Accies v Ayr - Friday Night Fitba

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

Even with goal-line cameras, there's still no guarantees. There's been a few occasions where the video alone would suggest a goal, but the graphic from the technology shows the ball not being fully over the line. Such as this from Serie A:

Dva2LUpXQAAWRy6.jpg:large 

It's why VAR without dedicated automated goal-line technology was certainly an interesting choice from the SPFL/SFA. 

To be honest that looks closer to being a goal on the goal line technology than it does from the video still. 

The number of incidents so marginal that a goal-line camera wouldnt confirm must be tiny though. I assume it would be much cheaper to instal a camera than goal line technology but dont actually know that.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Teams that can score 3 goals away from home whilst being utterly chronic usually win this league. So based on that I’m delighted with tonight’s result.

We didn’t play well at all and I thought we really missed Musonda’s organisational skills in defence. McAllister was utterly woeful tonight. If Houston is still out next week then I’d keep Ecrepont in there. Reading was okay but Kirk struggled a bit against Tiehe. McGinty obviously gives away a penalty but is caught in a tricky situation.

No idea why anyone would compare us to Celtic at the end with Bullen doing what literally every away manager does after a win. A very odd comparison.

Best cross any of our full backs have put in all season. The own goal was hard too prevent with there striker on his back .what a silly post .

I’m also fairly certain it takes a deflection before it hits Ecrepont. Not quite Darren Browline levels of own goals.

OP high on glue I’d imagine.

Accies will feel rightly aggrieved, most would probably agree that the better team on the night lost.

Accies had more possession, more shots at goal and more efforts on target, more corners and less fouls and bookings. All of which counts for hee haw when the other team is more clinical and scores more goals (the only stat that reallly counts), as they say "that's fitba!"

Baffled how we won that given how bad Ayr looked at times but I'll gladly take it. Hamilton looked good in attack and had some incisive passing up front but not surprising that they are bottom if that is their usual defensive standard.

Thought Mullin had a quiet game compared to previous ones of his. Albinson looked solid and made some good saves. Nothing he could have done regarding the goals. Ecreponts cross ball for the 2nd is excellent, he couldn't do much about the own goal which was very harsh on him.

Dipo is a magnificent hero up front.

Performance wise, that was fucking woeful aside from 3 goals but I couldn't care less, and we can throw the balaclavas out the team bus on the way back down the 77.

Think we badly missed Musonda in the middle of the defence and Houston is still our best bet at RB. JML didn't do much after a second successive start and I think we missed LC too.

Without question McCallister has had 2 or 3 decent games, but he genuinely looks at times like he's impersonating a footballer. He was beyond pish tonight.

Also think the 4-1-4-1 was a terrible idea and it played out that way. We've done very well with 2 up top all season, seemed an odd decision to change it.

Anyway, it's nice for once to be on the other end of the "How the f**k did we get nothing from that game" and instead say "How did we leave with a win?" Makes it all the sweeter.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Teams that can score 3 goals away from home whilst being utterly chronic usually win this league. So based on that I’m delighted with tonight’s result.

We didn’t play well at all and I thought we really missed Musonda’s organisational skills in defence. McAllister was utterly woeful tonight. If Houston is still out next week then I’d keep Ecrepont in there. Reading was okay but Kirk struggled a bit against Tiehe. McGinty obviously gives away a penalty but is caught in a tricky situation.

No idea why anyone would compare us to Celtic at the end with Bullen doing what literally every away manager does after a win. A very odd comparison.

We did it last week at Partick 

That was our best performance of the season, certainly in possession.

First half an hour showed a clear plan in buildup to stretch Ayr's shape and have O'Reilly find a long ball to Zanatta or Tiehi and they did pretty well when it found them. Mimnaugh, who had a good game, tended to drop into LB and Martin kinda sloppily into a back three or sometimes DM position, but I don't think there was much pressure on them to progress it as it was all about their positioning moving Ayr about. Further up the field, we tended to have pretty good quick interchanges down the right. It was actually one of the first times I've looked at a Rankin side and thought they looked coached in possession. 

O'Reilly was a disaster for the third, and probably fucked it for the second. Apparently the first too but I only saw that in real time so can only talk about Chucky's pass. We weren't all that great out of possession anyway, albeit not as disastrous as we've been all season. 

It was probably the most enjoyable game I've been at in quite a while, but @Scotty Tunbridge said he's never seen a good game on a plastic pitch so I must've been imagining it. 

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It was no surprise to hear supporters who sing about "black b*****ds" booing a young black Accies player

Bit of a leap to assume he was being booed because he is black, which he wasn't. 

I do completely agree on the words in that song though. Riddy.

It was no surprise to hear supporters who sing about "black b*****ds" booing a young black Accies player
Who also hero worship a black striker!, Yes, the song is outdated and sounds horrible, and I wish we would change the words, but the word black is do with hygiene, not the colour of someone's skin

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

If I were a racist, I'd probably respond with red dots and the pathetic "one of my best strikers is black" defence too. Sad to see how deep intolerance runs on this website.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that you've possibly not seen the conversation on here before, but the Ayr posters on here regularly call out the words in that song and want it to be binned, whenever it comes up. It's pathetic that it's still sung and it desperately needs to go as it is undoubtedly racist.

The 'intention' and historic 'meaning' don't matter, it needs to go. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

The song is shite and should never be heard again but you are at it here.  

Pain in the arse game that.  Thought we actually started ok but after the early goal switched off.  

Hamilton were good (except the centre backs) and that plays it's part in us being poor too.  

If we win all our games up to Christmas we will have surpassed last season's points total.  

20221112_090010.jpg