Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, microdave said:

I noticed when GVB was appointed, he was paraded as being the 17th manager of Rangers and I've noticed that Beale is being paraded as the 18th. Are Rangers doing this to pretend they were formed in 1872 as opposed to 2012 and the club has a great deal more history than they really have?

Surely not...

30 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

My point is that while those might be their highest finishes, they are not their highest positions during the that time. Gerard was top of the league but jumped before he was pushed. Lambert had Norwich in contention for the EPL before sinking downwards.

I think there was a distinct possibility that Beale might have been sacked. Not immediately but certainly there was a need to turn things around. 

Like I said, could work but think this is a massive gamble. Comparisons with the likes of Caltro, Jess, and Maloney are valid. Goodwin got the Aberdeen Job on back of a decent run and that turned out ok. But Goodwin was much more of a known quantity. 

A lot of revisionism about Beale and the Gerard years. 1. Were they actually that good, and 2. was Beale really responsible if they were? 

I would not be overjoyed at him coming to St Mirren, so feel your concern. At least you'll be able to throw money at the squad to make it work. 

A lot of that I don't really disagree with, but you never said any of that originally so I'm not sure how I could've been seen to defend Beale against those concerns when you never expressed them in the first place.

I've already said before that I share some of those concerns.

Edited by AJF

On 29/11/2022 at 13:24, microdave said:

I noticed when GVB was appointed, he was paraded as being the 17th manager of Rangers and I've noticed that Beale is being paraded as the 18th. Are Rangers doing this to pretend they were formed in 1872 as opposed to 2012 and the club has a great deal more history than they really have?

Not at all. They just have a huge rate of churn.

Everything that comes out of that club is as a direct result of what a thin skinned shower of children they are. H2H