Falkirk v Edinburgh

Guest Back Post Misses

On the Nesbitt debate had he been playing in his usual position today rather than Lawal we would never have scored that opening goal. 

I didn’t think he was overly poor today but he is not the man to play that role now, it has to be Lawal 

Lawal was a standout yesterday, even with Edinburgh playing in their own half until the first goal. Always looking to create, and his forward play (beating an away player) was a joy to watch. Mention for McKay, he’s had it big from me like a few others, not a RB but can’t fault his attitude and application yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He brought next to nothing today, and absolutely last week. His weaknesses far outweigh his strengths. Sadly, there’s no stats for checking out of games, missed chances, misplaced passes, and rotten decision making.

The numbers there would be piling up much faster than his “assists”.

Checking out of games, missed chances, misplaced passes, and rotten decision making. That sounds more like a description of Morrison than Nesbitt. I can’t think of many missed chances by Nesbitt but I can think of loads by Morrison, Morrison is also the King of misplaced passes and rotten decision making.

Each to their own but there is definitely an agenda with sections of our support with regards to some players getting it tight and others getting a free ride.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Checking out of games, missed chances, misplaced passes, and rotten decision making. That sounds more like a description of Morrison than Nesbitt. I can’t think of many missed chances by Nesbitt but I can think of loads by Morrison, Morrison is also the King of misplaced passes and rotten decision making.
Each to their own but there is definitely an agenda with sections of our support with regards to some players getting it tight and others getting a free ride.
There have been a number of times since signing where Nesbit has deserved it, but it is now down to individual games and become much rarer under McGlynn. I have gave him it tight on only 2 occasions this season I can think of. Airdrie away and Kelty away. Other than that hes been either passable or good every week. Some folk maybe just don't like humble pie.

This is all based on the games I have seen of course, I have missed a handful.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There have been a number of times since signing where Nesbit has deserved it, but it is now down to individual games and become much rarer under McGlynn. I have gave him it tight on only 2 occasions this season I can think of. Airdrie away and Kelty away. Other than that hes been either passable or good every week. Some folk maybe just don't like humble pie.

This is all based on the games I have seen of course, I have missed a handful.

I totally agree with you, he has had games where he has been poor and done little. Under McGlynn they have become fewer and fewer. I just find it strange that some fans feel the need to single certain players out for criticism when other in my opinion do less and get a free ride.

As you say humble pie has a bitter taste for some 😁

I thought Nesbit was one of our better players last week in a team that way underperformed on the day. He never hid, always offered himself up for the pass and rarely put a pass to the opposition. As Russ says his assists have been excellent, if he keeps assisting others to score and not scoring himself I'll be quite happy.

Since time began Falkirk fans have never appreciated what's in front of them and 9 times out of 10 when they leave us they go to a better league and team.

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He brought next to nothing today, and absolutely last week. His weaknesses far outweigh his strengths. Sadly, there’s no stats for checking out of games, missed chances, misplaced passes, and rotten decision making.

There are stats. Checking out of games? About average. Goal contributions (>66%), defensive duels (>33%) and wins (>35%). Missed chances? Absolutely. Underperforming his xg contributions. Misplaced passes? Nope. Better pass completion rate than 85% of the league. Rotten decision making? About average. Dangerous passes (>44%) and progressive passes (>66%). 

IMG_20221113_084433.jpg

Nisbett under M&S has improved. McKay is probably another who although playing RB, has improved. Messers Morrison McGuffie Hetherington (Williamson when fit) give a worldly one in ten. Apart from Dunfermline away ( Nesbitt best game since signing) these players have in general, been poor. 
We’ve still to register a win against the likes of Airdrie and let’s not forget that these guys downed tools for a season. 
Players getting it tight - yes however gladly eat my words on any of these guys when they consistently play well. For me our captain since scoring twice has no where near turned in his earlier form. 

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Nisbett under M&S has improved. McKay is probably another who although playing RB, has improved. Messers Morrison McGuffie Hetherington (Williamson when fit) give a worldly one in ten. Apart from Dunfermline away ( Nesbitt best game since signing) these players have in general, been poor. 
We’ve still to register a win against the likes of Airdrie and let’s not forget that these guys downed tools for a season. 
Players getting it tight - yes however gladly eat my words on any of these guys when they consistently play well. For me our captain since scoring twice has no where near turned in his earlier form. 

Mcginn being the lynchpin for our team it's no surprise that he's being targeted. Shut him down and teams no we can struggle. Hopefully having the likes of lawal in there now will give them something else to think about.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

IMO Hetherington is now sent on to do a specific job and has generally done it well. He's highly unlikely to ever be a starter for us now but McGlynn knows what his strengths are and uses them well. 

IMO Hetherington is now sent on to do a specific job and has generally done it well. He's highly unlikely to ever be a starter for us now but McGlynn knows what his strengths are and uses them well. 

The stick and the groans he gets when he comes off the bench is ridiculous tbh. He’s got a very specific job to do in our midfield now and that’s to break up play and make sure we get a hold of the midfield. A couple of recent games (Montrose away and Alloa home) where him coming in helped us get back control of the midfield that we were losing.

He’s not someone who’s going to play every week but for certain games he’s definitely got his part to play.

Guest Ecosse83
4 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

There are stats. Checking out of games? About average. Goal contributions (>66%), defensive duels (>33%) and wins (>35%). Missed chances? Absolutely. Underperforming his xg contributions. Misplaced passes? Nope. Better pass completion rate than 85% of the league. Rotten decision making? About average. Dangerous passes (>44%) and progressive passes (>66%). 

IMG_20221113_084433.jpg

That’s interesting mate where did you get that info from? 

Nesbitt is no world beater but he gets about and adds tempo to our play, as soon he was got subbed off against Kelty we barely got forward and we’re so slow. I think Nesbitt adds a fair bit to our game as a whole! 

Edited by Ecosse83

48 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

That’s interesting mate where did you get that info from? 

Nesbitt is no world beater but he gets about and adds tempo to our play, as soon he was got subbed off against Kelty we barely got forward and we’re so slow. I think Nesbitt adds a fair bit to our game as a whole! 

From the twitter dude @StewartRoss89

There is a Morrison one too which is interesting... Progressive dribbles and passes are quite low for the league which seems to add up with him losing the ball and possession a lot in midfield, although could also be down to the fact he plays wide and often gets the ball just so he can put a ball in the box. Lots of dribbles, few of them are successful. What is surprising is his accuracy, 89% shots on target!! And 84% accurate crosses!! 

20221112_122948.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

There is a Morrison one too which is interesting... Progressive dribbles and passes are quite low for the league which seems to add up with him losing the ball and possession a lot in midfield, although could also be down to the fact he plays wide and often gets the ball just so he can put a ball in the box. Lots of dribbles, few of them are successful. What is surprising is his accuracy, 89% shots on target!! And 84% accurate crosses!! 

20221112_122948.jpg

To be fair to Morrison nearly all of his missed chances are shots saved by the keeper which would be classed as on target.