Red Litchies vs Toonsers

We were in relative control of the game and put together probably our best hour of football in the past 5/6 weeks until we took off the two players who get us up the park. With Bobby Linn and Scott Allan off the pitch, we ended up being pushed so far back, with Cove knowing they could fire everything up with no danger in their own half..... by all means when we're already pushed back and under the cosh, take these players off and shore things up but f**k me when we're on top and in control of the game, taking them off and inviting the opposition onto us makes no sense.

I didn't think anyone had a poor game today, and thought several players who have been struggling upped their levels - no complaints with any of the starting 11 today. Changing 50% of the outfield players when that's the case just doesn't make sense to me.

An entertaining game and a draw probably fair. That said, we could certainly have ground out a win if the substitutions hadn’t thrown the shape out. Bobby’s rage at being subbed for Corfe was completely understandable.
I thought both Allan and Jacobs were good today as was Oakley.
There’s only logic in making subs when you have better players on the bench and you need to change something. We needed minor adjustments like Hilson for Shanks. The rest were baffling.

It's been said before but why take off Linn and replace him with Corfe who has shown nothing whenever he has been on. We sat back and tried to hang on instead of going for another goal. But my biggest frustration is their is never anyone on the right wing. Let's have a winger please.

Campbell's an arrogant smart-arsed clown who's lost the plot.

His behaviour, screaming in Bobby Linn's face when he's just been subbed, is totally unacceptable.  If the Board is doing its job properly,  he should be disciplined. Bullying shouldn't be tolerated and that’s exactly what Dick is.

Great to hear some of the home fans in the stand calling him out !!

Edited by DUAFC

Yes we invited Cove to grab a point with these subs, as soon as the three of them were subbed we had no creativity left on the field. Was Oakley injured? can think of no other sane reason. i thought he was having a great game.

Cove definitely deserved a draw and you could sense a goal was coming.

We lost all width when Linn and Oakley went off. Couldn’t help Oakley as it was an injury (i think and hope) but Linn should have stayed on for the 90. Bring on Isiaka as a straight swap for Shanks and keep the shape. As it was, we were just inviting Cove onto us and it was pretty inevitable that they would score once we tried to try and preserve the single goal lead.

Why oh why does Dick think that the same ultra conservative tactics and crap subs week in week out is suddenly going to work?

It’s like fecking ground hog day.

“The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.”

Edited by Tattie36

24 minutes ago, keptie said:

Yes we invited Cove to grab a point with these subs, as soon as the three of them were subbed we had no creativity left on the field. Was Oakley injured? can think of no other sane reason. i thought he was having a great game.

Cove definitely deserved a draw and you could sense a goal was coming.

Oakley wasn't injured. As he walked off he just looked at McKenna and shrugged his shoulders. 

Yet another inexplicable and totally bizarre decision, as Oakley was superb today,  posing a real threat. 

16 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Oakley wasn't injured. As he walked off he just looked at McKenna and shrugged his shoulders. 

Yet another inexplicable and totally bizarre decision, as Oakley was superb today,  posing a real threat. 

Well in that case taking him off was incomprehensible, as he was as you say superb today.

Today was a couple of levels down from last week's performance against Queen's Park. We got into some dangerous areas and threatened at times throughout the first half especially and sporadically in the second half but our final touch/pass/delivery and quality was non-existent.

Pitch and conditions were not a factor; actually thought the surface looked great and conducive to passing football.

Second half was almost a non event with little happening at both ends and time just drifting away. 2 of our 3 good chances but both fell to Blair who notoriously doesn't threaten the target often. A breakaway one on one Gaston saved and another he skied over the bar

Thought Arbroath were going to see it out if I'm honest. Blair an unlikely scorer, especially after his misses, to take what felt like a deserved point.

After the McKenna free header at the back post, the biggest worry for Arbroath fans must be only hitting the target once thereafter.

Taking Linn off was a completely baffling decision. From reading the Litchies thread and watching past highlights it seems the norm he's getting subbed off early. Surely not fitness related. 37 but looks like he's easily got 90 minutes in him. Corfe isn't half the player. Both he and Oakley were the threats from wide. 

