Falkirk v Edinburgh

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So that brings us back to this game, and after losing another “win, and something good will happen” game, we are faced with a  “win, and we will stop something bad from happening” game.

We tend to be not too bad in games like this.

Sadly, we're good at them because we get far too much practice at playing them.

Guest Back Post Misses
19 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t get this. The shackles were off and it was plain to see our superiority in the first half at EEP.
Why then, would the same players be the ones to put the shackles on in a more favourable environment at TFS?
For me we played one up front, pretended to be a passing side and then ended up lumping the ball upfront to an unsupported Burrell. If that was our master plan why did we not put a second player upfront to support him?
It was obviously a flawed plan and that lies with McGlynn….

I wasn’t the one who said we had shackles on. 

2/3 weeks ago McGlynn was the messiah to some. Now people are saying he is putting a team out with shackles on. 

Neither are true. The reality is McGlynn is working with players who have form for shitting in the nest when the chips are down. That’s players and McGlynn has done well to get more out of them than others have before him but the issue is always going to raise its head. 

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wasn’t the one who said we had shackles on. 

2/3 weeks ago McGlynn was the messiah to some. Now people are saying he is putting a team out with shackles on. 

Neither are true. The reality is McGlynn is working with players who have form for shitting in the nest when the chips are down. That’s players and McGlynn has done well to get more out of them than others have before him but the issue is always going to raise its head. 

Wait a minute. Last week, the shackles were on……no ifs about it. We were risk averse because that was how the manager set them up……it happens, and it happened last week.

I don’t know who was saying he was the messiah…..it certainly wasn’t me. I agree that we have players still in the side who will let everyone down……they are flawed, just like all of us. Thing is, McGlynn is flawed too, and there is little point in trying to allude to him being an innocent party in what was served up last week. 
We are 2 points better off than last season. He has managed some better performances from Nesbitt and McKay, but last week we were back to “same old same old” from the pair of them. Performances have improved, results have barely shifted (but I expect things to improve tomorrow).

I really don’t think we can truly measure McGlynn until most of the deadwood goes in the summer (unless of course, we win the league this year).

Wait a minute. Last week, the shackles were on……no ifs about it. We were risk averse because that was how the manager set them up……it happens, and it happened last week.
I don’t know who was saying he was the messiah…..it certainly wasn’t me. I agree that we have players still in the side who will let everyone down……they are flawed, just like all of us. Thing is, McGlynn is flawed too, and there is little point in trying to allude to him being an innocent party in what was served up last week. 
We are 2 points better off than last season. He has managed some better performances from Nesbitt and McKay, but last week we were back to “same old same old” from the pair of them. Performances have improved, results have barely shifted (but I expect things to improve tomorrow).
I really don’t think we can truly measure McGlynn until most of the deadwood goes in the summer (unless of course, we win the league this year).
I agree that we were tactically inept last week, and caution cost us any Hooe of winning or getting back into the game, but I think you're being hard on Brad Mckay there. He's being asked to play at RB.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He set us up the same way as we when we won 3-1 at QOS 🤷‍♂️

I think it's hit and hope.McGlynn can't truly be judged he's been hamstrung with shite he inherited, had we been a bit more flush some might have emptied. I don't expect much movement in January. It'll be piss with the cock u have and take your chances in the playoffs. I don't see us winning the league sadly. 

I think the idea McGlynn somehow tactically put the shackles on the team last week is probably incorrect, to me we set up the same way and with every bit as much attacking intent as we had the previous week. McPake however was able to counter that and completely nullify us to the point we were left passing the ball from side to side, to Mcpake’s credit he’d learned from the first game over in fife and that Dunfermline team is extremely well drilled/organised to the point where we had no answers for them or no plan B. They knew a point was a better result for them than it was for us so set up accordingly to which we had no answers, that is on McGlynn and in our next meeting I hope he changes things but the narrative that he somehow set us up with the shackles on actually does Dunfermline a discredit as it was more a combination of both them stopping us from playing and then us not being good enough to alter tactics that would counter that.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

We never had shackles on, dunfermline just set out to sit in and done that very well. I've heard straight from a player that's what they were planning to do and shit fest their way through it. Our problem is we have no plan B when teams do this. 

Eta, I think this thread has been derailed. I think we will win 3 0 today and no more talk of fuckin shackles 😂

Edited by Believe The Hype

We never had shackles on, dunfermline just set out to sit in and done that very well. I've heard straight from a player that's what they were planning to do and shit fest their way through it. Our problem is we have no plan B when teams do this. 

Eta, I think this thread has been derailed. I think we will win 3 0 today and no more talk of fuckin shackles [emoji23]
Take the shackles off my feet so I can daaaance