Hearts attack rather our defensive resoluteness  in as far as there was a number of sitters missed by the away team.

I don't think even the most ardent of Dons fan can truthfully say he has any faith in us keeping a clean sheet against any opposition.

If I was the Livingston manager, I would be on the front foot and testing our defensive flanks as much as possible. Having said that, we're scoring freely at home and I think it's only a matter of time before we score 3 or 4 in a league match away from home.

The Saltire (two mins from Livi North station) used to do a pretty decent spread; if driving then the Livi Inn was good but service could be very slow so arrive early (about 10 mins from the ground).

Plenty of places to eat in the centre but most of the pubs have a ban about colours on the premises.

As mentions the Almondvale suite is okay (right under the south stand), if a little soulless, but they normally have sky sport on plus, once it fills up, the atmosphere's not bad.

Finally the club usually do a guest pie; tonight's is the doner meat and chilli sauce - they're fantastic but bring a bib.

On 07/11/2022 at 13:23, LIVIFOREVER said:

If i'm being honest, this would be shuge for us if we win.

Hopefully we start with Bahamboula, Anderson & Nouble up front again, only changes i'd make from the Killie line up is maybe bringing Holt back in and dropping St Kelly, and Montano back in dropping Jacko.

Would like Omeonga starting too but don't know who we'd drop for him, Pitts & L Kelly are strong players for us, and only other option would be sacrificing Bahamboula, which i really don't want us to do.

Agree 100% we definitely missed Holt in the midfield against Killie to begin with and Montano's introduction completely changed the game for us. 

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

With us playing 3 games in 8 days before the break for the WC, i'm also wondering if Martindale will bench Anderson for this, not wanting to risk playing him, and save him for the Hearts game.

I'd go out and try take the 3 points in tonight's game with an attacking formation and shitfest the weekend away to hearts.

George

Devlin-Obileye-Fitzwater-Montano

Holt-Se. Kelly-Pittman

Bahamboula-Anderson-Nouble

The Saltire (two mins from Livi North station) used to do a pretty decent spread; if driving then the Livi Inn was good but service could be very slow so arrive early (about 10 mins from the ground).
Plenty of places to eat in the centre but most of the pubs have a ban about colours on the premises.
As mentions the Almondvale suite is okay (right under the south stand), if a little soulless, but they normally have sky sport on plus, once it fills up, the atmosphere's not bad.
Finally the club usually do a guest pie; tonight's is the doner meat and chilli sauce - they're fantastic but bring a bib.

Those pies sound the absolute business btw [emoji3526]

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Agree 100% we definitely missed Holt in the midfield against Killie to begin with and Montano's introduction completely changed the game for us. 

I'd go out and try take the 3 points in tonight's game with an attacking formation and shitfest the weekend away to hearts.

George

Devlin-Obileye-Fitzwater-Montano

Holt-Se. Kelly-Pittman

Bahamboula-Anderson-Nouble

Yep that's prob our strongest starting XI.

5 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

What's the normal P&B phrase for this? Is it "still hurting"?