Accies v Ayr - Friday Night Fitba

20 hours ago, accies1874 said:
23 hours ago, Hursty said:
Is the pay at the gate option an actual 'pay at the gate' or is it one where u have to queue at a separate ticket office first?

Actual pay at the gate

Cheers.

Everyone buzzing for this then I take it?   

Just getting ready to go for bus.  First time I'll have seen Ayr play at NDP, only ever visit was for an Amateur Cup semi final a few years ago.

No idea what to expect game wise, based on recent results it would suggest Hamilton aren't great and definitely look beatable, however the previous meeting of the sides was pretty even and tool a late Andy Murdoch peach to rescue us a point, so who knows.   

Edited by Hursty

Hopefully see Fulton return in goals and O'Reilly in defence. Zanatta might come in to see how he responds to a confidence-boosting double. Who the latter two replace depends on the potential knocks Rankin was talking about. 

Interesting to see how that shape will work for us. We’ve been completely neglecting the midfield in recent weeks so maybe putting another player in there will force us to actually play more.

Or we’ll keep playing in the same way and be even less effective without Young on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, ecocme said:

43CA52C1-DA8D-453E-B90E-19A673EAD7C9.png

Balance looks quite good (on paper) but of course only time will tell.

How bad is Chalmers injury and when is he due back ?, it just seems to have appeared out of nowhere last week and not heard anything about the injury ?

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Interesting to see how that shape will work for us. We’ve been completely neglecting the midfield in recent weeks so maybe putting another player in there will force us to actually play more.

Or we’ll keep playing in the same way and be even less effective without Young on the pitch.

Looking at the line up I’d assumed starting as a 451 formation? 

Edited by ecocme

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Have Accies got a few out ? 

Ayr have just gone 5/6 and Accies drifted out to around 3/1 which seems rather big.

3/1 on us is fair based on league form.

Looking at our starting 11 it's not obvious who starts with O'Reilly in central defence with Easton only on the bench (presumably has a knock & isn't 100% fit) - I'm guessing Doyle will play CB when he's a RB & Lawson will therefore have to play RB when he's really a CDM.

Square pegs in round holes in our defence doesn't bode well - big Tiehi up front will at least occupy your defenders but I don't trust us to keep a clean sheet and/or outscore any opposition team just now.

Would be very happy with a draw TBH

9 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Looking at our starting 11 it's not obvious who starts with O'Reilly in central defence with Easton only on the bench (presumably has a knock & isn't 100% fit) - I'm guessing Doyle will play CB when he's a RB & Lawson will therefore have to play RB when he's really a CDM.

Square pegs in round holes in our defence doesn't bode well - big Tiehi up front will at least occupy your defenders but I don't trust us to keep a clean sheet and/or outscore any opposition team just now.

I'm a bit worried about tonight if I'm being honest. I thought you were well worth your draw at Somerset and from what I saw of you at Inverness recently you were pretty good and coming back from 4-1 down against Cove also reflected pretty well.

We're missing Musonda, Chalmers and Houston tonight which we should be able to cope with but I'm certainly not expecting a comfortable night, that's for sure.

35 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

I would be happy if Lawson isn’t at CM - always seems a very good player when I’ve seen him playing against us.