The Ref & linesman cost us the 3 points today pure & simple 🇱🇻⚽💪🔥 Absolutely Honking and potentially the worst officiating I have ever seen at a game 💩💩💩 I could be here all day on how poor he was and Cove I am sure will feel aggrieved at some of his bizarre decisions too but surely the worst one was the Gold penalty when he wins the header in the box and takes a full boot in the face right in front of the ref and has to go off, Incredible how a penalty was never given whilst the linesman just stands there like a gormless stupid idiot, The levels in Scotland are atrocious and today was a shambles and bordering on an embarrassment, Credit to Cove and there 120 fans for battling back for a point but we should and could have been well out of sight by that point. Good to see Blair Yule & Leighton Mcintosh again 🇱🇻⚽🔥💪 both great servants to the Smokies in there time at Gayfield  

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

The way the second half went yesterday just felt inevitable Cove would eventually score, so when they did it was more of a that was coming feeling, but on reflection what a massive/shite goal to lose. We would have been within 2 points of them going down to a miserable thistle side looking to get something and potentially of been up to 8th by next weekend. We all see what a couple of results can do in the table.

The Ref & linesman cost us the 3 points today pure & simple [emoji1145][emoji460]️[emoji123][emoji91] Absolutely Honking and potentially the worst officiating I have ever seen at a game [emoji90][emoji90][emoji90] I could be here all day on how poor he was and Cove I am sure will feel aggrieved at some of his bizarre decisions too but surely the worst one was the Gold penalty when he wins the header in the box and takes a full boot in the face right in front of the ref and has to go off, Incredible how a penalty was never given whilst the linesman just stands there like a gormless stupid idiot, The levels in Scotland are atrocious and today was a shambles and bordering on an embarrassment, Credit to Cove and there 120 fans for battling back for a point but we should and could have been well out of sight by that point. Good to see Blair Yule & Leighton Mcintosh again [emoji1145][emoji460]️[emoji91][emoji123] both great servants to the Smokies in there time at Gayfield  

You can add to that list of charges against the referee. When Bobby Linn left the ball by the corner and ran back , the referee completely lost his cool and screamed at Bobby like a temperamental school teacher. I’ve honestly never seen an official behave like that. He shouldn’t ref another game. I hope an official complaint goes in.

You can add to that list of charges against the referee. When Bobby Linn left the ball by the corner and ran back , the referee completely lost his cool and screamed at Bobby like a temperamental school teacher. I’ve honestly never seen an official behave like that. He shouldn’t ref another game. I hope an official complaint goes in.
Yeah i was baffled by that. What did Bobby do wrong to merit a talking too.

As far as i seen he chased after the ball tried to keep it in. Failed. Then started coming back only for the ref to have a go at him.

Just watched the highlights and confirmed most of what I thought yesterday. Shanks does very well at the first goal to hold it up and feed Linn even though the officials allowed the defenders to manhandle him all day. TOB gets booked for a great tackle and then no foul on Gold for a kick to the face.

DC is correct that we didn't do well enough to hold the ball up in their half later on but fails to mention that was down to the subs he made. Linn can keep the ball up the park. Hilson can't play as a lone central forward and Isiaka would have been a better option with Hilson deeper. Fosu gives the ball away far to much. We also lost Gold energy in the middle when Oakley went off.

There is still hope. We are not getting gubbed every week and we have some potential to kick on if we can get the best team on the park every week and get a forward.

Bobby Linn getting taken off again…… WHAT IS HE DOING. He says that the players we brought in maybe aren’t as good as the ones we’ve let go… true, but why do your best to get them all on the fucking park. Bringing Deri Corfe on for Bobby Linn should be a sackable offence in itself. An absolute joke, people on here sticking up for that behaviour and thinking that Bobby would understand it etc. That’s shown to be complete bollocks now. 

The squad isn’t as good but we do have some very good players still. Dick and his subs are fucking us up every single week. 

Incredibly frustrated at this shit. I feel like we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Players all working hard but they’re being let down badly. 

We were the better team and looked like we could see it out until the Campbell subbie tombola come out to play. Taking Bobby off, f**k me. 

ETA: Cove 100 percent deserved a draw in the end. Nearly 1800 there after we’ve been absolutely guff most season and with minimal away fans. Dick letting us down badly 

Edited by 1320Lichtie