Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Exactly. When Jesus done it everyone was all "our lord and saviour has returned" and he got a public holiday commemorating it.

But when we done it, everyone was raging. Double standards, IMO.

I don’t think Jesus amounted quite the tick list Rangers did hence the difference in reception.

I mean Jesus fed 5000 with 5 loaves and 2 fish, Rangers most likely spend 5000 on 5 loaves and 2 fish and those 2 fish are likely the ones Gazza planked in Gordon Duries motor 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t think Jesus amounted quite the tick list Rangers did hence the difference in reception.

I mean Jesus fed 5000 with 5 loaves and 2 fish, Rangers most likely spend 5000 on 5 loaves and 2 fish and those 2 fish are likely the ones Gazza planked in Gordon Duries motor 🤷‍♂️

I heard that Jesus went into the negotiations looking for one fish and he'd have signed right away, but the Rangers board offered him five loaves and two fishes right off the bat.

Speaks volumes.

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Exactly. When Jesus done it everyone was all "our lord and saviour has returned" and he got a public holiday commemorating it.

But when we done it, everyone was raging. Double standards, IMO.

On both examples “done it” is of course complete fantasy.

11 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Except they haven't finished.

Which is why I said “currently” and “probably”.

I was suggesting that even taking into account his recent poor run, as the team were in 7th they were still performing above expectations if their previous league positions are anything to go by. And having not spent a penny in the summer, I’m not convinced many would have expected more.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Which is why I said “currently” and “probably”.

I was suggesting that even taking into account his recent poor run, as the team were in 7th they were still performing above expectations if their previous league positions are anything to go by. And having not spent a penny in the summer, I’m not convinced many would have expected more.

OK Beale is a great manger and QPR will be raging to have lost him

18 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

OK Beale is a great manger and QPR will be raging to have lost him

Where on earth did I say that 😂

I’ve even said on this very thread that I’m not 100% convinced with the appointment and his lack of experience worries me.

Id think the most worrying rumour, for Rangers fans, should be that he was the "players choice".

Effectively confirms theyd chucked it under GVB to get him sacked to get someone they like in.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id think the most worrying rumour, for Rangers fans, should be that he was the "players choice".

Effectively confirms theyd chucked it under GVB to get him sacked to get someone they like in.

Aye, I think that was evident against St Johnstone. Body language was awful and you could tell they’d checked out.

Refresh of the squad is badly required.

12 hours ago, AJF said:

Where on earth did I say that 😂

I’ve even said on this very thread that I’m not 100% convinced with the appointment and his lack of experience worries me.

But when I express those same concerns, you leap to defend him. Make your mind up 

3 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

But when I express those same concerns, you leap to defend him. Make your mind up 

No I never. I responded to someone that said he was 2/3 bad results away from the board having to come out and back him by saying with them currently sitting in 7th then I believed he'd have been looked at more favourably than that considering their previous finishes in the last 3 years.

You then stated the league wasn't finished. You never expressed any concerns that I disagreed with. All I was getting at is he was performing above expectations in regard to QPR's previous league positions (despite his recent bad run). That doesn't negate any concerns I have about his appointment as our manager.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

No I never. I responded to someone that said he was 2/3 bad results away from the board having to come out and back him by saying with them currently sitting in 7th then I believed he'd have been looked at more favourably than that considering their previous finishes in the last 3 years.

You then stated the league wasn't finished. You never expressed any concerns that I disagreed with. All I was getting at is he was performing above expectations in regard to QPR's previous league positions (despite his recent bad run). That doesn't negate any concerns I have about his appointment as our manager.

My point is that while those might be their highest finishes, they are not their highest positions during the that time. Gerard was top of the league but jumped before he was pushed. Lambert had Norwich in contention for the EPL before sinking downwards.

I think there was a distinct possibility that Beale might have been sacked. Not immediately but certainly there was a need to turn things around. 

Like I said, could work but think this is a massive gamble. Comparisons with the likes of Caltro, Jess, and Maloney are valid. Goodwin got the Aberdeen Job on back of a decent run and that turned out ok. But Goodwin was much more of a known quantity. 

A lot of revisionism about Beale and the Gerard years. 1. Were they actually that good, and 2. was Beale really responsible if they were? 

I would not be overjoyed at him coming to St Mirren, so feel your concern. At least you'll be able to throw money at the squad to make it work. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

If Beale puts in half the work you do he can't fail.

I noticed when GVB was appointed, he was paraded as being the 17th manager of Rangers and I've noticed that Beale is being paraded as the 18th. Are Rangers doing this to pretend they were formed in 1872 as opposed to 2012 and the club has a great deal more history than they really have?