Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not really paid attention to this thread or the circumstances around Beale since I started it. Was the talk of Wolves wanting him genuine? If so, I find it mental that in 2022, Rangers are viewed as a better prospect than an established EPL side. I suspect he was very much a back up candidate though.

Still, I'm surprised that an aspiring manager would leave a decent Championship outfit for Rangers as well. Thought he'd be an unrealistic candidate but fair play.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

Why do Rangers fans hate Gerrard for jumping ship at the first opportunity but don't mind Beale who done the exact same but worse considering he was believed to be the brains of the operation?

Do we, I must have missed that memo.

An epl club as a stepping stone to liverpool was always going to tempt him.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not really paid attention to this thread or the circumstances around Beale since I started it. Was the talk of Wolves wanting him genuine? If so, I find it mental that in 2022, Rangers are viewed as a better prospect than an established EPL side. I suspect he was very much a back up candidate though.

Still, I'm surprised that an aspiring manager would leave a decent Championship outfit for Rangers as well. Thought he'd be an unrealistic candidate but fair play.

I mean...this was only a couple of weeks ago. It seemed weird for him to just pop in the day after QPR played in Birmingham.

8 hours ago, Iain said:

This seems a bizarre appointment to me and a bizarre decision from Beale if he agrees to come. Doesn't mean it won't work, but it seems unlikely.

They have a squad of dwindling assets (Morelos & Kent) so little scope to raise funds to change a poor squad.   
They have injuries but only 3 from their starting X1 maybe? No excuse. 

They have yet ANOTHER court case looming with Hummel.

Daft move for him. No-one in England cares about what you win in Scotland (unless you do a sensational job like Rodgers, and he had a reputation/status beforehand anyway).

Backwards step coming back up here & a huge gamble for The Rangers.  
Also, folk say he was the brains behind Gerrard like that was a good thing…. 
The Rangers won 1 trophy out of 9 domestically, which is pish for a club whose resources dwarf all bar one club.  

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

They have a squad of dwindling assets (Morelos & Kent) so little scope to raise funds to change a poor squad.   
They have injuries but only 3 from their starting X1 maybe? No excuse. 

They have yet ANOTHER court case looming with Hummel.

Daft move for him. No-one in England cares about what you win in Scotland (unless you do a sensational job like Rodgers, and he had a reputation/status beforehand anyway).

Backwards step coming back up here & a huge gamble for The Rangers.  
Also, folk say he was the brains behind Gerrard like that was a good thing…. 
The Rangers won 1 trophy out of 9 domestically, which is pish for a club whose resources dwarf all bar one club.  

Utter rubbish.

Apparently he shat it when approached by Wolves about the job, he didn’t think he could handle the step up 

Has a very poor record in Scotland as an assistant , and with fans allowed back into the stadium and no Neil Lennon I struggle to see how that record of failure will improve 

I’m getting the impression no manger of merit of interested in taking over the clown show both on and off the pitch, hence why you’re going for someone with less than 12 months of experience 

McInness called it right when he knocked them back 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Apparently he shat it when approached by Wolves about the job, he didn’t think he could handle the step up 

Has a very poor record in Scotland as an assistant , and with fans allowed back into the stadium and no Neil Lennon I struggle to see how that record of failure will improve 

I’m getting the impression no manger of merit of interested in taking over the clown show both on and off the pitch, hence why you’re going for someone with less than 12 months of experience 

Overloading the hook with bait will get you nibbles but will rarely see you hooking anything. 

Just now, bennett said:

Overloading the hook with bait will get you nibbles but will rarely see you hooking anything. 

Every word I said was true 

You’ve went from a European final to hiring a guy from the English Championship with very little experience within 6 months. 

That should be ringing bells like an unpaid tax bill from HMRC

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Every word I said was true 

You’ve went from a European final to hiring a guy from the English Championship with very little experience within 6 months. 

That should be ringing bells like an unpaid tax bill from HMRC

It's behind the clock, they'll open it tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

What source did you read that told you he “shat it” and “didn’t think he could handle the step up”. Was it a celtic blog, by any chance?

45 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Gerrard literally moved to the Premier League… despite you describing his record as pish. Seems a bit of a contradiction, no?