Livi v the Dons

If i'm being honest, this would be shuge for us if we win.

Hopefully we start with Bahamboula, Anderson & Nouble up front again, only changes i'd make from the Killie line up is maybe bringing Holt back in and dropping St Kelly, and Montano back in dropping Jacko.

Would like Omeonga starting too but don't know who we'd drop for him, Pitts & L Kelly are strong players for us, and only other option would be sacrificing Bahamboula, which i really don't want us to do.

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

L Kelly

If only! 

I agree on Holt coming back in, hopefully. I was surprised he was dropped for the Killie match as I thought he was good against Celtic. Also agree on Omeonga, I'd love to see him come into the team but as you say, maybe unlikely.

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

If only! 

I agree on Holt coming back in, hopefully. I was surprised he was dropped for the Killie match as I thought he was good against Celtic. Also agree on Omeonga, I'd love to see him come into the team but as you say, maybe unlikely.

Too many Kelly's been in our team, just need a Ned now, to do a stand and deliver on the 3pts tomorrow.

With us playing 3 games in 8 days before the break for the WC, i'm also wondering if Martindale will bench Anderson for this, not wanting to risk playing him, and save him for the Hearts game. Wouldn't surprise me if we go with Nouble up front again, and have Bahamboula on the bench too, so we can play Omeonga as an extra midfielder. Which would mean we're going for shitfesting a 1-0 win. We'd at least have Anderson and Bahamboula on the bench to bring on for a plan B if it wasn't going to plan.

Aberdeen have scored a lot of goals too and Martindale is well known for setting us up to counter the opposition's goal threats, meaning he sacrifices some of our attacking players for defensive ones.

Shite pitch. 
Well organised Livi team.

This will be a hard game for the Dons.

I don’t think a draw would be a disaster IF we get three points at home to Dundee Utd.

Aberdeen have shitfested their way to a few wins at Livi. 
I’m not sure this Dons team are capable of shitfesting a dogged win.

I’m not overly optimistic of a Dons win.

Anderson is a good bet to score too. 

I’ll say 1-1. 

There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about our team at the moment, but I don't think a draw here would be a disaster if we can back it up with another home win against Dundee United on Saturday. 

I do wonder if Goodwin will be tempted to restore McCrorie to midfield for this and go with a back four. His physicality and presence was really important in the 5-0, although Livingston playing more than half the game a man down undoubtedly simplified things for us. If he sticks with a back three and Ramadani is the deepest-lying midfielder, it will be a big game for him in terms of stepping up and really exerting some control. 

Any sort of win here would be very welcome and arguably our most impressive result of the season to date.

14 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about our team at the moment, but I don't think a draw here would be a disaster if we can back it up with another home win against Dundee United on Saturday. 

I do wonder if Goodwin will be tempted to restore McCrorie to midfield for this and go with a back four. His physicality and presence was really important in the 5-0, although Livingston playing more than half the game a man down undoubtedly simplified things for us. If he sticks with a back three and Ramadani is the deepest-lying midfielder, it will be a big game for him in terms of stepping up and really exerting some control. 

Any sort of win here would be very welcome and arguably our most impressive result of the season to date.

He’ll stick with a back 3, especially if Livi play Nouble & Anderson, which I think they will.

Livi play a 4-3-1-2.

Our 3-1-4-2 might match up quite well with that? 
Our back 3 have a man spare.  
Our “1” (Ramadani) will be in & about their “1”. 
And further forward we have 4 on their 3. 

33 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He’ll stick with a back 3, especially if Livi play Nouble & Anderson, which I think they will.

Livi play a 4-3-1-2.

Our 3-1-4-2 might match up quite well with that? 
Our back 3 have a man spare.  
Our “1” (Ramadani) will be in & about their “1”. 
And further forward we have 4 on their 3. 

We don't. We play Nouble/Bahamboula wide with Anderson in the middle. It's more of a 4123/433 with Kelly/Holt as a DM. 

We won't actually lineup with that though, Martindale will set us up defensively and try shitfest a draw/nick a goal. We'll play something like a 541 with Nouble up front on his own and just sit back and let you attack a low block while we just play off the counter. 

I can see us relying on Montano/Devlin bombing up the wings

Edited by ATLIS

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

With us playing 3 games in 8 days before the break for the WC, i'm also wondering if Martindale will bench Anderson for this, not wanting to risk playing him, and save him for the Hearts game. Wouldn't surprise me if we go with Nouble up front again, and have Bahamboula on the bench too, so we can play Omeonga as an extra midfielder. Which would mean we're going for shitfesting a 1-0 win. We'd at least have Anderson and Bahamboula on the bench to bring on for a plan B if it wasn't going to plan.

Aberdeen have scored a lot of goals too and Martindale is well known for setting us up to counter the opposition's goal threats, meaning he sacrifices some of our attacking players for defensive ones.

With the absolute nick of Aberdeen's defence, I doubt he'd be daft enough to do that.

It's true they score goals. But they score goals at home, and their full-backs and central defence are very poor.

That isn't correct. We play a system which sometimes leaves them vulnerable, but all the regular individuals bar Richardson are at least adequate players for the majority of what they will encounter at this level. 

(They will all have howlers tomorrow now that I have said this.)

No idea how this will pan out but hoping for a 2-3. Miovski with a hat-trick of Duk won pelanties which should be enough goals to keep the Gorgie lads notifications busy and simultaneously stoke the Hib seethe.

Whatever the score its a given the Livi lads will be apoplectic about something trivial.