Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

“Some” is pushing it a bit. Out of the 16 players used by Japan yesterday, 3 play in the J-League.

Some just means an unspecified number more than 1 so not really a push at all.

Irrespective of that did the “some” not do alright in your opinion? 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Aye, seems like it’s pretty much done.

Not 100% convinced by the appointment but I think there is potential there.

Seems like a half arsed one, tbh.

As in it was a choice between him and GVB 12 months ago, one didnt work out so now they try the other.

Hes clearly a good coach etc., but being a manager, especially of Rangers, is different. 

Has Beale been made aware of how badly Rangers* have been treated historically, so that he can appeal to the refereeing fraternity in his arrival speech at the top of the marble staircase, as his mate Gerrard did?

Having said that, I'm still finding it difficult to understand why somebody in his position would give up the opportunity of taking QPR up to the riches of the EPL in favour of a poisoned chalice at Govan's Institute of the Undead. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems like a half arsed one, tbh.

As in it was a choice between him and GVB 12 months ago, one didnt work out so now they try the other.

Hes clearly a good coach etc., but being a manager, especially of Rangers, is different. 

I kind of agree. I think Beale was always earmarked for the job down the line. When Gerrard left he took Beale with him so maybe thought it wasn’t the right time but again, I’d have liked him to have more experience first.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Some just means an unspecified number more than 1 so not really a push at all.

Irrespective of that did the “some” not do alright in your opinion? 

After Maeda went off and Japan started to play well, the tiny minority did more than alright.

22 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Why do Rangers fans hate Gerrard for jumping ship at the first opportunity but don't mind Beale who done the exact same but worse considering he was believed to be the brains of the operation?

I can't speak for all Rangers fans, but personally I don't hold the fact that Gerrard left to have a shot at the Premier League against him. We are way down the food chain in comparison. The timing could obviously have been better.

And with Beale being part of his coaching team it wasn't a surprise he went with Gerrard really, especially if Rangers didn't think he was the best candidate at that point to take on the top job.

Edited by AJF

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I can't speak for all Rangers fans, but personally I don't hold the fact that Gerrard left to have a shot at the Premier League against him. We are way down the food chain in comparison. The timing could obviously have been better.

And with Beale being part of his coaching team it wasn't a surprise he went with Gerrard really, especially if Rangers didn't think he was the best candidate at that point to take on the top job.

I'm not sure your opinion reflects the general feeling of most Rangers fans considering the amount of videos of fans cremating their Stevie G cardboard cutouts.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I'm not sure your opinion reflects the general feeling of most Rangers fans considering the amount of videos of fans cremating their Stevie G cardboard cutouts.

And you will notice that's why I said "I can't speak for all Rangers fans, but personally..."

And I am sure you are well aware the attention seekers who did stuff like that gain a lot more traction on social media than the ones who have a measured view on him. I can say quite confidently that it isn't a unanimous opinion that Gerrard is hated.