Falkirk v Edinburgh

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It showed the way Dunfermline set up the fear they had playing us.

Fear😂. We let yous pass it around the back 5/6 times before yous decided to launch it every time. 1 shot on target all game would suggest yous done absolute hee haw

30 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Fear😂. We let yous pass it around the back 5/6 times before yous decided to launch it every time. 1 shot on target all game would suggest yous done absolute hee haw

This is painfully true.

Dunfermline had a very predictable game plan that worked because we were far too timid and completely failed to take the game to them.

It was blindingly obvious after ten minutes how the game was unfolding.

A bolder approach would have gotten us the win I feel as they are a very limited team only capable of grinding out results if their opponents don’t get in about them.

Guest Back Post Misses
53 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Yip fear. If you opened up McPake was scared

he would get a doing that is why he set up that way. 

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Maybe McGlynn should fear corners and you wouldn't be seven points behind eh? 

Knowing the limitations of your, and your opposing team isn't fear, it's smart. 

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

As stated above, Falkirk failed to take the game to us. Why should we just open up for the sake of it? Also to counter that point when we were ‘open’ in the game at EEP 2nd half, yous couldn’t do anything then so I very much doubt Mcpake was scared 

Guest Back Post Misses
53 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Maybe McGlynn should fear corners and you wouldn't be seven points behind eh? 

Knowing the limitations of your, and your opposing team isn't fear, it's smart. 

It’s fear 

Guest Back Post Misses
50 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

As stated above, Falkirk failed to take the game to us. Why should we just open up for the sake of it? Also to counter that point when we were ‘open’ in the game at EEP 2nd half, yous couldn’t do anything then so I very much doubt Mcpake was scared 

Yous 😂

I think at H.T at EEP McPake realised that he had to change things as in that first half Falkirk were well on top. He changed things and Dunfermline had the better of the 2nd half. He played to his strengths on Saturday and won the game. That’s good management and it’s up to McGlynn to come up with an alternative way to beat teams like the Pars, Montrose, Airdrie, Kelty.

Guest Back Post Misses
30 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think at H.T at EEP McPake realised that he had to change things as in that first half Falkirk were well on top. He changed things and Dunfermline had the better of the 2nd half. He played to his strengths on Saturday and won the game. That’s good management and it’s up to McGlynn to come up with an alternative way to beat teams like the Pars, Montrose, Airdrie, Kelty.

He played completely differently 2nd half in the first game than he did Saturday. Fair play to him he got a bonus result as he came for a point. My point is to get a result he had to play that way as he opened up we would beat them. He knows it that’s why he did what he did. 
It absolutely will be down to McGlynn to sort that in the next two games however they won’t be as negative at New Year as they were Saturday 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

He played completely differently 2nd half in the first game than he did Saturday. Fair play to him he got a bonus result as he came for a point. My point is to get a result he had to play that way as he opened up we would beat them. He knows it that’s why he did what he did. 

That's good management in my opinion. It worked for him and Dunfermline on Saturday, it's what we do when playing a Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen etc, be strong in defence and take a chance when it comes along.

We struggle against teams who offer a bit of physical presence, especially in midfield. I’ve a good idea why I think that is, I think we have way too many of the same type of player in there, who are prone to hiding. McGlynn has to change that and go more horses for courses when we face these teams. We were a different side against Kelty second half at TFS when he put Lawal and Hetherington in there. He needs to find ways of winning these games or we won’t be going up anytime soon.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

A weekend to forget for the fans. 
I expect McGlynn (once again) to be putting rockets up arses, but for me as a fan.... The whole thing is getting consigned to the bin

I think McGlynn himself should take a long hard look at himself and his tactics. We were so predictable that I expected to lose after 30 mins.
If your only tactic is to pass it about the back as you have no idea how to break your opponent down, then to give up and punt it long to Burrell with no support you will create nothing of note, and that’s what we did for 90 mins.
How he could not see earlier that we need creativity in the middle of the park and a second man upfront to support Burrell I have no idea.
Agree that we need Lawell but as I said before I’d like to see Carroll given a chance as I think he had the potential to create something that no one else did on Saturday……

You have to move on. Kennedy has looked decent until Saturday so we should be prepared to forgive that IMO for now. 
Criticism been way over the top about Saturday, it was poor but it happens. It showed the way Dunfermline set up the fear they had playing us. McGlynn and the players will need to find a way to combat that sort of set up moving forward. 

