Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

It doesn’t change the fact that the claim of “being found out by Ange” was hilariously incorrect.

We never really got the chance to see. The 1 game they played Celtic too had a depleted squad still full of some players who had chucked it and wanted out. Not really an indicator of how the season would pan out if he stayed.

What is going under the radar though is Gerrard was underperforming last season despite him having a lead when he left 

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We never really got the chance to see. The 1 game they played Celtic too had a depleted squad still full of some players who had chucked it and wanted out. Not really an indicator of how the season would pan out if he stayed.

What is going under the radar though is Gerrard was underperforming last season despite him having a lead when he left 

So if we never got the chance to see, yet in the one match they played in Gerrard beat Postecoglou and was 4 points ahead, how can anyone claim he had been found out 😂

Saying he was underperforming last season is an entirely different point altogether. One I wouldn’t really argue with either as I think he’d already checked out when he wasn’t backed in the summer.

But come on, how can you defend the claim that Ange found him out.

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

So if we never got the chance to see, yet in the one match they played in Gerrard beat Postecoglou and was 4 points ahead, how can anyone claim he had been found out 😂

Saying he was underperforming last season is an entirely different point altogether. One I wouldn’t really argue with either as I think he’d already checked out when he wasn’t backed in the summer.

But come on, how can you defend the claim that Ange found him out.

Where did I defend it? The only allusion I have made towards that point is that we didn’t get the chance to see.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Where did I defend it? The only allusion I have made towards that point is that we didn’t get the chance to see.

Well, rather than agree that it was a laughable claim (or just ignore it altogether) you went out your way to point out how Gerrard was underperforming last season and that we never got the chance to see how things would pan out.

Seems like you’re trying to make out that it could’ve happened rather than just agree that it never.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, rather than agree that it was a laughable claim (or just ignore it altogether) you went out your way to point out how Gerrard was underperforming last season and that we never got the chance to see how things would pan out.

Seems like you’re trying to make out that it could’ve happened rather than just agree that it never.

I quoted your post where you made several points. I picked up on one of them which was regarding the 4 point gap when Gerrard left so I don’t need to agree because it wasn’t the point I was interested in addressing so I did kind of ignore it in the first instance. My other reply was more of a courtesy but honestly I don’t really care if you think Gerrard was found out by Ange or not, we all know how the season ended 😉

You seem to need people to agree with you however

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I quoted your post where you made several points. I picked up on one of them which was regarding the 4 point gap when Gerrard left so I don’t need to agree because it wasn’t the point I was interested in addressing.

You seem to need people to agree with you. 

I made the point about last season as a direct response to the claim that Ange found Gerrard out though 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t need people to agree with me, I just find it mental that anyone could believe or backup the claim that was made.

Just now, AJF said:

I just find it mental that anyone could believe or backup the claim that was made.

Neither of which I did. Me saying we never got the chance to see should have given you a clue as to my opinion on it.

I’ll try be more obvious next time since plain English doesn’t work 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

No. The value of your contribution to this thread.. 

Good to know I’m hitting my mark. On the topic of contribution it’s also good to see some of you coming out of hiding 

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Neither of which I did. Me saying we never got the chance to see should have given you a clue as to my opinion on it.

I’ll try be more obvious next time since plain English doesn’t work 🤦‍♂️

Right. So to summarise, you agree with what I said. Which then begs the question why you even responded to what I said with points that seemed to shift the goal posts. My point was never about how Gerrard was doing last season, it was simply to laugh at the claim Ange found him out.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Gerrard literally moved to the Premier League… despite you describing his record as pish. Seems a bit of a contradiction, no?

No.

If you think 1 trophy in 9 domestic trophies is anything other than pish for one of the two teams whose budgets dwarf all others, then you’re just wrong. 

He got a move on the back of his name. Not his managerial capabilities. 
And his disastrous time at Villa backs that up. 

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Right. So to summarise, you agree with what I said. Which then begs the question why you even responded to what I said with points that seemed to shift the goal posts. My point was never about how Gerrard was doing last season, it was simply to laugh at the claim Ange found him out.

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t need people to agree with me

Doubt Skepticism GIF by NRK P3

Edited by Jinky67

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Doubt Skepticism GIF by NRK P3

Christ, are you being deliberately obtuse?

I said I don’t need people to agree with me, but if you’ve already said you don’t disagree with me, then surely you do agree with me? Which is why I’m confused as to why you started this whole debacle by commenting on what I said with unrelated points in the first place.

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

Christ, are you being deliberately obtuse?

I said I don’t need people to agree with me, but if you’ve already said you don’t disagree with me, then surely you do agree with me? Which is why I’m confused as to why you started this whole debacle by commenting on what I said with unrelated points in the first place.

You made the point about the 4 points Gerrard was ahead when he left, I quoted you poking a little bit of fun at that because it masks that Gerrard wasn’t actually performing well last season hence the fun fact reply to just that singular point. You made the remark so how can me picking up on it be unrelated? 😂

Am I only allowed to reply to you if I’m prepared to address every single part of your post or have I just to acknowledge just the parts you want me to? 

Edited by Jinky67