Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not hearing any great desire to get MacInnes in...wonder why?

Well it's got to be a dutchman or someone with Blackpool connections (Charlie Adam....) either that or the fans will be raging that they dont get the opportunity to legitimise wearing orange

Gio the Giro.

Beale was apparently sought for Aston Villa but said he wanted to repay QPR who offered him his first solo role. Don't know who much truth was in that, its a much bigger job than in Govan, far more jeopardy in the PL though than up here however.

Issue is what will be the public and private expectations expressed by Dougie and the rest of the goat shaggers. They can't be the same surely.

Get one of the two cups? Don't get humiliated in the league by "them"? Get to next summer and actually show up in the next campaign?

Saying that, Celtic bought well last January so right guy + right acquisitions could make tighter than it is at present.

Realistically Rangers need to spend 20m+, and even then they need to spend it well to even have a thought of catching up with Celtic. They've spunked money paying off Gio and I'd imagine will do similar getting a new manager in. 

That's before even getting to the fact that their recruitment seems to be folk that did okay once down south and then look finished up here. I'm expecting Dyche to be appointed, then sign Kenny McClean for 500k after agreeing a pre contract. Ross Stewart, John Fleck and Nick Powell also other Rangers style pre-contract signings who are all out of contract in the summer. 

Meanwhile Celtic will go out and be a bit more ambitious with foreign signings who'll either look great or go missing and somehow get sold for 2m+ two years later despite 12 appearances. 

I’m not entirely opposed to it being Beale. I’d rather it was someone with more experience, although he seems to be doing relatively well at QPR so far with his stock pretty high after being approached for the Wolves gig.

He is obviously well regarded at Rangers and he has often spoke about his desire to return one day, I’m just thinking it might be a little early right now.

It seems mad to me that Rangers would even consider looking at a manager in work at a club like QPR who will want a decent compensation package when there are equivalent options out of work. If they think Beale is the only possible man for the job then they're suffering from a failure of imagination.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I’m not entirely opposed to it being Beale. I’d rather it was someone with more experience, although he seems to be doing relatively well at QPR so far with his stock pretty high after being approached for the Wolves gig.

He is obviously well regarded at Rangers and he has often spoke about his desire to return one day, I’m just thinking it might be a little early right now.

If his stock is currently high enough to be approached by English Premier League clubs then the main sticking point is surely whether he would want the Rangers job now, rather than whether Rangers think he's ready?

I had to laugh when I heard a Rangers fan on Go Radio or SSB last night saying he thought Knutsen was the guy Rangers should go for. Every European club that consider themselves 'bigger' than Bodo get linked with him, certainly far better of options than Sevco. 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, AJF said:

download (5).jpeg