Sorry but for me it was Falkirk that came out fearful of the opposition and played into Dunfermline hands….not the reverse….

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Sorry but for me it was Falkirk that came out fearful of the opposition and played into Dunfermline hands….not the reverse….

Sort of agree. We were every bit as risk averse as they were, once it became apparent what was happening. Just in a different way. 

Of our four defeats, for me, three of them sit square with tactical/player set ups from the manager.

I think the big question is “does he have a squad good enough to win the league”. I don’t think he does, but the squad limitations coupled to McGlynn’s tactical limitations means that top 4 is just about where we are headed.

Next Saturday, we could end up 2nd in the table……..or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th, or even 6th (at a stretch).

I said on Saturday night that if anything, the pressure should be off now. They blew it completely, so now, he should just be setting them up to go play on the front foot and see what happens. No more imaginary tactical cat and mouse cagey nonsense.

Guest Back Post Misses
28 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Of our four defeats, for me, three of them sit square with tactical/player set ups from the manager.

I think the big question is “does he have a squad good enough to win the league”. I don’t think he does, but the squad limitations coupled to McGlynn’s tactical limitations means that top 4 is just about where we are headed.

Next Saturday, we could end up 2nd in the table……..or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th, or even 6th (at a stretch).

I said on Saturday night that if anything, the pressure should be off now. They blew it completely, so now, he should just be setting them up to go play on the front foot and see what happens. No more imaginary tactical cat and mouse cagey nonsense.

In reverse then the wins sit at the managers door too. Players have to take their share of the blame too not just the praise when we win. 
IMO Saturday has been over analysed. Dunfermline set up for a point. Created nothing and scored for a set play where we switched off. They stopped us playing through the lines as we have been doing and we couldn’t find a way to land a blow on them. Fair play to them. McGlynn and the players will need to do better next time. 
That game could have been played in exactly the same fashion again tomorrow and the result could be 0-0 or Dunfermline switched off at a set piece and we nick it. 
Of course we could have done things differently, went 2 up, 3 at the back etc etc. All great after the event. It isn’t going to matter now it’s gone. If you walked into the dressing room tomorrow and said we won’t be winning the league you would be as well not bothering to turn up. 

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

In reverse then the wins sit at the managers door too. Players have to take their share of the blame too not just the praise when we win. 
IMO Saturday has been over analysed. Dunfermline set up for a point. Created nothing and scored for a set play where we switched off. They stopped us playing through the lines as we have been doing and we couldn’t find a way to land a blow on them. Fair play to them. McGlynn and the players will need to do better next time. 
That game could have been played in exactly the same fashion again tomorrow and the result could be 0-0 or Dunfermline switched off at a set piece and we nick it. 
Of course we could have done things differently, went 2 up, 3 at the back etc etc. All great after the event. It isn’t going to matter now it’s gone. If you walked into the dressing room tomorrow and said we won’t be winning the league you would be as well not bothering to turn up. 

There is no way that we should be giving up on the league at this stage.

The Fifers are far from a good team but their tactics are working for them at the moment.

As I have already posted it was obvious after ten minutes how the game was going and a bit of imagination was needed from the management, your idea of going three at the back and employing wing backs would have been an easy change to make.

The players need to think about their own performance on Saturday, a few of them were woeful and some more just not at their best.

Lets hope we can put a run together starting this week.