Hibernian v Ross County (8/11/22)

At a ground we have a relative degree of success at given the stature of the two clubs, the Staggies venture to Edinburgh in an attempt to claim back to back wins for the first time since early March. However, Hibs’ scoreline on Friday was fairly harsh and I think they’ll be out to make amends tomorrow night.

The change in shape was definitely beneficial on Saturday, giving us a large majority of control in the match and I’d be surprised and slightly disappointed if we shifted away from the 3/5 at the back. Especially when you consider that this is a game we are likely to have the minority of the ball. This is probably how I think we should set up:

Eastwood

Owura-Johnson-Watson-Iacovitti-Harmon

Tillson-Loturi

Dhanda

White-Hiwula

I think a change in goals is probably fair. No doubt that Laidlaw has been struggling recently and it may be worth testing Eastwood’s mettle seeing as he’s not had a proper chance yet. Should Baldwin be available I’d start him in the centre of defence but Watson was excellent on Saturday. That being said, if Boyle is fit, him running against Watson does give me the fear. Johnson suits that centre half role brilliantly, giving Owura defensive support and allowing him to support our own attack. The balance in the midfield 3 is perfect - Tillson’s dig, Loturi’s ability to keep the game ticking and Dhanda’s creativity. We then have White and Hiwula up front who are two targets to hit and would give us a benchmark to work off of.

I don’t think it is wide of the mark to suggest we can get something from this game as performances have improved slightly over the past few weeks. I’d snap your hand off for a point. I will plump for a 1-1.

7 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

At a ground we have a relative degree of success at given the stature of the two clubs, the Staggies venture to Edinburgh in an attempt to claim back to back wins for the first time since early March. However, Hibs’ scoreline on Friday was fairly harsh and I think they’ll be out to make amends tomorrow night.

The change in shape was definitely beneficial on Saturday, giving us a large majority of control in the match and I’d be surprised and slightly disappointed if we shifted away from the 3/5 at the back. Especially when you consider that this is a game we are likely to have the minority of the ball. This is probably how I think we should set up:

Eastwood

Owura-Johnson-Watson-Iacovitti-Harmon

Tillson-Loturi

Dhanda

White-Hiwula

I think a change in goals is probably fair. No doubt that Laidlaw has been struggling recently and it may be worth testing Eastwood’s mettle seeing as he’s not had a proper chance yet. Should Baldwin be available I’d start him in the centre of defence but Watson was excellent on Saturday. That being said, if Boyle is fit, him running against Watson does give me the fear. Johnson suits that centre half role brilliantly, giving Owura defensive support and allowing him to support our own attack. The balance in the midfield 3 is perfect - Tillson’s dig, Loturi’s ability to keep the game ticking and Dhanda’s creativity. We then have White and Hiwula up front who are two targets to hit and would give us a benchmark to work off of.

I don’t think it is wide of the mark to suggest we can get something from this game as performances have improved slightly over the past few weeks. I’d snap your hand off for a point. I will plump for a 1-1.

Definitely much improved in most aspects over the last 2½ games, although our tendency to concede soft goals is not one of them. I think we're probably going to need to score twice to take something from the game so a point would be a decent effort.

Been very loose in possession so far, Hibs picking up lots of misplaced passes in our own half.

Ref letting a lot of minor stuff go so far.