Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I know it's the Old Firm and nuanced discussion cannot be expected, but the fuss about QPR's recent form is a good filter for c***s that have no idea what they're talking about.

In the EFL teams play a game every six hours or so, and teams swinging from good to bad runs and back is very common. Even in teams who go on to get promoted or relegated, good and bad runs just happen. It's an incredibly cut-throat environment with mad levels of fixture congestion. All of the top teams in the Championship have lost recently. It's that kind of league. Blackburn in third have lost 2 of their last five. Swansea are eighth but haven't won in five. It's just what happens. There's nothing to suggest that these teams can't go up.

This bad run QPR have been on has taken in six games, but it's lasted less than a month. It's entirely insignificant in the discussion of whether this guy is a good coach or not.

In the context of him having played only half a season as manager, then perhaps it is. As well to say that his run of good form is not relevant. 

8 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

In the context of him having played only half a season as manager, then perhaps it is. As well to say that his run of good form is not relevant. 

I don't really disagree with this part.

Bearing in mind that this guy worked for Rangers for years, I think what they know about him is much more relevant than whether QPR have had a good November or not.

Football supporters (and often clubs) have a huge problem with how form is interpreted and how much weight recent performance is given.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

They both claimed to have come back from the dead though.

Exactly. When Jesus done it everyone was all "our lord and saviour has returned" and he got a public holiday commemorating it.

But when we done it, everyone was raging. Double standards, IMO.

2 minutes ago, stressball said:

Won 8, lost 7 and drawn 4.

That’s the entire record. 

He was probably 2-3 bad results away from getting the dreaded “board backing” so for QPR to let him go now and get some money in is probably the best result for them. 

Considering QPR have finished 11th, 9th and 13th in their last 3 seasons, I'd imagine Beale having them currently sit in 7th would probably have been viewed rather favourably.

41 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

They both claimed to have come back from the dead though.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If it's good enough for the Undertaker and Paul Bearer, it's good enough for everyone.

Did you see them when they were dead? ;) 

6 hours ago, AJF said:

There will be if you go looking hard enough, but even just using this thread as example, the only people that have been talking about his name are non-Rangers fans. It's as if they are trying to convince us we have an issue with his name.

What's in a name, eh? I remember being in the away end at Ibrox in 2016 watching the Jags and the name "Declan McDaid" was loudly booed by a large proportion of the home support when announced as a substitute. Who knows why. Old Firm fans are a strange bunch.

Edited by milhouse

On 25/11/2022 at 07:09, kingjoey said:

Mick the Manager.

The **** will make sure his preferred name “Mick” will soon change to Michael.

He’ll not be here long, regardless.

He showed with QPR he has no loyalty. Stabbed them in the back, weeks after saying he was loyal to them. 
If he does well, he’ll be off pronto

And if he has the same record as he did before (1/9 trophies when he was allegedly the tactician etc) then he’ll be gone too. 

51 minutes ago, milhouse said:

What's in a name, eh? I remember being in the away end at Ibrox in 2016 watching the Jags and the name "Declan McDaid" was loudly booed by a large proportion of the home support when announced as a substitute. Who knows why. Old Firm fans are a strange bunch.

I remember Rangers fans phoning the Daily Record hotline incandescent with rage when Karim Boukraa prayed to Mecca during a game.  I have no idea why.  It couldn’t possibly have been the case that they were so thick and bigoted that they thought a Muslim player was pretending to be Catholic to wind them up.