Falkirk v Edinburgh

Indeed. Totally baffling how easily we swept them aside in Edinburgh, yet there they are above us in the league. Combination of them being much improved, and us being wildly inconsistent.

No doubt about it though, we need to win. If the gap opens to 10 points or even 9 points, then we really aren’t going to overcome that. Even as it is, if we match their results in every single game and beat them in the two remaining head to heads, they finish above us.

I just want to see the shackles come off and we go for it in every single game.

There’s a bit of that, but we seldom shine in the first half of games. We aren’t a cavalier open and attacking side. I don’t think that tactically, McGlynn is top drawer, but he has pulled some of last season’s nightmares up by the boot laces to give a good bit more. Having said that, none of last season’s players could kick their own arse last week.

We aren’t going to offer up a league challenge without getting after it. We haven’t beaten a side above us in a truly competitive game for years……probably three years or more.

If we blow it on Saturday, belief is going to evaporate pretty quickly.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

Based on what I’ve seen and comments from you guys, I don’t think shackles are your problem. It’s having a plan B when the free flowing way ain’t working, which is maybe a tougher nut to crack in all honesty.

Our issue is we have way too many players especially in midfield that when the going gets tough they go and hide. Nesbitt, Morrison, McGuffie and Kennedy are all the same type of player. We need more dig in our midfield, someone to do the dirty work so that McGinn can do his stuff.

The importance of getting three points against Edinburgh should not be underplayed. It’s critical that we get the game won and out of sight, and not another 90 odd minutes of dour and one up front. Agree with above post and unfortunately there’s not a lot we can do, unless M&S pull a rabbit(s) out the transfer window. I know there more than a few descending voices after Saturdays result, but if we’re honest we lost a shambolic goal and didn’t deserve to lose the three points. My issue and it’s not really changed in the past two seasons, is that the players mentioned in the earlier post simply can’t be trusted when the chips are down. 

25 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

It's crazy to suggest Falkirk are out the title race even if you lose on Saturday. There's still hunners of games left. 

This is true but after the shambles of recent seasons it’s fairly understandable that some Bairns fans are of the glass half empty point of view.

edit to add not me despite still being raging after Saturdays pish.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

It's crazy to suggest Falkirk are out the title race even if you lose on Saturday. There's still hunners of games left. 

I actually already think it’s Pars title and our focus needs to be on the play offs. We are too inconsistent to mount a title challenge whereas Dunfermline are solid at the back and know how to avoid defeat.
The issue is if we make the playoffs we end up screwing up at least one game in four and that would probably cost us promotion too….

I think a lot will depend on what/if McGlynn gets to do anything in the January window. We need another right back and we need to add some dig to that midfield. I suspect we might need to ship a few out to get some in and I don’t know if that’s possible. I would be happy to see two of McGuffie, Morrison, Nesbitt and Kennedy go if it freed up money to get a couple in.

Guest Back Post Misses
15 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Indeed. Totally baffling how easily we swept them aside in Edinburgh, yet there they are above us in the league. Combination of them being much improved, and us being wildly inconsistent.

No doubt about it though, we need to win. If the gap opens to 10 points or even 9 points, then we really aren’t going to overcome that. Even as it is, if we match their results in every single game and beat them in the two remaining head to heads, they finish above us.

I just want to see the shackles come off and we go for it in every single game.

Really don’t know where this “take the shackles off” narrative is coming from. We have scored 20% more goals than the team at the top of the league. It’s our failure at the other end of the pitch that looks much more the issue if you look at goals conceded. 
Most of the time we have been a great watch. Let’s not take last Saturday out of context. 

Must win game at home. We were a good few levels above them when we played them at their version of little kerse so there should be no excuses this time. So far we've been pretty good at picking ourselves up after disappointing results so let's hope it continues.

15 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Correct. I've enjoyed ripping the pish from last weekend but the title race isn't close to being done now, and it won't be close to being finished on Saturday evening. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Correct. I've enjoyed ripping the pish from last weekend but the title race isn't close to being done now, and it won't be close to being finished on Saturday evening. 

If you win on Saturday and we don’t, the title race probably isn’t over, but it certainly won’t be us who’ll be competing for it. 

If Mackie is back I'd drop Henderson for him.  He hasn't really looked convincing when under any serious pressure.  

Would also like to see Alegria and Burrell start together and begin to form a bit of a partnership.  

Kennedy & Oliver are no better than McGuffie/Nesbitt so it doesn't really matter who gets the nod.  I'd most likely go Nesbitt/Lawal/McGinn/Morrison

Williamson has to come in for McKay if fit.  BM offers nothing going forward.  

So something like: 

Hogarth
Williamson.  Mackie. Donaldson. McCann
         Morrison.   McGinn.  Nesbitt
                              Lawal
                      Alegria.  Burrell

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

34 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If Mackie is back I'd drop Henderson for him.  He hasn't really looked convincing when under any serious pressure.  

Would also like to see Alegria and Burrell start together and begin to form a bit of a partnership.  

Kennedy & Oliver are no better than McGuffie/Nesbitt so it doesn't really matter who gets the nod.  I'd most likely go Nesbitt/Lawal/McGinn/Morrison

Williamson has to come in for McKay if fit.  BM offers nothing going forward.  

So something like: 

Hogarth
Williamson.  Mackie. Donaldson. McCann
         Morrison.   McGinn.  Nesbitt
                              Lawal
                      Alegria.  Burrell

I’d go for that apart from maybe retaining Henderson?