Falkirk v Edinburgh

A weekend to forget for both, so let's forget it and move on.

I fancy us for this one. Edinburgh seem to be even more up and down than us. Getting pumped at home off that Queens team is not good. We also won at Edinburgh fairly comfortably.

I dont want to read too much into yesterday's defeat, but once again we are looking for a response. I'd be dropping Kai Kennedy. I thought he deserved his place, but I don't neccesarily think McGuffie did too much wrong to drop out, and I think Ola Lawal deserves a chance. So for that reason I'd probably be dropping Kennedy who absolutely did not take his chance to impress.

Dunfermline have Clyde at home, so we now enter must win territory, but the reality of it is, we are staying in must win territory for a while now. If we haven't clawed back some of this 7 point gap in the next few weeks, we are in trouble.

Edinburgh would be wise to capitalise on what will no doubt be a flat atmosphere and get in our faces early. I dont know if will wilt out of it, I hope not, but that's what I'd look to do against this team.

I don't think you need worry much about this game Falkirk fans, easy home win!

After a fantastic first few months In league one for Edinburgh, we've hit a flat spot just now and have been honking the last two weeks. In fact at peterheid it didn't even look like they cared!

We've had some injuries in defence right enough, which hasn't helped, and we badly need some players back in there.

Also need the boss to put the best players in the starting eleven!

If we get players back and refind our best form we could give Falkirk a game, I just fear the form of the last two weeks continues, which will see us spanked heavily.

4-0 Falkirk probably, IMVFHO!

Yip we simply cannot afford to drop more points here. We were struggling to claw back a four point gap on Dunfermline now it's at seven, I actually fancy us to bounce back in this game but you have to think Dunfermline will beat Clyde. 3-1 Bairns. 

Guest Ecosse83

I agree with Bairnardo time to get Lawal in from the start to see what he can do. Kennedy was rotten yesterday I’d drop him just for wearing bloody gloves. 

Anyone know how far Williamson is away from being back? Could do with his ability to go forward again. 

37 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I agree with Bairnardo time to get Lawal in from the start to see what he can do. Kennedy was rotten yesterday I’d drop him just for wearing bloody gloves. 

Anyone know how far Williamson is away from being back? Could do with his ability to go forward again. 

Williamson was in the warm up yesterday.

Yes, I was idly watching the Spurs game there having the exact same thought about Williamson.

Another thing..... How come Carroll and Mackie weren't on the bench yesterday? Carroll specifically, I can't think of seeing g him quoted of late. Is he injured?

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes, I was idly watching the Spurs game there having the exact same thought about Williamson.

Another thing..... How come Carroll and Mackie weren't on the bench yesterday? Carroll specifically, I can't think of seeing g him quoted of late. Is he injured?

Can only assume that he's injured as he hasn't been quoted for a while now.

I think we need to give Lawal a start in this by dropping Kennedy.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Can only assume that he's injured as he hasn't been quoted for a while now.

I think we need to give Lawal a start in this by dropping Kennedy.

Has Kennedy been struggling for you? Thought he looked good against us last week.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

A weekend to forget for both, so let's forget it and move on.

I fancy us for this one. Edinburgh seem to be even more up and down than us. Getting pumped at home off that Queens team is not good. We also won at Edinburgh fairly comfortably.

I dont want to read too much into yesterday's defeat, but once again we are looking for a response. I'd be dropping Kai Kennedy. I thought he deserved his place, but I don't neccesarily think McGuffie did too much wrong to drop out, and I think Ola Lawal deserves a chance. So for that reason I'd probably be dropping Kennedy who absolutely did not take his chance to impress.

Dunfermline have Clyde at home, so we now enter must win territory, but the reality of it is, we are staying in must win territory for a while now. If we haven't clawed back some of this 7 point gap in the next few weeks, we are in trouble.

Edinburgh would be wise to capitalise on what will no doubt be a flat atmosphere and get in our faces early. I dont know if will wilt out of it, I hope not, but that's what I'd look to do against this team.

Really don’t agree that we should forget yesterday and move on.

That type of anemic performance is becoming all too common and must be sorted as a matter of priority by the Manager who can’t consider himself blameless in this matter.

Even in our good performances eg Alloa there have been lengthy periods of this shite.

We must play with a high intensity with the ball moving forward rather than the endless side to side passing that characterises our poor performances.

Also Morrison flatters to deceive for me and Kennedy was a wasted signing as he brings nothing new to the squad.

28 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That type of anemic performance is becoming all too common and must be sorted as a matter of priority by the Manager who can’t consider himself blameless in this matter.

Even in our good performances eg Alloa there have been lengthy periods of this shite.

We must play with a high intensity with the ball moving forward rather than the endless side to side passing that characterises our poor performances.

Also Morrison flatters to deceive for me and Kennedy was a wasted signing as he brings nothing new to the squad.

A weekend to forget for the fans. 

I expect McGlynn (once again) to be putting rockets up arses, but for me as a fan.... The whole thing is getting consigned to the bin

5 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I don't think we will see Williamson play any more than 5 games for us again.

Has Kennedy been struggling for you? Thought he looked good against us last week.

Nah he’s had one bad game yesterday, potentially in a game that he maybe wasn’t suited to.

Had we a plethora of decent wide options I’d be all for dropping him. But it’s only him, Morrison or McGuffie that are playing wide, and I don’t rate McGuffie. Nesbitt has played wide before but McGlynn sees him more in the middle.

There will be shouts to get Ola Lawal out wide which I think wouldn’t suit him. Wouldn’t be adverse to chucking him in this game as the 10 but that would it in terms of positionally.

Less of the aimless long balls when things aren’t going to plan and trying to work through the midfield more. Lack of patience on Saturday at times.

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ankle injury with Carroll I was told a couple weeks ago.

Guest Back Post Misses
15 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

You have to move on. Kennedy has looked decent until Saturday so we should be prepared to forgive that IMO for now. 

Criticism been way over the top about Saturday, it was poor but it happens. It showed the way Dunfermline set up the fear they had playing us. McGlynn and the players will need to find a way to combat that sort of set up moving forward. 

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You have to move on. Kennedy has looked decent until Saturday so we should be prepared to forgive that IMO for now. 

Criticism been way over the top about Saturday, it was poor but it happens. It showed the way Dunfermline set up the fear they had playing us. McGlynn and the players will need to find a way to combat that sort of set up moving forward. 

It’s happening too often to be dismissed.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Aye, absolutely terrified right enough.