Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You’re very naive if you don’t believe that had more to do with his name than his managerial abilities 

Or they recognised he improved our year on year, culminating in an unbeaten title win?

I’m not saying his name has nothing to do with it, but if you think a Premier League team are going to gamble their Premier League survival by appointment a manager based solely on his name then I think you’re clutching.

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s just a well known fact in England 

Dont you question why he would knock back a EPL job like that? 

Where is this well known fact coming from? We don’t even know if he was offered the job at Wolves in the first place to be able to “shite it”. All we know is he was asked to interview for it.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Or they recognised he improved our year on year, culminating in an unbeaten title win?

I’m not saying his name has nothing to do with it, but if you think a Premier League team are going to gamble their Premier League survival by appointment a manager based solely on his name then I think you’re clutching.

It’s happened before, Alan Shearer immediately springs to mind

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s happened before, Alan Shearer immediately springs to mind

So Villa appointed Gerrard (a guy with no affiliation to that club whatsoever), in a bid to avoid relegation from the richest league in the world, based on his name? Yeah, not buying it.

48 minutes ago, AJF said:

Remind me how he done at Villa again? 

Winning a title against Neil Lennon behind closed doors isn’t the achievement you seem to think it is, and one that isn’t worthy of an EPL job

Hence why he got found out very quickly, firstly up here by both Rodgers and Ange and secondly at Villa

11 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Remind me how he done at Villa again? 

Winning a title against Neil Lennon behind closed doors isn’t the achievement you seem to think it is, and one that isn’t worthy of an EPL job

Hence why he got found out very quickly, firstly up here by both Rodgers and Ange and secondly at Villa

His performance at Villa has no bearing on why he was hired though, does it?

The state of the club when Gerrard took over was a shambles. He made a steady progression year on year. We went from a team that was getting battered 9 times out of 10 by Celtic to a team that regularly beat them by the time he left.

Our points per game rocketed under him. Celtic were massively outspending us throughout his period so we were always trying to claw back an on-field gap while off the park we were miles behind.

He absolutely should’ve won more than a single title, but I don’t think you can consider the turnaround in the team anything but a success.

Then, you went on to talk a lot of rubbish, saying he was found out by Ange. Gerrard and Postecoglou met once - and we won with a covid depleted squad and were 4 points ahead at the time Gerrard went. Found out by Ange 😂

Edited by AJF

8 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It does, he was hired for his name, and showed he couldn’t handle it when the pressure was on.

Aye, and just ignore everything else I said. That wasn’t even mentioning his impressive European record either.

To deny that Gerrard massively improved us is blinkered nonsense. And the fact that he did is the main reason Villa went for him.

48 minutes ago, AJF said:

His performance at Villa has no bearing on why he was hired though, does it?

The state of the club when Gerrard took over was a shambles. He made a steady progression year on year. We went from a team that was getting battered 9 times out of 10 by Celtic to a team that regularly beat them by the time he left.

Our points per game rocketed under him. Celtic were massively outspending us throughout his period so we were always trying to claw back an on-field gap while off the park we were miles behind.

He absolutely should’ve won more than a single title, but I don’t think you can consider the turnaround in the team anything but a success.

Then, you went on to talk a lot of rubbish, saying he was found out by Ange. Gerrard and Postecoglou met once - and we won with a vivid depleted squad and were 4 points ahead at the time Gerrard went. Found out by Ange 😂

Fun fact: When Gerrard left Rangers after 13 league games last season he was only 1 point better than GVB after the same number of games this season, who you have now binned.

Being just 4 points ahead of a Celtic team making their worst start to a season in almost 30 years i don’t think is one for the CV.

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Fun fact: When Gerrard left Rangers after 13 league games last season he was only 1 point better than GVB after the same number of games this season, who you have now binned.

Being just 4 points ahead of a Celtic team making their worst start to a season in almost 30 years i don’t think is one for the CV.

It doesn’t change the fact that the claim of “being found out by Ange” was hilariously incorrect.