Accies v Ayr - Friday Night Fitba

I am not a fan of the whole, winning ugly is a sign of champions, I’d rather we played well and won.

Tonight was a shitshow, change of formation, JML looked lost and Mullen did very little, no ball retention and completely overran by Hamilton and lost every second ball against the team bottom of the league. We were very very lucky tonight.

6 points clear and 3 points against a team that have given a real game twice this season though.

image.gif.cb9a2bed0c41da2d4bf9d370a75cb254.gif

Edited by diegomarahenry

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

f**k knows why I'm sticking up for Ayr on this, but they showed zero angles that proved the ball was over the line. A camera 60 yards away which is so low down to the pitch is never going to be able to definitively tell if the ball is in, and with the 18 yard-line camera it isn't clear at all that the whole ball is over.

I didnt see the 1st hour so my only view was the quick look at 2 angles shown right at the end of the game. The way the commentary team were going on about a 'ghost goal' I was expecting something miles over but like you say, its not. 

The view from the normal camera I didnt think it was all over the line. The one from 18 yard line I thought it might have been maybe but its very close and I dont think ref / linesman can really be criticised for not being sure. I assume the assistant was a few yards up the line in line with the last Ayr player looking for offside. With something that close and not right in line he's going to have to at least partly guess. I dont think he can be sure it was in.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
22 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:
Easily worth 250-350k if the board get that offered they may take it but I’d hold on to him 

He's the difference between you going up and staying in this league.

As Adeloye proved, he's quite possibly the difference between promotion and relegation.

Absolutely no way he's leaving in the winter for less than six million moneys.

Don't know if we've played as bad in the league all season, but won so we move on,  Paddy Reading is giving me real fear, tbf we massively miss Musonda and Chalmers, also thought Dempsey and Mullin were uncharacteristically poor, Dipo was ridiculously good he's fast approaching shankers levels for me in this league. 

Again our clown shoes defence throws a game away for us. O’Reilly has been abysmal all season so no surprise he has an absolute car crash when faced with the leagues only decent striker. Absolute league of Ireland part time shite.

Up top we again didn’t offer much Tiehe tried his best but the support was lacking. The midfield was non-existent no part down to Rankin’s awful ‘tactics’ basically a 4-2-4, he really is a football terrorist (credit @accies 1874)

The phantom goal will give him a good sob story for the weekend papers but he must be getting closer to getting punted surely?! Even small things like letting Ryan go back on to the park when it was clear his game was done wasting valuable time is more poor management. Well out of his depth.

If that number 4 plays every week for Hamilton then it's no surprise they are bottom of the table. First goal he decides to not bother closing down Akinyemi and just lets him slot it into the net. The foul for the penalty is inexcusable, just chucking the game away for no reason. Even the 2nd goal although not directly his fault he is floating about marking no-one in no-man's land. Not surprised to read comments that he's been poor all season.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wasnt conscious of that. Seems a bit daft not to have a goal line camera as well as a mid half one. I guess its cost based but a wee bit amateur.

Even with goal-line cameras, there's still no guarantees. There's been a few occasions where the video alone would suggest a goal, but the graphic from the technology shows the ball not being fully over the line. Such as this from Serie A:

Dva2LUpXQAAWRy6.jpg:large 

It's why VAR without dedicated automated goal-line technology was certainly an interesting choice from the SPFL/SFA.